Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,135 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Are Delta Youths Cursed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Delta Youths Cursed (1355 Views)

President Buhari: Is The Presidential Villa Cursed? By Bernard Balogun / Buhari To Receive 18-seater Innoson Motors Bus Built By Niger Delta Youths / Niger Delta Youths To Shut Down NLNG Facilities Over Planned Lagos Shipyard. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Delta Youths Cursed by deandavid(m): 9:48am On Jan 15, 2016
when i see the comments of my fellow Deltans celebrating criminals, thuggery and impunity, i feel so ashamed, the truth remains that the average Deltan needs reorientation, they do not know the meaning of good governance, as a matter of fact they have not felt good governance, just come to Delta state and see how criminality is being celebrated, i will use my community as an example for glorifying criminality and the repercussions. my community, Ekpan in Uvwie L.G.A. have a known criminal is their leader, enthroned by the king of the kingdom, he was once a thug worked for the past pdp govt in the state, now he calls the shot in the community, he empowers the uneducated thugs by giving them sensitive positions i the community. Ekpan community is not just a small community, its the real oil city, it host the WRPC, PPMC, CHEVRON, NGC, NESTOIL and many other multinationals to name but a few. but the community is still in the dirt in terms of development, the main public secondary school there is a write off, the hospital there is like where pigs are kept.
you see we have a big problem in Delta state, only God can deliver us, look at the so called enlighten ones on nairaland celebrating criminality, its the general mentality here in delta state, warri especially, because Ibori tarred some roads, build some structures, and they see him as someone that has done so much, and majority of these guys have never crossed out of the state. when i compare the revenues of delta and cross river state and the level of development there, i just weep every day. Warri is like a huge dump site, thugs harassing citizens collecting money from them and nobody is saying anything.
all these things i have seen and resolved in my heart to attain power by going into politics, there is a saying that evil thrives because the good ones refuse to do anything about it. i just pray God see me through.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by checkolatunji: 9:57am On Jan 15, 2016
Don't blame them, that is what are leaders have turned them to. They don't want them to go school so as they will not know their right not to talk of ask for it.

They only give them money so that they can use them for their own gain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by deandavid(m): 9:59am On Jan 15, 2016
checkolatunji:
Don't blame them, that is what are leaders have turned them to. They don't want them to go school so as they will not know their right not to talk of ask for it.

They only give them money so that they can use them for their own gain
but how long can this continue, we cant just continue like this. things have to change at some point u know.
Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by divinehand2003(m): 10:11am On Jan 15, 2016
Dear OP
I totally agree with you on this. Delta state is under the chains and oppressions of bad government, corrupt politicians, Niger delta militancy, thuggery, etc. It's a State that needs great deliverance from the shackles of Satan the devil.

4 Likes

Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by Jlow2: 10:45am On Jan 15, 2016
deandavid:
when i see the comments of my fellow Deltans celebrating criminals, thuggery and impunity, i feel so ashamed, the truth remains that the average Deltan needs reorientation, they do not know the meaning of good governance, as a matter of fact they have not felt good governance, just come to Delta state and see how criminality is being celebrated, i will use my community as an example for glorifying criminality and the repercussions. my community, Ekpan in Uvwie L.G.A. have a known criminal is their leader, enthroned by the king of the kingdom, he was once a thug worked for the past pdp govt in the state, now he calls the shot in the community, he empowers the uneducated thugs by giving them sensitive positions i the community. Ekpan community is not just a small community, its the real oil city, it host the WRPC, PPMC, CHEVRON, NGC, NESTOIL and many other multinationals to name but a few. but the community is still in the dirt in terms of development, the main public secondary school there is a write off, the hospital there is like where pigs are kept.
you see we have a big problem in Delta state, only God can deliver us, look at the so called enlighten ones on nairaland celebrating criminality, its the general mentality here in delta state, warri especially, because Ibori tarred some roads, build some structures, and they see him as someone that has done so much, and majority of these guys have never crossed out of the state. when i compare the revenues of delta and cross river state and the level of development there, i just weep every day. Warri is like a huge dump site, thugs harassing citizens collecting money from them and nobody is saying anything.
all these things i have seen and resolved in my heart to attain power by going into politics, there is a saying that evil thrives because the good ones refuse to do anything about it. i just pray God see me through.
gud one bro, these why wike is celebrated in rivers because he encourages thuggery n cultism,ameachi might be a cultist in d past, but he made sure non of this social vices prevailed in his administration cos its killin our youths and a menace to the society
Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by Slikbae: 10:45am On Jan 15, 2016
I'm Urhobo but I've only visited delta state 3 times and the last time I visited was 2006. When I went, four boys attacked my cousins, and my sister and I just because we didnt speak to them when they were talking to us while we walked down the road. They gave my cousin a big injury on her leg. My dad got upset and the next day, he warned the elders around to fish out the four boys. They fished them out that same day and dealt with them.

