Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,769 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested (34951 Views)

Man Blames His Village People For His Brother's Injury. Graphic Photos / AIDS Vaccine Passes Key Early Test / HIV Vaccine Breakthrough As Experts Generate Immune Cells To Stop Spread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by Onyiido: 1:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
disloman:
I no blame when you can read but can't comprehend.Let mi help you.There was a road map plan in 2012 which jona's govt didn't have the political will to work on.If they have done what is suppose to be done.We won't be here with lassa fever.The minister wasn't blaming but just setting the truth straight.Hops you gat that.
My dear leave that story, he indirectly blamed jonathan. Tell him to get to work $ stop pushing the balme to jona. Abi una wan crucify am, pls let jona be $ get to work asap
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
uduokirika1:
So what was the roadmap plan? Didn't you read where he said they will "dust" it and modernize it? Meaning he is yet to go through the said roadmap plan, how come something he hasn't peruzed haas d solution?

Even the missing budget too shouuld also be blamed on GEJ
you are just dusting after losing how many lives? Guy them charm una? Which kind talk be this? We are talking about a disease spreading like wildfire and you are just "dusting"....Thank God this was not the regime ebola broke out.....only God knows what would have happened
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by Onyiido: 2:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
drss:
if u dont have any tangible excuse, blame GEJ. - buari dullard to his noise makers.
GEJ nipped a more dealy ebola in d bud with only 9 lives lost n was restricted to only 3 states. but under buari dullard, 42 lives lost n counting with lassa disease spreading like wild fire all ova d country.
if u dey look for definition of incompetence, look at buari govt.
We're talking of 129 not 42 lives
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by SaffronSpice: 2:08pm On Jan 16, 2016
1miccza:

I should be asking that question too, we are saying we handled the outbreak well you are saying something different read the write up bro and don't be too quick to condemn
Am not saying we didnt,neither am I condeming any1; my position is that Ebola was conquered due to the level of awareness and collective effort we had then and not because the last administration did some public health legerdemain.
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by tiwasiaife(m): 2:14pm On Jan 16, 2016
God please as Gej is concluding his America and Europe prize tour please reward him with Noble Peace prize this year.God put APC to shame until they ask Nigerians for forgiveness for all the atrocities committed in the course of searching for power.
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by SaffronSpice: 2:14pm On Jan 16, 2016
yetseyi:

1000likes
A lot of Nigerians are so ignorant or have allowed political/ethnic sentiments to cloud their reasoning.

Some people are even saying ordinary Lassa fever, SMH as if Lassa is not as deadly as ebola.
Exactly what am saying,the disease is being underestimated.
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
theSpark:

Thank you for your response sir. I am very open minded and I do not believe that Mr Jonathan doesn't have shortcomings. My point is the fact that this new administration has made it a hobby to blame Mr Goodluck Jonathan for almost everything wrong in the country.

Most of the problems we face are as a result of decades of bad governance and poor attitude of both government agencies, citizens to situations.
okayyy. The minister should have just said ehm...no road map has been prepared, no outbreak in 2012 or 2014... Since Lassa fever just started in Dec 2015 we have all hands on deck...even we are working with stakeholders to create a road map...such answere would have gladden your heart. I think those blaming the minister should realize the minister was answering question from senate committee and not addressing a press conference. I want all blaming the minister give a better answer to ... What has been done by the ministry of health to prevent Lassa fever occurence since there was a major outbreak in 2012?... I am not a GEJ fan but I think his followers and fan should take pride in his being the first president to setup a committee to create a roadmap for Lassa fever since its emergence in 1967. The bane of GEJ government is the political will to act. seriously, if the present administration only act on some of the recommendation and road map funded and created by GEJ but lack political will to execute a lot of fund would be saved and a lot would be achieved. National conference, TSA, Ribadu committee and road map in the oil sector, ASUU agreement in 2012, automotive policy, rice policy, subsidy removal, part of oronsaye report....add urs. Buhari has the will to make change (dont know of people around him)but I think those hurting for GEJ loss should take solace in his achievements ie roadmap creation and support the new givernment in the implementation of those GEJ roadmaps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by ebullient1986: 2:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
Tolexander:
This is not a "push the blame".

