Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Money Or Job: Which One Do You Really Need? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Money Or Job: Which One Do You Really Need? (552 Views)

Friend Offers Man N400k Monthly Job Which Involves Sleeping With Women In Italy / Marketing Or Teaching Job? Which Would You Prefer As A Graduate? / ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Money Or Job: Which One Do You Really Need? by Emasky4real(m): 3:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
This article is a continuation of the my previous post, the mystery of money. You may click to read it first for a better understanding of this post, and if you have read lets go there!

In today’s world virtually 80% of people depend on paid employment to make money. As a result of this the problem of unemployment has skyrocketed across the world. I was discussing with a young man lately who complained to me how flat broke he was. I tried to find out why he was so broke, and the answer he gave was that he had no job. I further asked him why he feels so, and he said if he had a job, he would earn salary, which will help him in solving his money related problems.

From my chat with him all I can conclude to be is problem is money, and not lack of job. I observed most young graduates and people within the working population are of the same mindset with the young man I chatted with. They believe they needed a paid employment to make money, but they are wrong. People with this mindset keep writing CV and moving from one organization to another in a bid to get a job to earn salary. If the job didn’t show up, they become broke and start blaming the government and everything around them as the reason for their lack of money. If you are of this mindset, you are not poor because of a bad economy, you are poor because you lack financial education. The truth is that, what you don’t know is more powerful than you.

Let me put it straight, you don’t necessarily need to work for an organization to earn money. Working for an organization is only one of the many ways to earn money. When you work for a company, they don’t pay you because you are working for them, they pay you because of the value you are giving them, and the day you become incapable of giving the value, they will show you the way out of their organization. Your organization pays you only for your time and what you can do for them (your skill).

Now, if a company does not hire you, there are other people out there who need one thing or the other which if you can provide, you will get paid. You can create your own job by studying the needs of people in your environment and come up with solutions to meet their needs and solve their problems. The company you are seeking to work for makes money by solving people's problem. You too can set up your own mini-company and make money. For example, any time my hair is bushy; I have no choice but to visit a barbing salon and have a nice hair-cut. When the barber is done with his job, I have no choice but to give him #200 for his service. Tens of people visit his shop on daily basis to get bushy hair off their head, and as result he makes his money.

If you are reading this article and currently have no job, I want you to know that your unemployment is not as a result of the witches and wizards in your village. It is either you are ignorant, lazy, proud or have no skill.

In making money all you need is skill or knowledge and a burning desire. Your skill is your earning ability. It is one thing you can always improve on. If you don’t have the skill you desire now, you can go and learn from experts. That is the good news.

According to Brian Tracy, “you can learn anything you needed to achieve any goal you can set for yourself.” Lack of skill is not an excuse. To become rich, all you need is to provide solution to a problem that many people have, by so doing, you create for them solutions or benefits which they will be willing to pay for. You solve people’s problem in two ways, one by giving them what they want and second, by removing what they don’t want, in either case they will be willing to pay you.

Always have in mind that we are in the 21st century, a period which information is transmitted from one place to another at the speed of light. An era, when new technology to solve human problems is evolving on daily basis. In this era, no matter what your skill is, someone is thinking and working very hard to provide the benefit of what you do at a cheaper rate. In this era, there is no such thing as job security. You can lose your job anytime because someone out there is working very hard to eliminate your current job, or to reduce your income.

Surviving the times demands just want one thing, ability to consistently update your skill in line with the change in your environment. A quote attributed to Charles Darwin says, “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent that do survive. It is the one most adaptable to change.” To adapt in a rapidly changing world, you need to consistently update your skill (your earning ability)

Finally, always have it mind that being poor or rich is a matter of choice and the choice is in your hand.

Source:http://www.taiwoemayosan.com/2016/01/money-or-job-which-one-do-you-really.html

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Money Or Job: Which One Do You Really Need? by STENON(f): 4:17pm On Jan 14, 2016
kiss

(1) (Reply)

Vacancies At British American Tobacco & Jobs At UBER / Pharmacist Needed / Architects Needed Urgently (Lekki – Ibeju)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.