Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili (886 Views)

Army Confirms The Rescue Of Rakiya Abubakar, Chibok Schoolgirl / Abba Kyari Meets Ambode After The Rescue Of Kidnapped Lagos Schoolgirls / Police Releases Press Statement On The Rescue Of Chief Olu Falae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili by kadree(m): 12:03am On Jan 15, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday told
BringBackOurGirls campaigners and parents of the over 200
girls abducted from their school in Chibok in 2014 that he
expected them to be appreciative of the efforts his
government had been making to rescue the girls.

He said he wakes up thinking about the girls who are in
captivity, adding that it would be wrong to believe that his
administration had not been doing anything about their
plight.

Buhari addressed the campaigners and the parents of the
girls behind closed doors inside the old Banquet Hall of the
Presidential Villa.

Leader of the campaigners, Mrs. Oby Ezkwesili, told
reporters of the outcome of the meeting.
Ezekwesili said the President also insisted at the meeting
that he had no credible information on the current location
of the abducted girls.

“The President stated that he would also have expected us
to acknowledge the efforts that they have so far made and
that we failed to acknowledge the efforts they have made,
but that he wishes that we would agree that he is very
committed to the matter of our Chibok girls.

“He used the specific phrase that he sleeps and wakes up
thinking about the rescue of our girls,” Ezekwesili said.

She said Buhari, therefore, asked for understanding,
assuring them that efforts were being intensified to free the
girls.

She said, “What the President essentially said is that his
statement during the media chat that they do not have
credible intelligence was him being truthful in the way that
he knows how to be and that he was not prepared to tell any
lies.

“He insisted that they do not have the kind of reliable
intelligence that would enable them rescue the girls as
immediately as we are demanding.

“He said that we should continue to try to bear with him and
that based on the fact that the government has recorded
considerable success in decimating Boko Haram and its
hold over the North-East Zone and that what remains is the
matter of rescuing our Chibok girls and other affected
citizens that are in abduction.

“He said, therefore, we will have to wait and that they would
make the effort. He pleaded with the parents that his
government would place as much efforts (as possible) to
rescuing the girls and that was the same message he had
given to them before and that he was repeating the same
message.”

Going forward, the former Minister of Education said her
group would continue to demand for the action that is
necessary to rescue our Chibok Girls.

She said the movement also demanded that the presidential
fact-finding committee report on Chibok girls which was
conducted during the previous administration be made
public.

She added that they demanded a fresh investigation into the
circumstances that led to the girls’ abduction.

“So we are demanding that this administration will quickly
agree with the demands of these parents that new
investigation be made even as General Sabo report is being
disclosed,” she said.
http://www.punchng.com/chibok-girls-buhari-asks-bbog-campaigners-to-be-appreciative/
Re: Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili by JAMANZE: 12:36am On Jan 15, 2016
Now you Buhari want us to understand you when you say you don't know where the girls are. That is hypocrisy considering how you and your party
handled this matter when GEJ was in charge. What APC and Buhari did to this country while trying to pull GEJ down will hunt you a million time. ABO..KI. Ndi Ara

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili by Realdeals(m): 12:41am On Jan 15, 2016
Now that's the truth coming out
Re: Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili by Nobody: 12:59am On Jan 15, 2016
So this is what transpired between Mr president and BBOG? Buy why is vanguard saying another thing just to paint Buhari black? Chai!E no go better for PDP I swear. angry

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili by Parcks(m): 1:00am On Jan 15, 2016
Sad, just so sad...that the chibok girls issue was politicized beyond measure...u assured us that if we voted u in, u would ensure the girls are returned to their parents...7 months on, "we have no credible intelligence" meaning, " I DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY ARE!"

1 Like

Re: Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 15, 2016
I respect Buhari for is personality. However, those who packaged him did a very bad job. They employed all kinds of tactics with this chibok issue to bring the previous government down.
Re: Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili by mars123(m): 1:20am On Jan 15, 2016
sameer1212:
So this is what transpired between Mr president and BBOG? Buy why is vanguard saying another thing just to paint Buhari black? Chai!E no go better for PDP I swear. angry
That's politics for you bruv. It's a dirty fight for the power throne.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili by nnachukz(m): 2:54am On Jan 15, 2016
Old man that can shamelessly lie like lie Mohammed. Wakes up thinking of rescuing the girls? Politicians self. Don't think alone, start working. Since boko haram has been defeated, the girls should be at their various homes by now.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili by Nobody: 3:51am On Jan 15, 2016
This might not hit the front page. My amiable president, despite all the propaganda, pls we love you. You are not perfect, but we know you are better. More grease to your elbow Sir.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili by SkyBlue1: 4:20am On Jan 15, 2016
I thought he stormed out and insulted the parents? Anarchists will continue to be embarrassed, I just don't understand why any sane patriot of any country would purposely hope for and get excited over the prospect of their president failing, I just don't get it. Bigotry is a powerful thing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili by Sibrah: 4:30am On Jan 15, 2016
He gives a damn. He knows US doesn't know. He isn't spraying party members with money for the girls' search. He isn't clueless. He simple isn't waiting on goodluck to do the magic He is proactive and not reactive. He is original and not fake.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili by scribble: 5:42am On Jan 15, 2016
Baba Bubu is seeing Chibok girls in his dreams ....hmmmm

I hope these are not wet dreams
Re: Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili by Kyase(m): 6:51am On Jan 15, 2016
sameer1212:
You never know?
Vanguard and sunonline are questionable.
As for sunonline I don't even read anything they write.
Bunch of IPoDs

1 Like

Re: Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili by Meriekriss: 6:51am On Jan 15, 2016
Ppl just creating different threads on same topic with different captions just to make fp...

Check my signature for your breathtaking wallpapers and 3D wall panels, 3D epoxy floors, ceilings and wooden blinds & floors..
Re: Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili by Caseless: 7:00am On Jan 15, 2016
and they said he was cold and angry towards them. God won't forgive wailers , I guess.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Said He Wakes Up Thinking About The Rescue Of Our Girls-Ezekwesili by olajadex(m): 7:49am On Jan 15, 2016
So you believe that trash go and read oby tweet then you see that or all frame thread is a trash.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Deadly Attack Kill Dozens In Nigeria - ALJAZEERA / DSS Arrest Presidency Staff Over Leaks / APC Uncover Alleged Wikegate Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.