I've never been to Warri tho but from what I hear, warri isn't a place to be.
deandavid:

but how long can this continue, we cant just continue like this. things have to change at some point u know.

1 Like

Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by Slikbae: 10:50am On Jan 15, 2016
is uvwie mostly inhabited by urhobos or itsekiris?
Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by ckmayoca: 11:02am On Jan 15, 2016
My brother no be delta state alone, na all over Nigeria but it's seems very common and rampant in SS states. Govt relying on Thugs for achievments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by Folksyharry(m): 11:07am On Jan 15, 2016
Delta youths need reorientation. They've become so lazy and many of them see thuggery as a way of life. When I get the opportunity to speak to the ones that'll listen I ensure I tell them how backward we are. We don't hold our leaders accountable and when there is time to vote the youths are easily bought by "chicken change" given to them by those evil politicians. I dey vex seriously so make I nor rant too much so that I fit cool down.
Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:09am On Jan 15, 2016
Thuggery will continue to haunt all of us from the Niger Delta except we join hands to put corrupt leaders and their footsoldiers where they belong.

How can known thugs be calling the shot in communities of Delta, Rivers, Edo and Bayelsa states?

2 Likes

Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 15, 2016
deandavid:

Your write up thrills me and the reason is that you have been able to go beyond justifying criminality just because it originates from where you are from. A big lesson to the rest of us here, yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Fulani, efik, Ibibio, antap, itsekiri, urhobo etc who defend issues basically from an ethnic/regional point of view.
I like to relate with your kind.

1 Like

Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by Tycoflu(m): 11:48am On Jan 15, 2016
Judging based on my experience since I moved to Uyo, Akwa Ibom seems to be quite different from others because I have stayed in Delta before. For me, violence is the root of all these problems, if it's addressed, other things will fall into place but the greed of some politicians and government officials are not helping matters

2 Likes

Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by deandavid(m): 12:25pm On Jan 15, 2016
Slikbae:
I'm Urhobo but I've only visited delta state 3 times and the last time I visited was 2006. When I went, four boys attacked my cousins, and my sister and I just because we didnt speak to them when they were talking to us while we walked down the road. They gave my cousin a big injury on her leg. My dad got upset and the next day, he warned the elders around to fish out the four boys. They fished them out that same day and dealt with them.

I've never been to Warri tho but from what I hear, warri isn't a place to be.
Warri is lost, we are in a big mess here, youths and thugs everywhere... u want to tar a street, thugs from the same street, who use the road will come and make trouble with u for trying to tar the street. i just wish i can smomatch running away from my community, but i just cant.something need to be done.
Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by deandavid(m): 12:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Thuggery will continue to haunt all of us from the Niger Delta except we join hands to put corrupt leaders and their footsoldiers where they belong.

How can known thugs be calling the shot in communities of Delta, Rivers, Edo and Bayelsa states?
after analyzing the whole problems, the best easiest way out is for the good guys to join in taking up leadership positions in the state and region as a whole. we are just too backward.
Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by deandavid(m): 12:32pm On Jan 15, 2016
cosmo84:

Your write up thrills me and the reason is that you have been able to go beyond justifying criminality just because it originates from where you are from. A big lesson to the rest of us here, yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Fulani, efik, Ibibio, antap, itsekiri, urhobo etc who defend issues basically from an ethnic/regional point of view.
I like to relate with your kind.
smiley
Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by Slikbae: 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2016
I understand you. If you feel you can't take it anymore, then you consider relocating. Yes, I remember when Gsm first came out, I was told that those boys asked for MTN to give them phones before installing their masts. Can you just imagine? Your idea of going into politics is fine and I wish you success. But remember to fufill all your obligations when you get to the top.
deandavid:

Warri is lost, we are in a big mess here, youths and thugs everywhere... u want to tar a street, thugs from the same street, who use the road will come and make trouble with u for trying to tar the street. i just wish i can smomatch running away from my community, but i just cant.something need to be done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by deandavid(m): 12:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
Slikbae:
I understand you. If you feel you can't take it anymore, then you consider relocating. Yes, I remember when Gsm first came out, I was told that those boys asked for MTN to give them phones before installing their masts. Can you just imagine? Your idea of going into politics is fine and I wish you success. But remember to fufill all your obligations when you get to the top.
yea, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a step. somebody once said The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. even if i am unable to do much, at least i tried, my children will say i tried and i wasnt comfortable or ran away from the problem.