Just a "look into the past" how it could have prevented and help the present issue.

you must be a lunatic
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by 1miccza: 3:15pm On Jan 16, 2016
SaffronSpice:

Am not saying we didnt,neither am I condeming any1; my position is that Ebola was conquered due to the level of awareness and collective effort we had then and not because the last administration did some public health legerdemain.

The Op on the other hand was applauding the way we rose up to the occassion and acted fast to contain it back then. There has been sufficient international awareness on Lassa Fever too
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
Tolexander:
This is not a "push the blame".

Just a "look into the past" how it could have prevented and help the present issue.

So what of the Ebola issue? I guess Gej also failed in combacting Ebola.
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by Queengal: 3:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
This minister 4 health is very stupid and silly
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by disloman(m): 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2016
I wanna thank y'all for 2 things (a)mentioning mi.Can't believe I had 30 mentions (2)for still showing your stupidity.Yes,it was stopped but they know that the lassa fever will occur again.That's why the plan to avoid such was created.Did the last administration fund the plan?That's why the lassa fever re occur.Please make una dey read to comprehend.Thanks
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by theSpark(m): 3:38pm On Jan 16, 2016
Nalikedis:
okayyy. The minister should have just said ehm...no road map has been prepared, no outbreak in 2012 or 2014... Since Lassa fever just started in Dec 2015 we have all hands on deck...even we are working with stakeholders to create a road map...such answere would have gladden your heart. I think those blaming the minister should realize the minister was answering question from senate committee and not addressing a press conference. I want all blaming the minister give a better answer to ... What has been done by the ministry of health to prevent Lassa fever occurence since there was a major outbreak in 2012?... I am not a GEJ fan but I think his followers and fan should take pride in his being the first president to setup a committee to create a roadmap for Lassa fever since its emergence in 1967. The bane of GEJ government is the political will to act. seriously, if the present administration only act on some of the recommendation and road map funded and created by GEJ but lack political will to execute a lot of fund would be saved and a lot would be achieved. National conference, TSA, Ribadu committee and road map in the oil sector, ASUU agreement in 2012, automotive policy, rice policy, subsidy removal, part of oronsaye report....add urs. Buhari has the will to make change (dont know of people around him)but I think those hurting for GEJ loss should take solace in his achievements ie roadmap creation and support the new givernment in the implementation of those GEJ roadmaps.

cheesy Nice article.
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by wolu4: 3:43pm On Jan 16, 2016
iyke926:
The minister is a fool for blaming GEJ.

I wish I could see that old man and tell him in his fvcking front. Hate it or love it, Prof. Adewole is a fool

I blame Buhari not GEJ and don't ask me how.
during Ebola outbreak,GEJ admin informed d masses abt dis deadly disease , how it was transmitted,how to prevent it from spreading (dey did all dis with fliers, on. News, social media etc) n provided hand sanitizer ,protective gardget and trained volunteers who also went to other part of Africa to help them curb d virus. Buhari has been busy with recovering stolen fund dat goes to invisible account n are never accounted for, while Lasser fever is spreading like widefire, no sign of educating d public on how to prevent it rather it's NGO's dat r doing it n now one mofo want to blam it on Jona? May God Ave mercy on us all.

2 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by hush15: 3:46pm On Jan 16, 2016
Tochaigh:
Just marked this idiots name, Isaac Adewole. Incompetent fool.

Imagine Obama blaming bush for the crisis in the middle east

Better is blaming bush for the September 11 attack at the twin towers and pentagon. Bush couldn't fish out the terrorist but Obama got the job done.

The biggest injustice Nigerians will ever do to themselves is to be carried away by all the lies they concocting and feeding the populace to distract Nigerians from their gross incompetence, in the name of fighting corruption.

can't believe we went went back to 1985...

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by speak2me2015: 4:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
The eleventh paragraph reads:
"He revealed that the vaccine was co-developed by some
Nigerians while saying that the current outbreak is a
national embarrassment because although there were
about 1723 cases in 2012, the percentage death rate of the
current outbreak was higher."
From your statements it means that Jonathan's Administration was able to reduce the death rate despite the incident rate.
But under your watch, with little incidents rate, your death rates is already higher.
Then whose administration is better,?
Is it the one that had lower death rate or your blame pushers administration?

