Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,003 members, 7,821,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Please Advice Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advice Me (790 Views)

My Marriage; A Blessing Or A Curse. Please Advice / My Neighbour Is About To Kill His Wife!! Please Advice. (urgent) / My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me by muyi2ce: 7:49am On Jan 15, 2016
I got married last year june but my wife still resides in ekiti because she works der and jst dis year i had a baby, all the expenses of the wedding and the hospitals bills for the baby has gulped so much of my finance and i wish to relocate my my wife and child back to lagos to stay with me, though i still stay with my mum in her house and my problem now is that there is no money to get an accommodation, but i have an offer from my mother who has a block of 4flats to stay in one of the flat that is vacant. please is it ok for me to move my family to my mother's house. we will be staying in the same building but different flat from my mum.
Re: Please Advice Me by Johnnoah1st: 7:59am On Jan 15, 2016
Re: Please Advice Me by Meringe(m): 8:18am On Jan 15, 2016
You know your mom more than we know her, so, you can know if she is the overbearing type or the easygoing. But if the former is the case, Abeg don't bring in your wife, better you rent a bedroom flat that will not cost much. Another angle of the issue is the different blocks of flat, but if your mama na the overbearing type , she will still penetrate the flat to cause wahala. You know the women better, so make your decision.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me by pretydiva(f): 8:24am On Jan 15, 2016
Since you are not financially buoyant for the main time, I 'd suggest you take her offer.

While on it,try to look for ways to earn some money so u can move out your family in no distant time to avoid mother -daughter in law conflict

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 15, 2016
This is serious...... I won't advise you to do something of such..... There won't be any privacy for you and your family....... Even if your mum is not complaining..... It's bad....

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me by Acidosis(m): 9:17am On Jan 15, 2016
There is nothing wrong in living with your wife in your mother's flat pending when you're buoyant enough to rent or build yours. However, I'd advise that you pay your mom some money (not necessarily the full rent).

It is not about your mom or her flat, its about the ills that come with free gifts.

Your mom is one of the few persons on earth that will give you a FREE accommodation with minimal troubles. If that offer were to be from a friend, I'd advise you to RUN! But hey, its your mom, accept it and offer her parts of the rent. She'd respect you and your wife even if she refuses to accept the cash.

5 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me by okirewaju(f): 10:33am On Jan 15, 2016
That's fine as long as your wife buy the idea but you should out of respect give her some money which i am sure she will not collect or better still go over to her place with your wife,and give her a bottle of wine while you both kneel and thank her.
Re: Please Advice Me by PresVA: 10:33am On Jan 15, 2016
I really don't understand your question? You ain't buoyant enough to rent an apartment and YOUR MUM offered to help and you're here asking us? undecided is your mum a stranger? Or is there something to it? You're living with her already so what difference does it make? It's even better now as you'll be living in separate flats..

Nothing wrong with living there till you make out something for yourself except your mum is overbearing or has some other attitudes you're afraid of... .

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me by bjcole(m): 10:58am On Jan 15, 2016
There is nothing absolutely wrong with this, mother in law causes problem when you allow it and the danger of both of you staying apart far outweighs this one. So go bring your wife and baby to Lagos and live happily as family but remember that house will not be permanent for, you must move out as soon as you have the means. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me by Dyt(f): 11:13am On Jan 15, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmm

Two ways to go about this
First ask your wife
If she agrees fine and if not, 2 ways about it
She should stay there or you let out the apartment to get another and doing this 2 things to happen, mum agrees or not, if not 2 things she would think, either she's a bad mother or she sends you out and this also 2 ways about it, accept her offer or leave and if you leave, no way about of than to start again.
Re: Please Advice Me by Onegai(f): 11:20am On Jan 15, 2016
Pay your mum some rent. It will keep your pride and that of your wife. Make sure you build your wife's confidence, start telling and behavingnto her like she is the first in your life, mum comes second. Or there will be issues if your mum decides that she wants to tell your wife some thing and your wife refuses to accept but wants to do her own thing. Your wife comes first, your marriage is new so it is crucial that you don't Dana it by putting your mother first. Remember you're a Husband, Father and a Son in that order now.

(1) (Reply)

My Brother Making Thing More Difficult For The Family / A Handful Of Us Are Guilty Of This / When Was The Last Time You Had Light In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.