Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,641 members, 7,861,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:22 AM

Lagos State University Part-time Scam And Corruption. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos State University Part-time Scam And Corruption. (677 Views)

Crawford University Part-time Certificate, Diploma And Degree Admission Forms Is / UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! / What Is The Current Sememster For Olabisi Onabanjo University Part-time Program? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State University Part-time Scam And Corruption. by greatbola: 5:35pm On Jan 13, 2016
It's with deep regret that I can't write a comprehensive report now. I only have this to share. I am a victim of the LASU part time scam where students pay school fees through their nose, yet have no results or certificates to show for it.

Students got to know that the LASU External system, which handles the part time programme of the institution was franchised to some individuals who run about 8 off-campuses. They were meant to remit a certain percentage to the main campus.

It was either none of them held on to the terms of agreement or probably due to mismanagement on the part of the franchisee. This probably led to their fall outs in which case the then ex Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Fashola, cancelled the programme. Though the current students will be allowed to graduate, there would be no further admissions. There were some allegations that some staff of the school deliberately sat on the results in the hope that they are bribed (not confirmed). Other allegations were the incompetencies of the former Vice Chancellor, Professor John Obafunwa and Ex Governor, Babatunde Fashola, to hear the voice of the students and take actions. It is clear all the parties involved in this shan benefitted except the affected students, who inevitably are the victims here.

The problem now is the faith of the graduated students who have no results, or certificates to show for it. They are the victims here with all hopes lost waiting for results that are not forthcoming. They attended this institution as part time students while they work, in the hope that they earn a degree.

What happened to the trillions of naira generated from this scam and daylight robbery. I think it's high time the EFCC looked into this matter. The students' voice has to be heard loud and clear, this time around. Thanks.

Ajibola Adeboye
Lasu, Ogba Campus

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Me and my life / Differentiate Between This 2 Statement. / Chevron Agbami Scholarship 2016 For Undergraduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.