Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,085 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room (2554 Views)

Upgrade Your Mercedes Benz Cars To High Models / Best Cclass Benz Cars At Best Prices (TOKUNBO,) #08096577304 / Mercedes Benz Cars For Sell Brand New And Tokumbo Available Make Your Choice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
I bought my used Mercedes Benz C200 myself from Munich Germany. Though the car is lovely and very sweet to drive especially with the respect and feeling of uniqueness the car commands on any road both Nigeria and abroad. i have recently encountered some challenges with the car. while driving i realize a funny movement at the right rare wheel when maneuvering through rough and hilly roads and decided to jack up the car to see how it rolls while on drive (since it is a rare wheel drive). i realized that the rare shaft was making a struggling sound inside the back axle. i took a step further to visit two mechanic who double checked and asserted that the back axle was faulty.

i went to the market with the mechanic to procure a suitable axle which was fixed immediately. unfortunately the problem persisted which implies that axle was not the problem. a further check discovered that the brake was holding down the movement of shaft and thereby causing the shaft to struggle inside the axle. we decided to change caliper. several calipers was tried again and again still no solution.

Finally i went for an engine check with a company and discovered a chocking revelation..........the main problem was ABS system. which had been fixed successfully.

It would be nice to have this thread to discuss issues peculiar to Mercedes Benz cars so as to reduce the stress that we face with our lovely vehicle. especially in the hands of our mechanics.

Currently i would like to know if there is a place to get original fuel pump for this car in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by Alonu(m): 1:12pm On Jan 14, 2016
I am about to buy an E class but I don't know which of the models and year is easier to maintain in terms of cost of parts and fuel consumption. Pls I need professional advice or advice based on past experience
Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 14, 2016
Alonu:
I am about to buy an E class but I don't know which of the models and year is easier to maintain in terms of cost of parts and fuel consumption. Pls I need professional advice or advice based on past experience
Benz cars are strong and durable. E class is exotics. Like every other new model cars, the newer the more expensive are the parts. E200 is surpose to be "fuel economy" Other than that Benz is super
Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by laptopsale(m): 7:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
Alonu:
I have 2006 E320 at giveaway price, its fuel efficient and every Benz lover's joy.
Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
want to buy a Mercedes C200 1999/2000 model. Is it a good buy?
Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by laptopsale(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
drjoshua2000:
Very good car.
Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by jesonye: 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
laptopsale:
I have 2006 E320 at giveaway price, its fuel efficient and every Benz lover's joy.

Interested. Whatapp pix and relevant info 08033132667
Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by Alonu(m): 12:54am On Jan 15, 2016
makenzie:
Benz cars are strong and durable. E class is exotics. Like every other new model cars, the newer the more expensive are the parts. E200 is surpose to be "fuel economy" Other than that Benz is super
thanks alot for this info
laptopsale:
can you send pics to my whatsapp 08063350344
Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by rexpet: 1:59am On Jan 15, 2016
I need a registered and well maintained c200, preferably in ibadan and my budget is 400k. Anyone that has should contact me asap. (08039135334 whatsaap) or on rexpet2001@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 15, 2016
drjoshua2000:
this is one of the fuel economy cars. If u live in lagos buying your Benz spare part at Trinity is the best.
Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 15, 2016
rexpet:
I need a registered and well maintained c200, preferably in ibadan and my budget is 400k. Anyone that has should contact me asap. (08039135334 whatsaap) or on rexpet2001@yahoo.com. thanks
are you sure u will get a well maintained Benz for that price? Just be careful not to buy liability. May be the 1998/99 model
Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by laptopsale(m): 3:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
makenzie:
are you sure u will get a well maintained Benz for that price? Just be careful not to buy liability. May be the 1998/99 model
Nigerians always look for cheap things bro
Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
simple fuel pump
laptopsale:
Nigerians always look for cheap things bro
:- grin on my previous post i asked for fuel pump for my car because my car keep jarking and braking down something. We thought it was fuel pump. After changing the fuel pump i had thesame problem on friday night even when the car was driving smooth. I left the car there on friday night and came back in the morning believing it should start after having cooled. Funny enought it did not. My electrical guy came and discovered a simple funny problem that is 100 avoidable........
Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 27, 2016
It will be nice if those of us who uses benz cab share our experiences here
Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
of all my cars, the one i love the most is the Mercedes Benz S320 aka W140 aka beast (mine is 2001 model, even though they stopped production in 1999. learnt mine was designed as special order). the car drives smoothly like a plane, and the interior is extra quiet. it comes with all the prestige that adorns any Mercedes Benz S-class. recently when braking, the front tyres do vibrate, its even worse when u drive above 80km/h cos the steering vibrates terribly. initially I tot it was tyres not properly guaged, then fixed that and it didn't work. later I tried wheel balancing, but still no luck. someone suggested I replaced my tyrod, which I did, but no luck. then I tried raising the car up and noticed that my rotor is bad, cos if u try to spin the front left wheel while the car is jacked, it spins a little and gets stiff a little, which is a sign that my wheel rotor is bent or warped. I already have placed an order for new front rotors, and it will be arriving soon. attached below is a pix of my kinda car

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 31, 2016
lrguru:
of all my cars, the one i love the most is the Mercedes Benz S320 aka W140 aka beast (mine is 2001 model, even though they stopped production in 1999. learnt mine was designed as special order). the car drives smoothly like a plane, and the interior is extra quiet. it comes with all the prestige that adorns any Mercedes Benz S-class. recently when braking, the front tyres do vibrate, its even worse when u drive above 80km/h cos the steering vibrates terribly. initially I tot it was tyres not properly guaged, then fixed that and it didn't work. later I tried wheel balancing, but still no luck. someone suggested I replaced my tyrod, which I did, but no luck. then I tried raising the car up and noticed that my rotor is bad, cos if u try to spin the front left wheel while the car is jacked, it spins a little and gets stiff a little, which is a sign that my wheel rotor is bent or warped. I already have placed an order for new front rotors, and it will be arriving soon. attached below is a pix of my kinda car
pls where do you place your order from
Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
makenzie:
pls where do you place your order from
I placed an order from a guy who sells original German spare parts in Onitsha.
Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
lrguru:
I placed an order from a guy who sells original German spare parts in Onitsha.
ok. i thought you bough directly from ebay or Amazon
Re: Mercedes Benz Cars. Chat Room by camaro(m): 8:30pm On Feb 01, 2016
There an already existing benz thread at car talk section not here on autos. Most you problems have been mention and taken care of. You might want to try this link

https://www.nairaland.com/520025/mercedes-benz-thread

(1) (Reply)

Registered 2014 Toyota Highlander Limited SOLD / VW__ Sharon.used! / Very clean Toyota For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.