Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees (1532 Views)

Babangida: How Us Invited 12nothern Governors To Remove Jonathan. / El-rufai: Some Jonathan Appointees Were Replaced After My Memo / Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by Timbi: 7:26am On Jan 14, 2016
A fresh crisis is currently brewing in the All Progressives Congress over the refusal of President Muhammadu Buhari to sack the political appointees of his predecessor, Goodluck Jonathan.

Some leaders of the ruling party, who faulted Buhari’s retention of the PDP members, called for their sacking and the appointment of APC members in their stead.

Besides, some members of the APC also lamented that Buhari was not helping the party with funds.

A chieftain of the APC in Lagos, who did not want his name in print, told our correspondent that they had not benefitted anything from Buhari since he took over power eight months ago.

He said it was as if the President was rewarding members of the Peoples Democratic Party and punishing APC members.

He said, “President Buhari took over on May 29, 2015 and has not rewarded APC members. Most of the heads of departments and agencies are members of the PDP who worked for Jonathan. For example, Onyeka Onwenu is still the Director-General of the National Women Centre while Mike Omeri is still the Director-General of the National Orientation Agency.

“A former Special Adviser to Jonathan on Media and Publicity, Mr. Ima Niboro, is still the Managing Director of the News Agency of Nigeria while Mr. Sola Omole is still the Director-General of the Nigeria Television Authority.

“There are almost 100 ambassadorial positions that are supposed to have been filled but these people are still occupying the offices. We are not asking for security or sensitive positions but all these appointments I mentioned are not statutory but merely political.

“Our people who worked so hard and spent money on Buhari’s campaign are languishing. There are many competent people in the APC.”

Another APC chieftain, who also craved anonymity, said if Buhari continued this way, the APC might not be able to retain power beyond 2019.

He said most of the people that were being appointed by the President were either northerners or members of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change.

The party leader added that about 15 of the 36 people appointed as ministers did not work for the party in the last elections and were not popular in their states.

He recalled that many of the ministers were rejected by their state governors and state party chapters because they had no roots or allegiance to them.

He said, “In Bayelsa State, the Minister of State for Agriculture and Rural Development, Heineken Lokpobiri, was a member of the PDP during the elections and he campaigned for Jonathan. He defected to the APC in August and was appointed a minister the following month. And yet, the core APC members were abandoned.

“The Minister of Environment, Amina Mohammed, from Gombe State, is not an APC member. The Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, is not an APC member. The Minister of Budget and National Planning, Senator Udo Udoma, was a PDP member during the election and there are many more examples.”

http://www.punchng.com/apc-leaders-want-buhari-to-remove-jonathans-appointees/
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 14, 2016
Politicians and rent seeking

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by Jamie1(m): 7:32am On Jan 14, 2016
A swear I no read sh!t
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by Aufbauh(m): 7:33am On Jan 14, 2016
Politicians and selfishness are inseparable.

But come to think on this, i never knew that PMB is as this magnanimous for retaining the likes of Ima Niboro, Mike Omeri, Sola Omole and Co. After all the smeared campaign against him.
No wonder his goodwill kept growing even among reasonable opposition members as his utmost interest is with the people and not political patrons.

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by daveyjay(m): 7:34am On Jan 14, 2016
A
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by texazzpete(m): 7:34am On Jan 14, 2016
Well, they have a fair point. Historically political positions should usually be filled with party faithful

Not sure why the likes of Mike omeri are still there.
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by ckmayoca: 7:35am On Jan 14, 2016
If they are performing to his taste he shld leave them na. And those who spent thier money, make they go into agriculture like they ask all the youth to do.

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by seunmsg(m): 7:35am On Jan 14, 2016
This is a government of change and not one for sharing political patronage. These politicians should calm down and let baba run his government steadily. When the time is right, the president will remove any political office holder from the last administration that needs to be removed. Political office hustlers in APC should not push the president to hurriedly take decisions that he would regret later.

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by Timbi: 7:38am On Jan 14, 2016
PMB gives preference to technocrats, while APC likes mediocres and the continuation of amala politics which discredited Jonathan's government. PMB cannot buy into the "chop I chop" politics some of this end time politicians are expecting.
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by Jorussia(m): 7:40am On Jan 14, 2016
I wonder what pmb is still waiting for,after over 7months in office ,i expect him to have sacked all Jonathan appointees and replace them with APC members.
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by Jorussia(m): 7:41am On Jan 14, 2016
seunmsg:
This is a government of change and not one for sharing political patronage.
politics can't be separated from governance
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by Ecoterrorism(f): 7:44am On Jan 14, 2016
Fo
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by mysteriousman(m): 7:46am On Jan 14, 2016
Well I doubt if PMB will do that, I'm sure those appointees will simply switch allegiance from their old pay master to the new one
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by seunmsg(m): 7:46am On Jan 14, 2016
Jorussia:
politics can't be separated from governance

I agree but they should not be in a hurry. The president is moving steadily and his party members should follow him steadily as well.
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by APCzombie: 7:46am On Jan 14, 2016
By the time they remove all those appointed under Jonathan and replace them with the agbereoes and bokos in the APC then we can all kiss goodbye to Nigeria's sanity.
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by APCzombie: 7:47am On Jan 14, 2016
Jorussia:
I wonder what pmb is still waiting for,after over 7months in office ,i expect him to have sacked all Jonathan appointees and replace them with APC members.

