Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,363 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Pls Who Has Confirmed Information On Fuel Issues In Owerri - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pls Who Has Confirmed Information On Fuel Issues In Owerri (519 Views)

Car Falls Into A Stream In Owerri, As Driver Loses Control As / Man Strolls In Boxers In Owerri After Removing His Clothes (Photos) / Huge Python Caught In Owerri, Butchered In Front Of Children (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Who Has Confirmed Information On Fuel Issues In Owerri by Ojayk(m): 6:22pm On Jan 13, 2016
i just bought fuel by the road side @ 300 per litre
And when i inquired why at that rate, i was informed that petroluem marketers are insisting that they cant sell their products at the approved pump price, because the products they have in stock now was not bought to be sold at the govt approved price of 86.50, hence they closed shops thereby creating artificial fuel scarcity.
Now i ask the following:
i recall that this issue of change in price was speculated sometime late last year, also i assume that before such policy statements are made public, an agreement must have been reached with marketers who are stakeholders in the sector.
Now, was this decision taken without allowing the marketers sell off their old stock?
if the marketers were duly informed or reached to an agreement with sometime last year, was the christmass period not enough for them to sell off their old stock?
PLS, someone on the side of the DPR and the marketers should inform us, so we know who to blame and suggest a way foward, cus this is causing a great hardship in IMO state now.

thanks
Re: Pls Who Has Confirmed Information On Fuel Issues In Owerri by dikeigbo2(m): 6:34pm On Jan 13, 2016

Speechless
Re: Pls Who Has Confirmed Information On Fuel Issues In Owerri by Ojayk(m): 8:01am On Jan 19, 2016
Fuel stations have resumed sales thou not at the reomended official price but between 100 and 130 per litter in Owerri now

meanwhile check this for some xtra cash

(1) (Reply)

Which Can Take You Far In Life? Education Or Talent? / Davido Is Not The First Nigerian To Sign For Sony… D’banj Is / Why Doesn't Fuel Sell At Approved Price In The South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.