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by amacastel: 5:23pm On Jan 16, 2016
irepagbor:
Gej administration was a disaster but I'm tired of blame games.
If you can't fix the problem then resign.

Gej inherited problems too.
Gej administration is a disaster don't worry we are already in a suicide mission with this administration of old men and women just sit watch and see happy viewing.
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by Excellentmind: 5:47pm On Jan 16, 2016
Why won't he blame GEJ for his inability to do the work he pledged to do? One word for you RESIGN!
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by udeh3(m): 6:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
yemmynoni:
We know Mr "HERO" was a mistake

Now you guys are there, please proactive and responsive to your duties

Ka sha ma Dupe

Read the story of ebola in Nigeria again and correct yourself
GEJ has done is best... he did not blame any past administration for the outbreak of ebola virus
Nigeria was later declared an ebola free nation under GEJ

GEJ left the presidential villa almost a year ago!

Godbless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by ImpactWorld(m): 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2016
zinachidi:
that minister is foolish :-/

They are all the same.
I am sure there is a kind of rehearsal : If you are not sure, just blame Jonathan.

It is a shame.
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by ImpactWorld(m): 7:02pm On Jan 16, 2016
hush15:

Better is blaming bush for the September 11 attack at the twin towers and pentagon. Bush couldn't fish out the terrorist but Obama got the job done.

The biggest injustice Nigerians will ever do to themselves is to be carried away by all the lies they concocting and feeding the populace to distract Nigerians from their gross incompetence, in the name of fighting corruption.

can't believe we went went back to 1985...

I am only shocked by those who are supposedly educated but have thrown away common sense in supporting the evils of the APC government.
History will judge everyone.
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by ImpactWorld(m): 7:06pm On Jan 16, 2016
wolu4:
during Ebola outbreak,GEJ admin informed d masses abt dis deadly disease , how it was transmitted,how to prevent it from spreading (dey did all dis with fliers, on. News, social media etc) n provided hand sanitizer ,protective gardget and trained volunteers who also went to other part of Africa to help them curb d virus. Buhari has been busy with recovering stolen fund dat goes to invisible account n are never accounted for, while Lasser fever is spreading like widefire, no sign of educating d public on how to prevent it rather it's NGO's dat r doing it n now one mofo want to blam it on Jona? May God Ave mercy on us all.

Thank you
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by ImpactWorld(m): 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2016
GodsMercy1:

He revealed that the vaccine was co-developed by some Nigerians while saying that the current outbreak is a national embarrassment because although there were about 1723 cases in 2012, the percentage death rate of the current outbreak was higher.

“It is unfortunate because if we had picked this man earlier on, we would have been able to put him on medication and he could have been alive today.

This government has no idea how to deal with issues facing Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by Thollulope(m): 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2016
Tochaigh:

please, the old man is my ex_vc
please, limit the insult
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by polomy(m): 7:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
GodsMercy1:
Minister of Health Prof. Isaac Adewole on Thursday, said the current outbreak of Lassa fever in the country is because the administration of former president Goodluck Jonathan failed to implement a roadmap drawn in 2012.

The minister also disclosed that the ministry was going to begin testing on a potential vaccine that would be used to prevent the virus.

Adewole disclosed these while briefing the Senate Committee on Health headed by Sen. Lanre Tejuosho (APC, Lagos) on the outbreak of the lassa virus in Nigeria.

Prof. Adewole put the number of cases as of today was 129 adding that the hospital which treated the deceased victim of the disease before referral to the national hospital was being investigated.

The minister said that the virus would have been defeated by now if there was the Jonathan administration had the political will to implement a roadmap designed in 2012 to forestall future occurrence.

He said: “In 2012 we recorded 1723 cases, after that, because of the severity, the post lassa fever outbreak workshop took place and an action plan to ensure this will never happen again was put in place.

“But this action plan was never implemented because it was never funded. We will dust the old plan, modernize it and look at if from the political perspective: what can we do to provide leadership, to provide support.”

On the vaccine being developed to tackle the disease, the minister said government has been “notified of a candidate vaccine which we will put through chemical trial to find out if it would work.

