Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla (4903 Views)

Do You Smartphone Have Such Humanized Function And Operatting? / What Is Your Preferred Smartphone Screen Size? / Top 7 Rumours About Samsung Galaxy S7 You Don't Want To Miss....fonesvilla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by Nobody: 5:47am On Jan 15, 2016
The screen is an important part of any smartphone. It should be neatly kept and adequately protected so as the retain the smooth look and feel it gives your phone.

After purchasing a smartphone, users still have to get anti-scratch protector for their screens to prevent it from scratch and wear. But in the case of smartphones with Corning Gorilla glass protection, you certainly don't need an anti-scratch protector.

The fact is whether your smartphone comes with a Corning Gorilla glass protection or not, you must have to keep your screen clean to prolong its life. So here are 5 things you should never do when cleaning your smartphone screen. And I mean NEVER NEVER EVER!

1. Never use the spit or saliva and rub cleaning method. Saliva is NOT a cleaning agent! Using saliva to clean your screen will only create an unwanted grime hay you will have to clean off again. So you will actually be creating double work for yourself.

2. Don't press too hard on the screen when cleaning or you might damage the display. Some people literally want to scrub their screen as if they are scrubbing their toilet or the floor. Geez! No! It's a screen made of mixture of glass and plastic and can break or crack. Also, dust or other dirts don't stick tightly to screen surface. So you don't need too much applied force to remove them! You just need the right solvent and the right amount of pressure to remove them.

3. Avoid using anything that is abrasive when cleaning a touchscreen. Never use paper towels or tissue paper or even your fingernails on your screen. The reason is simple. Towels and tissue paper contain bits of wood fibres that will scratch your screen or any plastic surface. The funny thing is that when you use tissue paper or towels, the screen might look clean and new,but most scratches may not be seen immediately. You could wake up next day and see them! You would be wondering how they got there! So completely avoid the temptation of using these items to clean your smartphone screen. It will only result in your screen looking dull and somewhat fuzzy.

4. Never use anything containing ammonia to clean the touchscreen. I don't want to go into the chemistry of the reaction but simply don't use ammonia to clean your screen. There may be cases though where the manufacturer would specifically stated a product. But no Manufacturer will ask you to use Ammonia because it can damage the screen.

5. Avoid spraying liquid or water direct on the screen. Many phone users make this mistake and its really dangerous. The risk there is that the liquid could leak into the device damage and it. So don't splash water or any cleaning solvent on you screen before cleaning it. Instead, always spray the liquid onto the microfiber, squeeze to remove any excess liquid, and then wipe softly and gently.

*Always visit www.fonesvilla.com for more helpful articles.

So follow these 5 DON'Ts when it comes to your smartphone screen and preserve its cool. If you are someone who easily gets bored with gadgets, then keeping your device clean and neat increases its second hand value in case you want to sell them off. So proper use - in this case the screen - of your device can help you recoup a good percentage of the amount of money you purchased the phone. Helpful tip yeah?
Leave your comments.

Source: http://fonesvilla.com/5-things-you-should-never-do-when-cleaning-your-smartphone-screen/
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by Nobody: 6:11am On Jan 15, 2016
I thought u'ld at least tell us the right step to take in cleaning our screens. Helpful tho, thanks.
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by Whizpeter(m): 6:32am On Jan 15, 2016
Just testing my keyboard... cheesy
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by bobo65(m): 6:48am On Jan 15, 2016
Nice update

But I don't understand sumtn in number 5

5. Avoid spraying liquid or water direct on the screen. Many phone users make this mistake and its really dangerous. The risk there is that the liquid could leak into the device and dangerous it . So don't splash water or any cleaning solvent on you screen before cleaning it. Instead, always spray the liquid onto the microfiber, squeeze to remove any excess liquid, and then wipe softly and gently.

D bolded

Maybe the mods can explain

Cc dragnet obinoscopy
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 15, 2016
bobo65:
Nice update

But I don't understand sumtn in number 5

5. Avoid spraying liquid or water direct on the screen. Many phone users make this mistake and its really dangerous. The risk there is that the liquid could leak into the device and dangerous it . So don't splash water or any cleaning solvent on you screen before cleaning it. Instead, always spray the liquid onto the microfiber, squeeze to remove any excess liquid, and then wipe softly and gently.

D bolded

Maybe the mods can explain

Cc dragnet obinoscopy

Lolzzzzz....sorry it was a typo. Corrected now. Thanks for pointing it out.
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by Xhaka(m): 10:27am On Jan 15, 2016
Cleaning of my phone depends on the quality of phone i use.
Can't be using Nokia touch light and clean it everyday, but if i use phones like iphone6, Phantom5 or S6, i'll clean it every hour grin
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by gidimasters(m): 11:59am On Jan 15, 2016
Hmmm
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by teelaweee(m): 1:14pm On Jan 15, 2016
Xhaka:
Can't be using Nokia touch light and clean it everyday, but if i use phones like iphone6, Phantom5 or S6, i'll clean it every hour grin

Haha! Those devices are kings. Call them CLASSIC
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 15, 2016
Xhaka:

Those aren't smartphones. Their screens are just pure rubber. Can't compare it to smart screens that we have now!
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by Kingy10: 7:34pm On Jan 15, 2016
6)Use Screen protector to be on a safer side.
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by Xhaka(m): 12:17pm On Jan 18, 2016
bizie:

Those aren't smartphones. Their screens are just pure rubber. Can't compare it to smart screens that we have now!
So you mean iphone6, Phantom5 and S6 aint smartphones?
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by Xhaka(m): 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2016
teelaweee:

Haha! Those devices are kings. Call them CLASSIC
You sabi better thing jare cheesy
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by teelaweee(m): 7:37am On Jan 20, 2016
Xhaka:

You sabi better thing jare cheesy

who no sabi royalty? #TecnoIsRoyalty
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by teelaweee(m): 7:44am On Jan 20, 2016
bizie:

It is funny you don't know that some types of glass can be rubber like. And these types of glass are better because on impact, they undergo a little bit of elastic deformation. This ultimately keeps the screen from reaching fracture point.
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by teelaweee(m): 7:44am On Jan 20, 2016
Xhaka:

that fellow definitely has no idea what a smartphone is.
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by Xhaka(m): 9:09am On Jan 20, 2016
teelaweee:

who no sabi royalty? #TecnoIsRoyalty
Waa'gabyi grin
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by teelaweee(m): 2:03am On Jan 21, 2016
Xhaka:

Waa'gabyi grin

aha! LOL. Oshey jaree padi
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
Xhaka:

Typical nairaland comment! Aways think they know more than anyone else. Dunno how u would not see that my comments is about the Nokia phone he talked about. How can I not know smartphones?? Smh for u.
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
teelaweee:

that fellow definitely has no idea what a smartphone is.

How would you think that? My comment was about the Nokia touch light phone he was talking about.
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by Xhaka(m): 11:10am On Jan 28, 2016
bizie:

Typical nairaland comment! Aways think they know more than anyone else. Dunno how u would not see that my comments is about the Nokia phone he talked about. How can I not know smartphones?? Smh for u.
From your comment, it seems you don't know smartphones tongue
Re: 5 Things You Should Not Do When Cleaning You Smartphone Screen! Fonesvilla by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
Xhaka:

From your comment, it seems you don't know smartphones tongue

Lol. Maybe u r right. Egghead.

(1) (Reply)

MTN Free 600mb / No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China / Tecno Spark 7 Launched With 6.53 Display, 6,000 Mah Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.