Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

How To Get A Record Label: Advice To Upcoming Artistes-by Kylez - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How To Get A Record Label: Advice To Upcoming Artistes-by Kylez (656 Views)

8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment / Nairaland Artiste, Kylez, Dazzles In New Photoshoot! (PICS) / Nairaland Artiste, Kylez, Releases New Single With YBNL Producer Pheelz! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get A Record Label: Advice To Upcoming Artistes-by Kylez by Kylez(m): 2:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
Hello everyone, quite a number of you know me from when I released my single on NL after getting signed (to Mizzle Ent.).

I received dozens of mails from NLders to help them with a label or feature, and that prompted me to write this.

Getting a Label ain't easy but follow these steps and I hope you will all have good news to tell.

1. Make Good Music: know you niche, work on it and if it isn't the current 'wave', make people love it.

2. Be Connected: you don't need to know don jazzy, all you need is a network of friends who will help you push out your music, as they push you music, your network increases, like Kheengz and ClassiQ once said ,"them say my friend na their friend,so we all abo.kis (friends) .

3. Be Informed: always keep your ears on the ground for info, know when gigs and shows are coming up.

4. Work For Free: yes! When I started music, my network of friends got me to shows and I always perform free, this gets your name out there, now, if you know how much I'm paid to perform... wink .

5. No Publicity is Bad Publicity: if you can't get a manager ,promote yourself, sell yourself, and let your network of friends and acquaintances sell you. A friend of mine back then was my manager,he was good getting shows and publicising me...and three other artistes who are doing well now.

6. Get Online: now you're doing quite well, get online and make people know you, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Nairaland can help alot.
You can even post clips of you singing covers on YouTube ,Alot of artistes were discovered this way.

If you keep following the above steps, soon you should be landing yourself a record deal. Be weary of contracts though, that Is a topic for another day

#Kylez

Anticipate my Brand New Single, BUGA! Dedicated to all Naija ladies. cheesy

Cc: AndyBlaze , Twaci , Freemanan, Mynd44 , ishilove.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get A Record Label: Advice To Upcoming Artistes-by Kylez by dreydee(m): 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2016
Airforce1 grin

Lalasticlala
Re: How To Get A Record Label: Advice To Upcoming Artistes-by Kylez by opeyemiieblog(m): 3:05pm On Jan 15, 2016
nice thread.... dis will really go along way

visit my blog www.praiseblog.com for more exclusive news
Re: How To Get A Record Label: Advice To Upcoming Artistes-by Kylez by busky101(m): 10:41pm On Jan 15, 2016
is the buga for BUGAtti
Re: How To Get A Record Label: Advice To Upcoming Artistes-by Kylez by cruzita(f): 10:47pm On Jan 15, 2016
thank you this will really help me
Re: How To Get A Record Label: Advice To Upcoming Artistes-by Kylez by CrazyScientist: 11:08pm On Jan 15, 2016
Lalasticlala This is helpful.. .
Re: How To Get A Record Label: Advice To Upcoming Artistes-by Kylez by NaijaSingleBoy(m): 11:10pm On Jan 15, 2016
Nice tips, and I love your video.

Where are lalasticlala and obinoscopy

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? / 7 Years Of Marriage | Ronke Oshodi Oke Shares Epic Throwback Photos / Toke Makinwa – “i’m Still Single And Searching”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.