1 Like

Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by obailala(m): 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
divinehand2003:
Dear OP
I totally agree with you on this. Delta state is under the chains and oppressions of bad government, corrupt politicians, Niger delta militancy, thuggery, etc. It's a State that needs great deliverance from the shackles of Satan the devil.
In addition to the chains and oppressions of bad government, corrupt politicians, Niger delta militancy, thuggery, etc., the biggest deliverance which Delta state needs is a re-orientation of the minds of the youths; that in my opinion is the biggest problem in Delta state.

Some time last year on Ibori's birthday, there were several newspaper centre-spread publications wishing Ibori a happy birthday. These adverts which cost millions per page were sponsored by notable personalities in the state, people who are still referred to as leaders. Now you may think it was just dubious politicians involved in this, but within the same period, a friend of mine put up a very lengthy Facebook status 'extolling the virtues' of Ibori as the greatest leader and his role model; this dude had absolutely no links with Ibori, had no links with politics and had nothing he gained or hoped to gain from Ibori, but somehow he just admired the fact that the man was a crafty thief. This is unfortunately the mindset and mentality of most Delta state and even Niger-delta youths. A serious re-orientation is needed and if the minds of the youths are reformed, then the good-for-nothing shameless characters we have today will no longer be able to get onto power.

@deandavid
You are absolutely on point with your worries, it's a really disturbing situation that Delta which is one of the richest states in Nigeria with some of the smartest scholars happens to be one of the worst in terms of development due to useless leaders. Good luck in your quest to join politics.

2 Likes

Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by warripekin(m): 1:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
And in Ur small mind, u think delta youths are caused? As much as youths in delta have not leaved up to expectations, and few are being used by politicians, coming out here to lay a broad accusations on all delta youths is unwelcome. Have u been to other states before,especially Lagos, those young men who collect shandies at the bus stops, who are they? And what are their political pedigree. What of nurtw in the south west? As for James ibori, u may not like him, but he remains the Godfather of delta politics and pls he is not more corrupt than ,tinubu, amaechi, buhari etc Na who dey open im nyash we see. And yes ibori tried his best in his 8 years. He not only tarred roads, their was massive employments and thousands of scholarships abroad under him. He balanced d politics of delta state, settled d warri crisis ensuring that peace reigns in warri till these day. In fact, if not for his political sagacity, warri south West LGA would have remained in ogidigben where it rightly belongs and not ogbeijaw and the position of chairmanship would not have been on rotational basis as it were because we the itsekiris with more wards will always produce the LGA chairman but for peace courtesy of ibori, we compromised. Ibori is a bridge builder per excellence. U want to be a politician and u are already failing. Yes, we have youths especially in uvwie who are misguided but its not like before in the days of friday ani them or newton who don cold like ice water. Ibori even help solve the delveeh problem. Pls stop generallizing
Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by deandavid(m): 1:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
warripekin:
And in Ur small mind, u think delta youths are caused? As much as youths in delta have not leaved up to expectations, and few are being used by politicians, coming out here to lay a broad accusations on all delta youths is unwelcome. Have u been to other states before,especially Lagos, those young men who collect shandies at the bus stops, who are they? And what are their political pedigree. What of nurtw in the south west? As for James ibori, u may not like him, but he remains the Godfather of delta politics and pls he is not more corrupt than ,tinubu, amaechi, buhari etc Na who dey open im nyash we see. And yes ibori tried his best in his 8 years. He not only tarred roads, their was massive employments and thousands of scholarships abroad under him. He balanced d politics of delta state, settled d warri crisis ensuring that peace reigns in warri till these day. In fact, if not for his political sagacity, warri south West LGA would have remained in ogidigben where it rightly belongs and not ogbeijaw and the position of chairmanship would not have been on rotational basis as it were because we the itsekiris with more wards will always produce the LGA chairman but for peace courtesy of ibori, we compromised. Ibori is a bridge builder per excellence. U want to be a politician and u are already failing. Yes, we have youths especially in uvwie who are misguided but its not like before in the days of friday ani them or newton who don cold like ice water. Ibori even help solve the delveeh problem. Pls stop generallizing
its just a question, if our youths are cursed, but you are a typical example of what is making shed tears for our youth.. ibori might not be as corrupt as tinubu and those people u mentioned, but no doubt he his a thief, a common thief and because he committed his crime in a country where their laws work, thats why he has been convicted, if our past govt aint corrupt and lovers of impunity, these persons accuse of corruption would have been tried and if found guilty would have been jailed too, but what do we have? same class of leaders, the gejs, uduaghans, okowas, and even you, who glorify corrupt people. whether lagos people hold their people to account or not or allow those touts collect illegal money from people, its their business, if am in lagos i will complain, if its a against the law. we need reorientation for our youth. my question to u is have u ever visited cross river state or akwa ibom? when you get there u will curse ibori, the money ibori received was thrice the amount donald duke got and he was able to transform his state with little revenue. here u are saying ibori created employment. referring to people like newton and friday ani as people, Newton is the leader of my community, and i say they are CORRUPT THIEVES and incompetent leaders like Ibori. saying this here is even a risk to my life, but i must speak, its better i speak and die, because i will still die. for this your commit up there, its really a fact, Delta youths need serious orientations and prayer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