“We call it a candidate vaccine and we would want to run it through trials and that takes some time. Hopefully we will do that this year, once we consider it to be effective and safe then we put it to use.

“If it works then that means that we would be able to immunize people in the affected areas but for now we will continue with our surveillance,” he said.

He revealed that the vaccine was co-developed by some Nigerians while saying that the current outbreak is a national embarrassment because although there were about 1723 cases in 2012, the percentage death rate of the current outbreak was higher.

He added that the virus had been a yearly occurrence with 400 cases recorded in 2014 although not as publicized as the current outbreak.

“We can assure you that we are not going to sleep, we will remain at work, we are actively moving across the country,” he assured the committee.

On the recent death of a victim at the National Hospital in Abuja, he said that the ministry was investigating the hospital where the victim was first treated for one week.

He said that the Abuja victim actually came from Plateau state because he was ill and landed in a private hospital where he was kept for one week before he was referred.

He said that the dead victim was only referred to the National Hospital when he was already unconscious and therefore died 24 hours later.

“It is unfortunate because if we had picked this man earlier on, we would have been able to put him on medication and he could have been alive today.

“The situation which happened in that private hospital I have asked our people to investigate. We will sanction the doctor or the proprietor if we find any act on negligence on his or her part,” he said.

In his remark, the Chairman of the Committee said that the Senate will be willing to approve money for the health of Nigerians not just for lassa but for other ailments.

http://www.orderpaper.ng/lassa-fever-minister-blames-jonathan-says-vaccine-tested/

who will I blame for my burnt spaghetti? I guess GEJ. anyways just passing by... and by d way, Senator Tejuoso is from Ogun state central senatorial district.
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by Tcheck(m): 7:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
disloman:
I no blame when you can read but can't comprehend.Let mi help you.There was a road map plan in 2012 which jona's govt didn't have the political will to work on.If they have done what is suppose to be done.We won't be here with lassa fever.The minister wasn't blaming but just setting the truth straight.Hops you gat that.

ok o Mr teacher. so the mumu knew there was a road map plan since 2012. why didn't he speak up at the time? a new government took over last year nd he still didn't say anything. d buffoon waited until d disease started claiming lives. Nigerians voted in a new government cause we want change nd not for baboons like him to start a blame game.

2 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by jerusalem101: 7:39pm On Jan 16, 2016
Na wa oh, am very sure very soon GEJ will be blame for the emergence of ISIS and Mtn refusal to pay the fine 2 Nigerian Authority.
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by henrygoody(m): 11:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
Patdedon:
Irresponsible people always push the blame

Like seriously
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by mikolo80: 1:55am On Jan 17, 2016
Tochaigh:

he did, he does, he will. what you going to use to cover your cluelessness
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by mikolo80: 1:57am On Jan 17, 2016
amacastel:

Olodo u are so hypnotise that u don't know wen to stop talking who did GEJ blame wen Ebola break out? Ur clueless and dullard daura camel rearer and his team are incompetent simple pls stop justifying incompetence with long grammer after all Nigeria did not start exsitence with GeJ
JfSMH
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by mikolo80: 1:58am On Jan 17, 2016
omaguibu:
This is too bad, even a professor too doing a blame game. where do we go from here? Jonathan's govt did not have any road map before halting Ebola to a stand stil in Nigeria. Now you have an issue that is less contagious and deadly than Ebola and you can't contend it as a govt. Prof. pls I dont expect this from you, except you mean you dont have a grasp of your job task. Next time if your wives do not conceive blame it on Good luck no wahala, the gullibles will believe you.
when last did we have Ebola that we will have roadmap?
Re: Lassa Fever: Minister Blames Jonathan, Says Vaccine Being Tested by mikolo80: 2:00am On Jan 17, 2016
inlandtaipan:

Haa

Nna eh

Which kind blame be this? Is it not the same Jonathan govt that contained Ebola?

Ogs minister, please stfu and get to work
and na Lagos and amaechi that stopped the Ebola and Dr Mrs Adadevoh

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Get Viagra? / Bennet Ifekandu-Omalu Honored By Xavier University For Discovering Brain Injury / Disabled Beggar In Lebanon Died A Millionaire.photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.