Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Pastor Adeboye Receives OAU Honorary Doctorate Degree Award(photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Receives OAU Honorary Doctorate Degree Award(photos) (466 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Pastor Adeboye Wants To Sleep In Kirikiri Prison As He Visits Inmates (Pics) / Pastor Enoch Adeboye Receives Certificate Of Recognition From The US Congress! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye Receives OAU Honorary Doctorate Degree Award(photos) by henryanna36: 9:38am On Jan 16, 2016
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adeboye has been conferred with an honorary doctorate degree by the Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, Ile-Ife, Osun State during the 41st Special Convocation held at the Oduduwa Hall on Friday, January 15, 2016.

Adeboye, an alumnus of the OAU, said the award would spur him to contribute more to the development of the university.
While admonishing people to avoid writing others off, the cleric added that what is impossible with men are possible for God.

He said,

"When Late Oba Adesoji Aderemi was given honorary award by this university, I said to my friends that one day, I too will like to get a honorary award of this university.
"My friends laughed and said if it is something that can be worked for, he has no doubt that I will get it because I am hardworking and brilliant.
"He said honorary award of this kind is only given to people of high class.
"But today, a special convocation is holding to award an honorary doctorate to the ordinary person of that time.
"I am not given this particular award today because of my scholastic work in academics.
"The only reason why the Senate of this university set today apart is because God want to make a dream possible.
"I have several honorary awards from different universities both within and outside the country, but I waited for this one. God has made a dream come to pass.

"I got my Bachelor Degree in this school and I was committed before; now I will be more committed to the well-being of the university."
Addressing the audience the institution's Vice-Chancellor Prof. Bamitale Omole acknowledged God's faithfulness which has enabled the school overcome several challenges.

He said:

"Although we have challenges, God has been faithful to us.

"I pray that God that has seen OAU through challenges for so many years won't leave it."

Re: Pastor Adeboye Receives OAU Honorary Doctorate Degree Award(photos) by Akby(m): 9:39am On Jan 16, 2016
Awesome...
Re: Pastor Adeboye Receives OAU Honorary Doctorate Degree Award(photos) by LouisBERG: 10:14am On Jan 16, 2016
Nice..
#caLLmeBERG
Re: Pastor Adeboye Receives OAU Honorary Doctorate Degree Award(photos) by LouisBERG: 10:14am On Jan 16, 2016
Nice.. #caLLmeBERG
Re: Pastor Adeboye Receives OAU Honorary Doctorate Degree Award(photos) by datola: 10:16am On Jan 16, 2016
Wa o! Great Ife honorary degree is not given any how- to money bags, highest bidders or corrupt people.

There was a time in the 90s we went for RCF Students Congress at the University of Ibadan and we were discussing Ife's greatness when some UI guys started complaining how OAU students are always at the forefront of everything. I asked them: what was your first choice of UME from. They said: Ife of course but we were not given admission so we settled for UI

Congratulations sir for honour well deserved.

We are all proud and grateful Great Ife!

(1) (Reply)

The I Am That I Am / Maximizing Time 1 / My Conversations With God- Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.