Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,450 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Why Do African Parents Do This - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do African Parents Do This (778 Views)

Why Do African Americans Generally Have Lighter Skin Tone Than Africans? / Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" / Why Do African Old Women Like Walking Bare Chested Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do African Parents Do This by vault(m): 1:24am On Jan 14, 2016
African parents would call you from metres away to help them take something that's barely inches away from them....

Defending urself is regarded as a disrespect to African parents, when you try to justify yourself and they don't have any other thing to say is when you will hear things like "oh.... you want to beat me now abi?.... go ahead beat me"

They would barely commend your good deed but let almost the whole world know the slightest mistake you make.

Do something wrong and they will compare you with the kid they barely know anything about....... (this one I hate most).

to them its part of the so called home training

which ever way I believe it has positive effects. #love4myparents
add your experience.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African Parents Do This by jopretty(f): 1:37am On Jan 14, 2016
Telling their female daughters they are spoilt simply because they saw them with a guy. That's the one that pained me so much especially when mummy takes up the issue and if you dare open your mouth to challenge their wrong act, you'll hear "why won't she talk back at me? She's following boys now" angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Parents Do This by Hadassahisbae(f): 2:15am On Jan 14, 2016
jopretty:
Telling their female daughters they are spoilt simply because they saw them with a guy. That's the one that pained me so much especially when mummy takes up the issue and if you dare open your mouth to challenge their wrong act, you'll hear "why won't she talk back at me? She's following boys now" angry
lol..am sure ur mum is an example #wink#
Re: Why Do African Parents Do This by vault(m): 9:13am On Jan 14, 2016
jopretty:

lolz
Re: Why Do African Parents Do This by jopretty(f): 2:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hadassahisbae:

lol..am sure ur mum is an example #wink#
lol...you bet she was. #lovemymum
Re: Why Do African Parents Do This by glossy6(f): 8:45am On Jan 16, 2016
calls you from upstairs while gisting with her friends downstairs only for her to send you to bring her purse from the room upstairs

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Ooni Of Ife Visits Alaafin Of Oyo...first Time An Ooni Will Visit / Are Black Africans Really Duller Than Other Homo Sapiens? / Http://www.eurostandardmotors.com/forum/discussion/97121/what-is-perfect-biotics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.