Not only that. Let Buhari also sack all those civil servants employed from 2009 up till may 29, 2015.

Yeye

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by omaguibu(m): 7:52am On Jan 14, 2016
when you come out with your names in print, then baba will know you are serious. Instead of you to join the search for a missing budget you are here making a silly complain.
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by IamPatriotic(m): 8:02am On Jan 14, 2016
Sola Omole and Mike Omeri should have been given way to competent and loyal APC members, they're core PDP and worked so hard to stop PMB becoming President and their loyalty to the government of the day may be questionable.
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by PRYCE(m): 8:07am On Jan 14, 2016
Yar'Adua already set the pace for a Coalition government... The Dullard can only learn!
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by godoluwa(m): 8:10am On Jan 14, 2016
APC IS MADE OF BITTERNESS
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by ademega(m): 8:33am On Jan 14, 2016
that is how it should be now
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by lawydewy(m): 8:33am On Jan 14, 2016
Move closer to your enemies and make use of them!
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by Montaque(m): 8:36am On Jan 14, 2016
texazzpete:
Well, they have a fair point. Historically political positions should usually be filled with party faithful

Not sure why the likes of Mike omeri are still there.

You haven't judge Mike omeri fairly.
I have nothing else to tell u for now.
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by Montaque(m): 8:38am On Jan 14, 2016
Nobody has yet questioned the competency of these appointees.
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by ideologies(m): 8:43am On Jan 14, 2016
Hahaha
APC is a joke, requesting BUHARI to fund the party, with which money, we are not done recovering from PDP funding the party with national cake,

Hahaha

Where is the change? CHOP I CHOP

Let them cry rivers,

Buhari is the president of Nigerians, not an opportunist for APC.
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO TURN TO BIGGER CRASH AND THE NORTHERN BROTHERS FORM A NEW PARTY AS MANY PROPHETS AND TINUBU HAVE PREDICTED
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by drss(m): 8:50am On Jan 14, 2016
make dem cool down small. Buari is already compiling list of a.bo.kis for immidiate appointment.
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by deandavid(m): 9:01am On Jan 14, 2016
thats the way to go na, thats the reason we voted the change, all the appointments of PDP should be uprooted ASAP, its not a matter to debate na. PMB use your head o.
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by DaGC(m): 10:37am On Jan 14, 2016
If only they were only bothered about the progress of Nigeria and not their personal gains. Smh cry

Yet the youths e-fight here everyday because of APC and PDP, as if there's a difference.
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by Mustay(m): 10:58am On Jan 14, 2016
Timbi:

A chieftain of the APC in Lagos, who did not want his name in print, told our correspondent that they had not benefitted anything from Buhari since he took over power eight months ago.

PARASITES!!! AGIP - Any Government In Power, they lurk around to 'benefit' from government.

He said, “President Buhari took over on May 29, 2015 and has not rewarded APC members. Most of the heads of departments and agencies are members of the PDP who worked for Jonathan. For example, Onyeka Onwenu is still the Director-General of the National Women Centre while Mike Omeri is still the Director-General of the National Orientation Agency.

Rewarded Mehn, he must reward the voters first o! No be only APC members that 'worked'. After all, some people were given incentives and still decided to vote whomsoever they chose.
These guys did not work for Jonathan, they worked for the government of Jonathan. I will not play naiveté that some of these guys just dey
do eye-service but if this government finds them performing and not sabotaging its effort, why send fellow effective Nigerians away

He said it was as if the President was rewarding members of the Peoples Democratic Party and punishing APC members.

That's the effect of cross-carpeting. Are these guys not Nigerians too

“There are almost 100 ambassadorial positions that are supposed to have been filled but these people are still occupying the offices. We are not asking for security or sensitive positions but all these appointments I mentioned are not statutory but merely political.

That's why Nigerians in the diaspora (NID) suffer. These so-called non-sensitive positions are very important. If we have political appointees who are just "yes-men", NIDs will continue to complain of the 'deadness' of our foreign missions.

“Our people who worked so hard and spent money on Buhari’s campaign are languishing. There are many competent people in the APC.”

There are many MORE competent NIGERIANS

When will the interest of Nigeria(ns) override personal, selfish aspirations ehn
Re: APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees by coolitempa(f): 11:03am On Jan 14, 2016
APC have a point...why should political posts under an APC government be occupied by PDP.....its bleeping eight months since PMB took over and if he does not act fast...we will certainly have PDP return to power as no one will put any effort and not be rewarded....this is politics 101... angry

(1) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo And His Many Children From Different Wives(photos) / 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians / I Have Been In Your Shoes Before – Jonathan Consoles Clinton After Election Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.