Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers (14790 Views)

UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) / Female Medical Doctor Dies In Warri After Her Return From Ukraine. Photos / Lagos Doctor Dies After Attending To Patient (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers by looseweight: 1:03pm On Jan 15, 2016
Olkk
Re: Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 15, 2016
Afrok:
R.I.P doctor.... he died in the cause of saving lifes.
Ebola came and all hands were on deck and ensured the virus was not allowed to spread beyond control, here is Lassa fever spreading rapidly and yet it looked like little or nothing is been and/or will be done.

May God help us as we help ourselves too.

Lassa has a cure(has to be administered on time, but it works). Ebola does not.
Re: Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers by 9jatatafo(m): 1:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
How come strange diseases have a way of killing our doctors? I could recall many years back there was a claim that a professor from Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma who happens to be a VC then has cure for Lassa fever. Where is the professor now? Students of EKP from 2000 to 2004 should know the prof I am talking about.
Re: Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 15, 2016
9jatatafo:
How come strange diseases have a way if killing our doctors? I could recall many years back there was a claim that a professor fron Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma who happens to be a VC then has cure for Lassa fever. Where is the professor now? Students of EKP from 2000 to 2004 should know the prof I am talking about.

There is a cure for Lassa fever...ribavarin....but it has to be administered early in the disease process.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers by Afrok(m): 1:12pm On Jan 15, 2016
Kikero112:

Lassa has a cure(has to be administered on time, but it works). Ebola does not.
Cure? Even at that, its spreading rapidly.
Re: Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers by 9jatatafo(m): 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
Kikero112:

There is a cure for Lassa fever...ribavarin....but it has to be administered early in the disease process.

Many thanks for the information.
Re: Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers by Nani4all(m): 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
this news weakens me.... he was a close family friend and a good friendly doctor....RIP bro embarassed

1 Like

Re: Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers by Amhappy(f): 1:32pm On Jan 15, 2016
This news is sad. I too wonder why the low awareness and poor action from the Buhari lead government. Primary and secondary contacts of every infected person has to the isolated immediately just like was done for Ebola. If that was done, this great man wouldn't have died since he will be in the disease control center in time and treatment will be administered immediately he showed some signs. The govt is handling this with kid gloves. Let's not forget that there is something call mutation. This year lassa virus may have become a more powerful organism than the previous. Rip Doctor.
Re: Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers by SirLewis(m): 1:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
WETCUNT:
DISEASES FROM THE ZOO IS AFFECTION THE ZOO KEEPERS
It's "affecting" dummy
Re: Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers by xtervaganza(m): 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2016
Acidosis:
RIP Doc

Lassa isn't getting adequate attention cos the government is fighting corruption in all sectors.
receive sense
Re: Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers by DOCTORDONE: 4:28pm On Jan 15, 2016
RIP Sir
Re: Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers by dBard: 4:49pm On Jan 15, 2016
His name is Dr. Living Jamala..A calm, unassuming, hardworking guy and he'll be sorely missed.

It's really terrible that after the Ebola outbreak across the country, there's still no set protocol to follow wen other outbreaks,such as these, occur.
There should be protocols with the appropriate response at different levels of outbreak
At least, it'll end the issue of wen n wen not to declare an emergency.

Another issue is that of Doctors allowance especially the 'Hazard' allowance. #5000.00 is Too poor considering the risks health care professionals (in general) go through.

A father, son, brother and friend has died and been buried without fanfare..

His soul R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers by kings09(m): 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
U jst spoke my mind. Wen d virus threatens d life of d president or Vp, u ll see quick action. Nw it's killing ordinary Nigerians, minister of health jst de talk 4 press conference. Intervention na 4 mouth.
tmtech:
this is really serious.. d only tin dat gains attention of all in dis country na politics.. all we do is trade blames... i am still marvelled at how the fed and state govmnts r so silent of dis lassa fever threat.. i guess we av to wait till it kills one prominent person b4 dey all rise up to arrest d situation. dis is an emergency.. dia is fire on the mountain , unfortunately, no one is running.. imagine, another doctor is gone so cheaply.. we really nid a rethink
Re: Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers by debuscket(m): 7:01pm On Jan 15, 2016
This is the time where l miss prof Onyebuchi Chukwudi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert / Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer / Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.