Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,757 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! (2320 Views)

Very Clean E39 BMW 528i In Sound Condition @ 780k / A Sound Reg 05 Peugeot 307 In Sound Condition / How I Wash My Car In 2 Minutes (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by gattang202(m): 5:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
Good evening all,

I seriously need help in sound proofing my car. The issue is that the road noise that comes back into my car while driving is very unbearable.

Please note that, every necessary checks on the car have been duly carried out from changing my Hub, to checking the tires, doing wheel balancing and alignment etc. But it's giving me the unwanted noise emanating from the road.

Help needed seriously.
Thanks.
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by IamRespected: 5:48pm On Jan 13, 2016
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 13, 2016
Are you using the recommended engine oil? Does your engine have a sound proof beneath the hood? Same goes for the trunk...are your tyres good and bolted properly?

Also, some cars as a result of architecture (factory design) have noise emanating from the engine bay at high speed. Heard is due to displacement of exhaust manifold. Hope checking some points stated can help solve the problem and never forget the hub of all 4 tyres. Its always the first culprit
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by gattang202(m): 5:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
@truth,thanks for your response. I use mobil xhp and my hub has been checked too. The tires are the specified tires as indicated on the door panel.

The car is a Toyota Camry 2009 model.

Thanks.
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by ourdele: 6:32am On Jan 16, 2016
Change your tires. Air traps in tire holes usually cause road noise. You can get a friend set of tires to try.
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by seunt4ut(m): 7:44am On Jan 16, 2016
Try and look for exact model of your car same year same interior and test drive it same speed same location. Then you will know if it's your car having problem and remember 4plugs engine are mostly noisy . Some cars are built like that.

3 Likes

Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by gattang202(m): 2:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
@ourdele,
The tires are brand new(all four) and I'm using the manufacturer specification.

@seun,
I discovered recently that if I'm on some tarred road I won't hear the noise again, while on some tarred road it will sound as if I'm driving on interlocking roads. While the sound on some interlocking roads are extremely high and some remains the same.

I'm really confused, reason why I'm looking for where I can do sound proof for the car.

Any help seriously needed.

Thanks.
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by ourdele: 1:45am On Jan 17, 2016
the tires are the problem. The manufacturer spec u mentioned are for smooth roads. Just try other set of tires of different manufacturer
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by Coldplay007(f): 8:31am On Jan 17, 2016
Sound proof wetin?.. Na music studio? grin

1 Like

Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by kingreign(m): 10:58am On Jan 17, 2016
gattang202:
Good evening all,

I seriously need help in sound proofing my car. The issue is that the road noise that comes back into my car while driving is very unbearable.

Please note that, every necessary checks on the car have been duly carried out from changing my Hub, to checking the tires, doing wheel balancing and alignment etc. But it's giving me the unwanted noise emanating from the road.

Help needed seriously.
Thanks.
Your Location pls
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by gattang202(m): 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2016
@ourdele, what tire specs do you suggest I use?please recommend /suggest.

@kingrie, my location is Ire-akari in Lagos.
Thanks.
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by kingreign(m): 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
gattang202:
@ourdele, what tire specs do you suggest I use?please recommend /suggest.

@kingrie, my location is Ire-akari in Lagos.
Thanks.

It would had been easier if you stay in Abuja. That's where I reside. That said, call Gazzuzz 08023251039
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by gattang202(m): 3:08pm On Jan 17, 2016
@kingreign,
Thanks. Who should I say directed me to him? N is he based in lagos?.

Thanks.
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by kemoac(m): 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2016
Check your door rubbers
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
take a pic of your current tyre thread
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by kingreign(m): 3:58pm On Jan 17, 2016
gattang202:
@kingreign,
Thanks. Who should I say directed me to him? N is he based in lagos?.

Thanks.

He's here already
GAZZUZZ:
take a pic of your current tyre thread
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by diportivo: 4:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
gattang202:
@truth,thanks for your response. I use mobil xhp and my hub has been checked too. The tires are the specified tires as indicated on the door panel.

The car is a Toyota Camry 2009 model.

Thanks.

Wrong oil grade
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by gattang202(m): 5:42pm On Jan 17, 2016
@Deportivo, what type oil do u suggest I use? As people give mobil xhp thumps up..

@kemoac, rubber doors how? Please expatiate more on d type of rubber doors and where is located?.

@Gazzuzz, please find attached pictures of the tyre tread.

Thank you.

Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
gattang202:

@Gazzuzz, please find attached pictures of the tyre tread.

Thank you.

try this type of angle. Bt from what I see your tryres look like champro GT radials.

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXOgR-Jfd3pafFjHO9VG2WOfcaXMTYoeob4N2n6iVWs5b5Mqzmww[/img]
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by gattang202(m): 6:53pm On Jan 17, 2016
@Gazzuzz,
Yes you are right. The tires are Champiro GT Redial. I will look at the angle you suggested now.
Also, I will send you a BBM add request now.

Thanks.
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by gattang202(m): 4:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
kemoac:
Check your door rubbers

@Kemoac, I think you are right about the door rubber. Please do you have idea how much the door rubber(s) will cost?.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by rainmaker12(m): 10:06pm On Jan 21, 2016
U need to isolate the noise not stop it. how many db can u successfully eliminate, that will be worth it, by changing things? Mechanical motors are meant to make noise.....many noise. Road noise, wind noise, engine noise, suspension noise....etc Modern car manufacturers try to use high end sound proofing not high end sound stopping. Get an aftermarket sound deadening application. thats what i use. put in ur doors, trunk, floor, behind cabin, under ur fenders. pending on how much sound u want to block. and u ll see the result. I understand tires,bearing,door rubbers,inner door panel protector (white nylon u see after removing d panel) can also affect noise, but not tremedously....chikina!
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by rainmaker12(m): 10:08pm On Jan 21, 2016
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_10?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=sound+deadening+material&sprefix=sound+dead%2Cautomotive%2C591&rh=n%3A15684181%2Ck%3Asound+deadening+material
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by gattang202(m): 5:15pm On Jan 23, 2016
rainmaker12:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_10?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=sound+deadening+material&sprefix=sound+dead%2Cautomotive%2C591&rh=n%3A15684181%2Ck%3Asound+deadening+material

Thanks rainmaker. Which one of the brand do you suggest I purchase?

I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by rainmaker12(m): 10:40am On Jan 31, 2016
i tried posting it but the mods are removing it, cos the name sounds like an explosive
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by gattang202(m): 11:40am On Jan 31, 2016
rainmaker12:
i tried posting it but the mods are removing it, cos the name sounds like an explosive
Lol.. ok thanks bro.
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by Renditiondezign: 5:31am On Jun 10, 2017
rainmaker12:

Hi, please where can I get the sound deadening foam in Lagos?
Re: Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:27am On Jun 10, 2017
Renditiondezign:

Hi, please where can I get the sound deadening foam in Lagos?
get it from Ali Express

(1) (2) (Reply)

ACURA TSx 2010 Clean Used Black... 2.2m / Perkins Diesel Generator spare Parts. / Acura TSX 2010 Registered N1.95m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.