Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever (1840 Views)

Benue Governor Ortom Working On His Farm / Don't Be Silent, Declare Fulani Herdsmen Terrorists Now – Benue Elders To Buhari / Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by ericuzor(m): 8:16am On Jan 15, 2016
Governor Samuel Ortom has appealed to the citizens of the state to suspend the consumption of rats in the state following the outbreak of lassa fever. Rats are a major delicacy in the state, lassa fever which is carried by rats, is now in Benue State. The governor made the appeal after a meeting with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa.

1 Share

Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by Chicagoesontop: 8:29am On Jan 15, 2016
ericuzor:
Governor Samuel Ortom has appealed to the citizens of the state to suspend the consumption of rats in the state following the outbreak of lassa fever. Rats are a major delicacy in the state, lassa fever which is carried by rats, is now in Benue State. The governor made the appeal after a meeting with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa.

grin grin grin This politicians sef, the governor wants to beg the people of his state to stop eating rats, he didn't do that in one of the stadiums in the Benue state where he is governing, rather he went to Aso Rock to make the appeal, that means that even the people in Aso Rock including him are all rat eaters !!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 15, 2016
Put source let me invite omenka to a Benue thread lolz

1 Like

Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 15, 2016
Put source let me invite omenka to a Benue thread lolz.

1 Like

Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by edo3(m): 8:34am On Jan 15, 2016
Dem go agree.
Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by playtheblues(f): 8:41am On Jan 15, 2016
Rats?

Gosh!
Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by Ugomba(m): 8:45am On Jan 15, 2016
Eating rats in this era? Some people are backward in this kwontri

2 Likes

Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 15, 2016
who still eat rats grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
this man is a clown! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by asha80(m): 8:51am On Jan 15, 2016
Ugomba:
Eating rats in this era? Some people are backward in this kwontri
ewi is still essentially a rat
Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by Izunwa(m): 8:58am On Jan 15, 2016
Pls move to front page so pple will be well informed embarassed . What of E-rats Do they have Lassa fever too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:23am On Jan 15, 2016
asha80:
ewi is still essentially a rat
Ewi being a rat is just like the lion belonging to the cat family.
Igbos don't eat rats Biko.
Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by illmatic101(m): 9:35am On Jan 15, 2016
Benue people to stop eating lat? My bloder e bri like sai the Govarano is wanting war. angry

Okay ooh!!
For all you rat eaters defending rat eaters, there's an old saying that goes like this, you don't give a dog a bad name in order to kill it, mine goes like this, you don't give a RAT a good name in order to eat it, e.g ewi ( gRAsscuTter), RAbbiT, guinea pig, hare, burugu ( mighty RAT ), maggi RAT, Bat (flying RAT), APC e-RAT, they're all rodents, in other words RAT na RAT
Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by asha80(m): 10:06am On Jan 15, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Ewi being a rat is just like the lion belonging to the cat family.
Igbos don't eat rats Biko.
it is still essentially a cat because it belongs to the cat family..cat like rat are more of generic names for a group of animals that have the same features whether big or small..those things we call rats have their own peculiar name which is different from those smaller or bigger...ewi is a rat albeit a giant one or haven't you heard lions,leopard and cheetahs refered to as African big cats?
Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by BaddieKay(f): 10:25am On Jan 15, 2016
:DLol, u won't see him anywhere around this kinda thread

PROVACATEUR:
Put source let me invite omenka to a Benue thread lolz
Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by omenka(m): 10:33am On Jan 15, 2016
BaddieKay:

Omenka keeps getting more fans daily. Gracias senorita.

What's your name please?

A lot of Tivs eat rats. Tasted it a couple of times when I was much younger, but don't anymore. Consumption in the state is almost exclusive to the Tiv tribe. So also consumption of butterfly larvae (cartapilars). Very nutritious stuffs.

Errm, so, what's the name?

Ignore Eco-whatever. Her infatuation, or do I say obsession, is irritating.
Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by BaddieKay(f): 10:52am On Jan 15, 2016
U do hv A lot of nice things to say about Rat/Butterfly eating cause its about ur state.My name is BaddieKay and am nt a fan tongue

omenka:
Omenka keeps getting more fans daily. Gracias senorita.

What's your name please?

A lot of Tivs eat rats. Tasted it a couple of times when I was much younger, but don't anymore. Consumption in the state is almost exclusive to the Tiv tribe. So also consumption of butterfly larvae (cartapilars). Very nutritious stuffs.

Errm, so, what's the name?

Ignore Eco-whatever. Her infatuation, or do I say obsession, is irritating.
Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by omenka(m): 10:57am On Jan 15, 2016
BaddieKay:
U do hv A lot of nice things to say about Rat/Butterfly eating cause its about ur state.My name is BaddieKay and am nt a fan tongue

What's there to condemn about a people's food Are you kidding me?? Are you that petty

Na wa oo.

Nice to meet you Baddiekay.

Have a lovely day ahead.
Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 15, 2016
BaddieKay:

don't take omenka serious because he is now creating division in Benue with his its only Tivs that eat rats. my question is when he ate rat as a kid was he a Tiv grin
BaddieKay:

don't take omenka serious because he is now creating division in Benue with his its only Tivs that eat rats. my question is when he ate rat as a kid was he a Tiv

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by NakedEve: 11:42am On Jan 15, 2016
Really?
Give them another source of livelihood.
Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by TechRev: 12:01pm On Jan 15, 2016
Chicagoesontop:

grin grin grin This politicians sef, the governor wants to beg the people of his state to stop eating rats, he didn't do that in one of the stadiums in the Benue state where he is governing, rather he went to Aso Rock to make the appeal, that means that even the people in Aso Rock including him are all rat eaters !!! grin grin grin

And he cares more about the lives of the rat eaters in Aso Rock.
Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:20pm On Jan 15, 2016
asha80:
it is still essentially a cat because it belongs to the cat family..cat like rat are more of generic names for a group of animals that have the same features whether big or small..those things we call rats have their own peculiar name which is different from those smaller or bigger...ewi is a rat albeit a giant one or haven't you heard lions,leopard and cheetahs refered to as African big cats?
like you don't know the rats they are talking about
Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by asha80(m): 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

like you don't know the rats they are talking about
in case you don't know the lassa fever causing rats is not your typical house rat
Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:36pm On Jan 15, 2016
asha80:
in case you don't know the lassa fever causing rats is not your typical house rat
we don't eat d ones that cause it too
Re: Stop Eating Rats For Now, Benue Governor Begs Citizens Becoz Of Lassa Fever by asha80(m): 12:43pm On Jan 15, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

we don't eat d ones that cause it too
never said we did...understand why I said what I said to the guy I quoted

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: ‘abducted’ Bayelsa Girl Speaks Out, Wants To Remain In Kano.photo / Fashola Inspects Shiroro Hydro-power Station In Niger State(photos) / EFCC & FEMI FANI-KAYODE: What's Going On Here? ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.