Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. (2597 Views)

EFCC Arrests Dada Olatunji, Ex-Fire Service Boss Over Employment Scam / Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by walata44(m): 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2009
http://www.channelstv.com/video1.html

What a country? Commercial capital of Nigeria with this type of fire service? And Yaradua is talking about 7 point agenda, I am so sad.
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by walata44(m): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2009
How can investor put their money into a country with this type of infrastructure? A country with the security of life and properties are not safe and someone is telling Nigerians about rebranding.
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by REALTRUTH1: 1:10pm On Jun 21, 2009
walata44:

What a country? Commercial capital of Nigeria with this type of fire service? And Yaradua is talking about 7 point agenda, I am so sad.
My guy so sad is even a mild word to use,,,I almost shed tears wacthing this video,,,it is a typical case of the Nigerian state,,a state or a country gradually moving into a commatose situation,,,,Can you imagine the telephone and type writing machine been used by the fire fighters? These were stuffs used last in 1930's or 1940's,,,
Can you imagine the site of the relaxation??that is quite distressing and depressing!!
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by MrCrackles(m): 1:31pm On Jun 21, 2009
Nigeria is bleeped! cry cry cry cry cry cry embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by redsun(m): 2:22pm On Jun 21, 2009
Nigeria is crazy.It is really a miracle loads of people don't die everyday
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by DisGuy: 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2009
redsun:

Nigeria is crazy.It is really a miracles loads of people don't die everyday

actually they do! just the population masking it plus apathy after saying RIP we move on!

no wonder those guys are sitting outside on the bench, even their office is a death trap look at all the wires roaming about!!

I don't understand why some are protesting about ceding the service to the state govt though, are they in anyway impling
only yoruba people/Lagos state indigines would be employed? Surely lagos state has access to more resources to make it function like
a proper fire service better numeration, better management better training and equipment-
[sub]that's if governor doesn't privatise them and move spread them into lekki, ajah, ikeja only.
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by walata44(m): 3:11pm On Jun 21, 2009
I think we don't value life in Nigeria if we do, Fire service is a critical part of saving and preserving life. Fire service duty go beyond putting out fire, they are responsible for rescue of life if there is any accident on the road or at home.
One wonders, how we can still be living like these in the 21st century?
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by strangleyo: 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2009
Well this is typical.

Federal = inefficient.

The Lagos state government has seen the in-efficiency and is trying to get the fire services handed over to the state so they can deal with the problem.

The self interests spring up again, the thieving gays know they will loose easy loot money.
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by deor03(m): 9:09pm On Jun 21, 2009
I better order for 4 cylinders of fire extinguisher
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by FBS: 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2009
Nigeria is a failed state.
Do we have a government at all?
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by KnowAll(m): 10:33pm On Jun 21, 2009
How can a central or federal goverment be putting out fire in down town agege in lagos state, ikot ekpene in akwa ibom state, or wukari in adamawa state. It can never work, in the first place those fire service should be under LG control that is how it is done all over the world not even state should control fire service talkless of the federal goverment.
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by strangleyo: 3:19am On Jun 22, 2009
KnowAll:

How can a central or federal goverment be putting out fire in down town agege in lagos state, ikot ekpene in akwa ibom state, or wukari in adamawa state. It can never work, in the first place those fire service should be under LG control that is how it is done all over the world not even state should control fire service talkless of the federal goverment.

In fact they should be under municipal control.
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by bawomolo(m): 3:51am On Jun 22, 2009
lol@the headquarters looking just the way the british left it.
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by Kobojunkie: 4:26am On Jun 22, 2009
I think the biggest stunner was the state of the communication rooms. ROFLMAO!!!!

Nigeria ooo!!!! Nigeria is developing big time !!! ROFLMAO!!!! See how the building looked decent on the outside but like hell on the inside!!! I wonder how many other similar structures we have in nIgeria. I mean we are offered pictures of nice looking structures, but Lord knows if they even hold anything real on the inside. ROFLMAO!!
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by vigasimple(m): 4:42am On Jun 22, 2009
I have said it times without number that our servant leader president Mr. YAR A'LIAR is just deceiving himself.

When you have a situation like this, you need a good leader to identify and prioritise issues one by one.

1. Power/electricity
2. transport network
3. reduce big goverment
4. devolve power to the regions
5. Forward plan

we can almost write a book on what need doing
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by shotster50(m): 6:51am On Jun 22, 2009
When was the last time anyone saw the fire service responding to emergencies anywhere in Nigeria?? Do they even have special numbers like 999??
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by bawomolo(m): 7:11am On Jun 22, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I think the biggest stunner was the state of the communication rooms. ROFLMAO!!!!

Nigeria ooo!!!! Nigeria is developing big time !!! ROFLMAO!!!! See how the building looked decent on the outside but like hell on the inside!!! I wonder how many other similar structures we have in nIgeria. I mean we are offered pictures of nice looking structures, but Lord knows if they even hold anything real on the inside. ROFLMAO!!

i know right. that was a nice paint job. lmao
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by manmustwac(m): 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2009
walata44:

i didn't see anything there about lagos state fire service. Why u make me waste my time watching the news IDIOT!!! angry angry angry
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by walata44(m): 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2009
i didn't see anything there about Lagos state fire service. Why u make me waste my time watching the news IDIOT!!!   

Seems not to understand your point, the subject of this thread  is about state of Federal Fire service in Lagos. I don't see any reason why u should be looking for Lagos State Fire Service in the video. The video also show the state of infrastructure in the country weather its own by state or the federal govt is not the problem of the citizen, the duty of the govt is to provide security of life and properties.

And for you calling me "IDIOT", I don't join issue with people like you.
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by manmustwac(m): 8:27pm On Jun 23, 2009
no vex sorry
Re: Must Watch Video: State Of Federal Fire Service In Lagos. by walata44(m): 12:34pm On Jun 24, 2009
no vex sorry
Apology accepted.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! / Anxiety, As Container Laden Lagos-kano Train Stranded / Why Does Young Nelson Mandela Look Kinda Chinese?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.