Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,709 members, 7,851,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:43 PM

If Buhari Is A Change Agent... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Buhari Is A Change Agent... (535 Views)

"I Will Kill 200 Nigerians If Buhari Dies" – Police Officer From Borno Threatens / "Call Me A Hypocritical Idiot If Buhari Returns Today" - Facebook User / Social Media Change Agent Trending (tweets) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Buhari Is A Change Agent... by superstr: 12:18am On Jan 16, 2016
If buhari is a change agent, he needs to invest greatly in enlightement and strategically give power of checks and balances to the people to encourage equality. I know you feel like saying: Of all Nigeria's problems. But be patient to get me right.

As far as this essay is concerned, corruption war,etc, can not solve Nigeria's problem of this generation: it has never happened for sustainable development to set in because of superficial jingoism in any country of the world and it won't happen in Nigeria as well.

As a change agent, Buhari needs to foster enlightement. This can be done by inducing every great Nigerian such as professor Wole Soyinka, former president Olusegun Obasan and Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Aliko Dangote or Philip 'Emiguali' and other prominent Nigerians to retire to school to share their practical experience in their respective areas. Or they should do their consistent NESC ( National Elderly Service Corp) with graduates to use their exprience boost the confidence and courage of the graduates in all areas. This measure we fast track technical, political,economical and social enlightement. Imagine Dangote guiding young Nigerians on how to do business, 'Emiguali' discussing how he programmed the first fastest computer in the world, and GEJ, OBJ, IBB, GMB ETC, discussing political issues in Nigeria with the youth posing them challenges. In point of contextualism, this set of people cannot corrupt the youth, they will only challenge or irritate us to stand for our future.

Believe me or not, setting Nigeria on the right path needs the efforts of our geniuses and evil geniuses. No matter how bad they may be, changing their context of operation to something like a moonlight story telling will be of great significance instead of letting them go with our commonwealth and their usefull skills and talents.

It is the responsibility of the government to educate her citizens, so Buhari's administration should put up a conscious determination to enlighten Nigerians in toto about polical activities in Nigeria and give them a check and balance power to remove anybody holding economic , social, or political position in Nigeria, once adult majority rally against the person concerned, to cause a rebirth of egaliterian society. This is NECESSARY as inequelity is the major cause of underdevelopement as claimed by Engerman and Sokoloff 1997. It was a breach of political inequality that led to the election of Buhari and other APC members, so they should consciously give this call-back-from-office power to the people if they are change agent truely.

Inequelity makes it possible for politicians to opperess the masses with impunity; the rich to cheat the poor without redress. Solves this political inequality by giving call-back-from-office power to the people with a simple way to go about it.

If Buhari and others in the current administration are truely change agents, they need to consciously put an end to embezzlement through projects. I have a solution, I am hoping they will make use of it. They need to consciously establish a committee of volunteers ( led by opponents' parties' appointees) - at the federal, state and local level - who will crosscheck and estimate every cost and quality of every project before approval and without their approval, no project would be executed. Anyway, attrocities of the appointees will be checked by making their appointment subject of people's approval and they must be political aspirants for next election. This means that aspirants for political post will be elected at least three years through primary elections before major elections. So they will be cautious not to ruin their political careers.

How will all the aforesaid help Nigeria solve her problems. Follow this link: www.facebook.com/worldhexplorers to continue reading. Or reply with what you feel or think.
Re: If Buhari Is A Change Agent... by Praisemelody(m): 12:21am On Jan 16, 2016
ok
Re: If Buhari Is A Change Agent... by bossOD: 12:25am On Jan 16, 2016
buhari has scam all of u not me

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Is A Change Agent... by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 16, 2016
if buhari is a change agent............... well................. it can only mean that CHANGE IS A SCAM

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Is A Change Agent... by superstr: 2:05am On Jan 16, 2016
iamkeyz:
if buhari is a change agent............... well................. it can only mean that CHANGE IS A SCAM

why scam?
Re: If Buhari Is A Change Agent... by Nobody: 2:43am On Jan 16, 2016
superstr:

why scam?
because 1$ = 305 naira insted of 1 naira promised by change
chibok girls still missing thats not what change promised o
bokoharam still bombing since december again change promised opposite
court orders are flouted like there is no tomorrow by change yet it want to try others in the same court it refuses to obey? now thats scam
change say A in the morning then denies it in the evening? sounds like scam to me
change distracting people with "corruption fighting" while the economy is dying now thats scam
change manages to steal submitted budget which by the way is unrealistic ha ha ha thats big scam
change puts hundreds of millions to upgrade website? billions to buy BMW cars? ha ha hundreds of millions for cable? what the heck changed then? no be same money them they steal ni? no that again sounds like pure scam to me o
change visits over 10 countries, spending taxpayers money yet getting no results now that is scam
but wait the greatest scam is how change which did not go to school managed to hypnotize graduates, undergraduates and even professors to vote it into office..................... omo this scam na SCAM OF THE CENTURY
now if change signifies the above mentioned and bubu is the change agent, well,.................................... change = SCAM nd bubu is its DASUKI

2 Likes

Re: If Buhari Is A Change Agent... by superstr: 7:29am On Jan 16, 2016
Though in don't stand in for him, but at least tempo of bombing has reduced and we all know why naira is falling -- anyway it his responsibility.

(1) (Reply)

Imo Govt Suspends Workers In 19 Parastatals And Agencies / Between Jonathan’s Ebola Fever And Buhari’s Lassa Fever by Jude Ndukwe / Drop Your Comments About Naija Situation Here Assuming PDP Still Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.