When you talk about corrupt leaders,I hope you put your present governor in bold italics and underline.

https://www.nairaland.com/2866198/under-military-siege-rivers-state#41990709
Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
When I used to work in Kwale. One of the community workers told me : God don sign am say na street we go take make am.
Such is the mentality of most male youths there. This is primarily down to their elders brainwashing them that the are being cheated,the resources belong to them and they must be compensated for every single thing

1 Like

Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by LordAdam: 2:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
deandavid:

I was going to skip this thread, but it appears well-meaning elites on this forum from the region are leaving remarks, and I believe I should follow suit.

I made a similar rant here. It is good to know that more concerned indigenes are getting tired of the situation.

The problem however is that we are a tiny minority.

The monarchs are effed up, the community leaders (youth, elders) r effed up, those with considerable influence don't mind because small millions dey knack their account every month, the youths no send (dem dey look Ateke, Tompolo, Boyloaf, Ayiri, dey feel say d country dey reward thuggery), even the ordinary people dey follow the "suffer and smile" code. All of it turns my stomach.

Tell me how do you effect change when 99% of the populace are either involved or do not mind? I'm sad that by the time they would realize, we would have nothing going on for us (oil fit don finish or no too get value again).

So yes, the youths are cursed, the elders are, the land is.

In any case, na dem know. I will welcome any well meaning solution tho'.

-Lord

cc fratermathy

PS: Abeg frater when u show invite all d oshare n omote dem, diz 1 na crios issue.

1 Like

Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by deandavid(m): 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2016
LordAdam:

I was going to skip this thread, but it appears well-meaning elites on this forum from the region are leaving remarks, and I believe I should follow suit.

I made a similar rant here. It is good to know that more concerned indigenes are getting tired of the situation.

The problem however is that we are a tiny minority.

The monarchs are effed up, the community leaders (youth, elders) r effed up, those with considerable influence don't mind because small millions dey knack their account every month, the youths no send (dem dey look Ateke, Tompolo, Boyloaf, Ayiri, dey feel say d country dey reward thuggery), even the ordinary people dey follow the "suffer and smile" code. All of it turns my stomach.

Tell me how do you effect change when 99% of the populace are either involved or do not mind? I'm sad that by the time they would realize, we would have nothing going on for us (oil fit don finish or no too get value again).

So yes, the youths are cursed, the elders are, the land is.

In any case, na dem know. I will welcome any well meaning solution tho'.

-Lord

cc fratermathy

PS: Abeg frater when u show invite all d oshare n omote dem, diz 1 na crios issue.
osharena 99% high o, shuuuu, naim be say, we die well o. but the thing be say, if we continue to dey talk about here and outside here, people go begin hear the matter, and God sef go put hand for the matter, because if we just quite like say all is well, e go red for we and our children o.

1 Like

Re: Are Delta Youths Cursed by MrAnalyst: 3:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
ckmayoca:
My brother no be delta state alone, na all over Nigeria but it's seems very common and rampant in SS states. Govt relying on Thugs for achievments.

Very true.

(1) (Reply)

Read What Nigerian Army Did To 250 Men For Missing Parade / PHOTO: Why Are People So Mad In This Country? / Kano Bye Election: PDP Candidate Withdraw From Contesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.