Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,391 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 (28248 Views)

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 / CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Tunisia (1 - 1) On 22nd January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Niger : friendly Match (2 - 0 ) On 8th September 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by dabossman(m): 7:14pm On Jan 18, 2016
Arsenate:
"The only reason why Nigeria is this because they age cheats"..
Haters anthem grin grin

Lol. They will soon gather, even though it's not an age grade tournament.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by adioolayi(m): 7:16pm On Jan 18, 2016
Who be the mods here sef

Seun lalasticlala mukina2 the scoreline is not reflecting at the front page ...do something about this please... SuperEagles na our own ..thanks grin

2 Likes

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2016
Nice game from the boys. The second half changes changed the game. Never knew Adeniji was that bulky (Yakubu-like). He had poor movements but Chisom changed the game with his further-than wingers game play that freed up Aggreh and Okoro a lot. Having watched Aggreh in the super 4, I knew he was a good player. That shows that the people you play with sometimes can make you look bad... I think Ibenegbu has lost his shirt in this team for good. Too much beach soccer has affected his game. Usman Mohd even helped make the attackers look very fluid. This Niger team did not sit back (Thank God).
But it gets tougher now with Tunisia waiting next. But, they should be relaxed now knowing that 2 draws would take them through whatever happens.
Nice game!!!

3 Likes

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by Empredboy(m): 7:21pm On Jan 18, 2016
Smooyis:

Shebi den say oliseh no be good coach. People with bad mouth sha
see don't judge Oliseh with this team cos if u are a follower of Nigeria league and you were asked to coach the homebase team against Niger you won't need tactics to beat them cos we have the guys on ground who can do the job.
Secondly an average follower of the league will tell you that Adeniji is not in the top 5 among the Strikers in the league so changing him for chikatara was long overdue and bathelomew Ibenegbu has never been a 90 mins players. So what is the change there?

1 Like

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:23pm On Jan 18, 2016
banky1985:
Nice game from the boys. The second half changes changed the game. Never knew Adeniji was that bulky (Yakubu-like). He had poor movements but Chisom changed the game with his further-than wingers game play that freed up Aggreh and Okoro a lot. Having watched Aggreh in the super 4, I knew he was a good player. That shows that the people you play with sometimes can make you look bad... I think Ibenegbu has lost his shirt in this team for good. Too much beach soccer has affected his game. Usman Mohd even helped make the attackers look very fluid. This Niger team did not sit back (Thank God).
But it gets tougher now with Tunisia waiting next. But, they should be relaxed now knowing that 2 draws would take them through whatever happens.
Nice game!!!

I think we should push for a good game against Tunisia. Our midfield is class, especially Onobi and Matthew. If we want to won this tournament, we should push for excellent form. Beating the Tunisians will give our lads confidence a big boost.

I say our boys and the Boss Oliseh led Coaching crew should push for a win against the Tunisians.
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by safarigirl(f): 7:26pm On Jan 18, 2016
Dem Don give am ball o...before una use mouth finish CAF

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:28pm On Jan 18, 2016
Empredboy:
see don't judge Oliseh with this team cos if u are a follower of Nigeria league and you were asked to coach the homebase team against Niger you won't need tactics to beat them cos we have the guys on ground who can do the job.
Secondly an average follower of the league will tell you that Adeniji is not in the top 5 among the Strikers in the league so changing him for chikatara was long overdue and bathelomew Ibenegbu has never been a 90 mins players. So what is the change there?

Coach Oliseh and his crew did more than that. First of all, the pattern of play brought out the right combination plays from the defence to the midfield.

In the first half, we had a lot of offsides because of the high line the Niger defence played.

Coach Oliseh changed the play and made the wingers and attacker drop deeper to play with the midfield. More of from a 4-2-3-1 formation to a 4-5-1 formation. That reduced the offsides to one.

With Chikatara upfront, we now had pace and we did not rely on Adeniji to stay upfront to get the ball to score. Chikatara could play deeper and use his pace to reach the ball when the passes came.

It takes more than selection to bring the best in the team. BOSS Oliseh and his crew did well. Remember, Niger did not play badly.

2 Likes

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by Empredboy(m): 7:30pm On Jan 18, 2016
DrinkWater10:

Enyimba doesnt really need his services because we still have Mfon Udoh.
Mfon Udoh has been been the better player of the two in recent times barring his injury laden last season with us he only needs to rediscover his form on the once again!
y I want him in enyimba is not because of mfoh but cos of Musa najere and onyekachi who were not good enough to be an enyimba player. Imagine last season immediately mfoh and obiozor had their injuries till almost end of the season our attackers led by onyekachi went on goal drought leaving our midfielders and even defenders scoring. I be we need chikatara

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by Oyimzy(m): 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2016
I guess Chikatara might no have made it if Salami was there.. This Life sha....
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by Empredboy(m): 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Coach Oliseh and his crew did more than that. First of all, the pattern of play brought out the right combination plays from the defence to the midfield.

In the first half, we had a lot of offsides because of the high line the Niger defence played.

Coach Oliseh changed the play and made the wingers and attacker drop deeper to play with the midfield. More of from a 4-2-3-1 formation to a 4-5-1 formation. That reduced the offsides to one.

With Chikatara upfront, we now had pace and we did not rely on Adeniji to stay upfront to get the ball to score. Chikatara could play deeper and use his pace to reach the ball when the passes came.

It takes more than selection to bring the best in the team. BOSS Oliseh and his crew did well. Remember, Niger did not play badly.
bros if u watch the Nigeria league u will know that Adeniji didn't deserve to be in the team. What I meant about tactics was the these guys were used in the position where they play for there clubs and that was why the game flowed except Adeniji who has always been slow even in sunshine where he plays.
See you have not seen a perfect midfield, if oliseh use the trio of Onobi, Matthew and Bature then u will know that the team needs just a pet talk
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by Empredboy(m): 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2016
groundnutoil:
how old is he
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by groundnutoil(m): 7:44pm On Jan 18, 2016
Empredboy:
y I want him in enyimba is not because of mfoh but cos of Musa najere and onyekachi who were not good enough to be an enyimba player. Imagine last season immediately mfoh and obiozor had their injuries till almost end of the season our attackers led by onyekachi went on goal drought leaving our midfielders and even defenders scoring. I be we need chikatara
gud evening broda am a staunch enyimba fan check ma posts hapi to meet u.though nt from abia bt was born and bred dia so been following dm eva since rarely mis home games.let see chisom in subsequent games and hope ezekiel bassey plays next match
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by Empredboy(m): 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2016
groundnutoil:
gud evening broda am a staunch enyimba fan check ma posts hapi to meet u.though nt from abia bt was born and bred dia so been following dm eva since rarely mis home games.let see chisom in subsequent games and hope ezekiel bassey plays next match
bro with the form Okoro displayed today I don't see ezekiel bassey playing or benching Aggreh no way. Yes bassey is a good player but prone to school boy error all in the name of style.
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by DrinkWater10: 7:55pm On Jan 18, 2016
Empredboy:
Yeah you have a point there.
if you check the scorers chart on our website ,you ll notice that christian obiozor still is at the top considering the fact that he didn't start the season with us nd didn't play more than 20 games.
Musa Najare could be pardoned because he was a mid season buy but onyekachi peter ,it must be said didnt leave up to expectations.
Coincidemtally Peter Onyekachi was also bought from Abia Warriors.
What happens if Foreign clubs come for Chikatara ?
Who else Would you like us to get ?
Ndifreke, Namso Edo,Esosa Igbinobia?
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2016
Empredboy:
bros if u watch the Nigeria league u will know that Adeniji didn't deserve to be in the team. What I meant about tactics was the these guys were used in the position where they play for there clubs and that was why the game flowed except Adeniji who has always been slow even in sunshine where he plays.
See you have not seen a perfect midfield, if oliseh use the trio of Onobi, Matthew and Bature then u will know that the team needgs just a pet talk

He made the right selection, which shows he is keeping tabs on the local players. He spent time to get them to make them gel.

It takes more than team selection to make the team play well. That is why teams train before the game. We have seen teams who have played together for years, collapse under a new management, despite playing the same positions and formation.
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by Empredboy(m): 8:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
DrinkWater10:

Yeah you have a point there.
if you check the scorers chart on our website ,you ll notice that christian obiozor still is at the top considering the fax that he didn't start the season with us nd didnt play more than 20 games.
Musa Najare could be pardoned because he was a mid season buy but onyekachi peter ,it must be said didnt leave up to expectations.
Coincidemtally Peter Onyekachi was also bought from Abia Warriors.
What happens if Foreign clubs come for Chikatara ?
Who else Would you like us to get ?
Ndifreke, Namso Edo,Esosa Igbinobia?
igbinobia is a Nasarawa player and u know they are also playing on the continent, also edo is a wing back from akwa and a continental player too. To me hammed Kone the bukina babe too didn't live up to expectation but enyimba should buy striker from the chan tournament cos I don't see a good striker in Nigeria league apart from the ones in Aba
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by DrinkWater10: 8:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

He made the right selection, which shows he is keeping tabs on the local players. He spent time to get them to make them gel.

It takes more than team selection to make the team play well. That is why teams train before the game. We have seen teams who have played together for years, collapse under a new management, despite playing the same positions and formation.
Salisu Yusuf is the real brain behind that team .....
Oliseh still deserves commendation though...
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by optional1(f): 8:16pm On Jan 18, 2016
Empredboy:
no he is an Abia man
ah no ahsk u wer e commot frm
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by groundnutoil(m): 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2016
Empredboy:
bro with the form Okoro displayed today I don't see ezekiel bassey playing or benching Aggreh no way. Yes bassey is a good player but prone to school boy error all in the name of style.
same 4 prince agreh
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by groundnutoil(m): 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2016
Empredboy:
same 4 aggreh final ball sense was lacking
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by Empredboy(m): 8:21pm On Jan 18, 2016
optional1:
ah no ahsk u wer e commot frm
He plays for Abia Warriors
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by shizzy7(f): 8:44pm On Jan 18, 2016
klexycole:
Boss I Salute You Sir!It's Being A While.
Hope You Enjoyed Your Festive Period? cheesy
Looking Forward To Seeing A Great Display By Our Boys Today.

Meanwhile,Shizzy Don Run Commot Sport Section. embarassed
grin grin grin ......... I was not interested in the match because of their latest ranking. They are not even in the top 10 in Africa but they tried today. I watched the match for 5mins and the commentators were speaking their language don't they understand English? ..

I guess we now have 3 points.....
How is optional and your shildren?
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by klexycole(m): 8:51pm On Jan 18, 2016
shizzy7:
grin grin grin ......... I was not interested in the match because of their latest ranking. They are not even in the top 10 in Africa but they tried today. I watched the match for 5mins and the commentators were speaking their language don't they understand English? ..

I guess we now have 3 points.....
How is optional and your shildren?
Mehn!Man Up!You Don't Have To Quit Your Support For The Team.Let's Keep Supporting Them,Together We Shall Get There.cool

gringringrin
My Lovely Optional Is Fine Ooo cheesy
Children Kwa? undecided

How Have You Being?
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by shizzy7(f): 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2016
klexycole:
Mehn!Man Up!You Don't Have To Quit Your Support For The Team.Let's Keep Supporting Them,Together We Shall Get There.cool

gringringrin
My Lovely Optional Is Fine Ooo cheesy
Children Kwa? undecided

How Have You Being?

Even if they become the worst team in Africa, I won't support any other country and I won't support eagles. The team is very unstable and they just keep going down. Until they come up again, I don't know them.....
When will the wedding bells ring? my friend no dey do baby mama oooo because I go kill you ni...
I've been good.
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by klexycole(m): 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2016
shizzy7:
Even if they become the worst team in Africa, I won't support any other country and I won't support eagles. The team is very unstable and they just keep going down. Until they come up again, I don't know them.....
When will the wedding bells ring? my friend no dey do baby mama oooo because I go kill you ni...
I've been good.
Well,Its Your Decision.I Pray They Rise Up Again.

Wedding Bells??grin ....Very Soon.
Baby Mama Kee?grin No Ooo!
She's The Main Chick,Not A Side Chick As Its Being Called.

BTW,You Wey No Fit Kill Chicken... grinundecided
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by maum: 10:19pm On Jan 18, 2016
banky1985:
This players (Nigeria and Niger) no train Ni? This is a 0-0 game. None of them can score today, even if CAF asked both sides to play for 3 halves of 45 mins. No chances created, poor decision making. Only Matthew is giving the best passing ranges. If these our best players in the league, then our Academies have better players as the under 17s and 20s play a better football than these old papas.... SMH

undecided
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by shogz89: 10:26pm On Jan 18, 2016
Arsenate:
"The only reason why Nigeria is this good is because they age cheats"..
Haters anthem grin grin
they cant say that here cos its not an age grade competition
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by TheCongo2: 3:53am On Jan 19, 2016
jnrbayano:
Not enthusiastic about this CHAN match.

And why is that?
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by jnrbayano(m): 5:36am On Jan 19, 2016
TheCongo2:

And why is that?

Many talents are overlooked on the selections. I have answered this question before.
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by Empredboy(m): 7:10am On Jan 19, 2016
jnrbayano:

Many talents are overlooked on the selections. I have answered this question before.
Who are the players overlooked?
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by seunakin231(m): 7:17am On Jan 19, 2016
Great game, I fink he got some senses into them durin the half time period...
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 by fujirice: 11:40am On Jan 19, 2016
Forget the second half goals. The first half was more nervy. I liked the way the team played, with zeal and passion, I hope they maintain or even supersede the tempo. Adeniji needs to step up his game. Throughout the first half I think the commentators only mentioned his name a few times, that's to show you how much impact he made in the game but when Chikatara came on, his name never left the mouth of the commentators until the final whistle, that's how much he contributed. Barring injuries and if they maintain their form, Aggreh and Okoro will not loose their place to any other(my 2 cents). That our tall central central defender Eze, two thumbs up for him. In all I rate the team 8

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soboye Shehuin Dies In Road Accident One Week To Wedding / Beauty Siasia: "My Kidnappers Prayed A Lot. They Serve God And Juju" / Aguero's Father Blasts Pep Guardiola For Treatment Of Man City Legend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.