Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be (37905 Views)

How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos / Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / Woman Photoshops Late Husband To Family Pictures To Celebrate His 40th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by ronald4lif(m): 11:37pm On Jan 16, 2016
tosyne2much:
So a man's job now depletes his chances of getting married ?

This sounds funny. grin
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by tosyne2much(m): 11:45pm On Jan 16, 2016
ronald4lif:

This sounds funny. grin
u sef reason am now cheesy
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by sunnyt1(m): 11:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
Dotmax53:
Fellow Nairalanders

Please i and my parents needs your contributions..My 28 years old sister who is a fresh graduate from the University summoned my parents and I that she got a fiance who was ready for marriage already...We were at least excited and joyously ask her to invite her fiance for proper introduction..Lastweek sunday was the said date,so we joyously went ahead in preparation on his arrival,preparing delicious meals to appease his arrival...He finally arrived and my dad asked him his occupation, what i heard was so disappointing...a SHOE MAKER for a Medicine graduate...i had to pretend as if notting seems wrong until the said guy departed..We summoned my Sister again and she said '' I love him and must marry him no matter what'' ...

Was she charmed or what??

This issue is really drilling the heart of my parents and i.
Can we help this situation or we just allow her to suit herself??

MOD'S please we need urgent responses

I ran into this conclusion a long time ago, the only thing we learn in school is pride. There is this destructive pride that comes with education

Why do educated people see people who didnt go to school as less human, like lower animals?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:52pm On Jan 16, 2016
jmoore:
Why seek for help when there is no problem?

Are u a prophet or rather u speak like one..grin
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by toksbisola: 11:54pm On Jan 16, 2016
@OP; first things first; NEVER LOOK DOWN ON ANY MAN; BE IT A POOR/RICH MAN OR AN EDUCATED/NON-EDUCATED MAN. A MAN IS A MAN; WHETHER HE’S FROM A HUMBLE, AVERAGE OR RICH BACKGROUND; EDUCATED OR NON-EDUCATED. It appears from your write-up that you’re seeking for your sister whose a medical graduate to introduce a man with a much higher status which is understandable.

Looking at it from another angle, to love someone is a beautiful thing; and when one is seeking a partner, it’s not just the status of the man you should look at. There are other factors that needs consideration before taking the “I DO” step as MARRIAGE IS NOT A BED OF ROSES.

The factors are; Love, Compatibility, Respect and Friendship.

The few questions mentioned below, can your sister answer yes to all regarding her current shoe-maker fiancé; (as you’ve termed him; a wrong choice of words if you ask me)

Is he caring?
Is he decent?
Is he hardworking?
Is he supportive?
Does he love her?

We all have preference’ as to what we want in a partner; but laying so much emphasis on STATUS/RICHES can be a dangerous game. But let me tell you, a man who’s rich today can become poor tomorrow; likewise a man who’s poor today can become rich tomorrow. Always look at the potential for the future in a man (which I presume your sister has done; hence her making the choice) when seeking for a mate and not riches. If he has the potentials to make it big tomorrow; then I’ll advice you to allow her to work with him.

Do you know how many ladies wants to marry a rich man? There are more ladies seeking rich men than there are rich men available. The sensible ladies, would look for a man with potentials even though he might not be currently rich and encourage him to push ahead to make it and become comfortable later on in life. You might say what if he remains on the average? Well you’re not in a position to see the future; hence, you can’t answer that question correctly.

If he has a job and can take good care of your sister and the kids they’ll have; then why not? It’s not as if the guy wouldn’t want to improve his lot in life. I am pretty sure he would want to work hard and become comfortable. WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.

There are lots of women who have toiled the part in marrying a rich guy/higher status; and they are miserable in their marriages as their husbands see them as not adding any value to their life’s financially; some are even termed as GOLD-DIGGERS. On the other hand, there are also women who have married rich men/higher status that are not facing that dilemma.

Always note, that your sister can marry a man with higher status who’ll deal with her mercilessly and disrespect her on every occasion and not give her the peace of mind she requires. On the other hand she can also marry a man with higher status that would give her peace of mind and love her dearly; you just never know.

Finally, you should be aware that it’s not going to be you or your family that’ll live with your sister and her husband. In theory, it’s advisable to avoid influencing her choice in the man she intends settling down with ESPECIALLY IF SHE HAS FOUND ONE THAT SHE IS HAPPY WITH. One more thing, FACE YOUR OWN RELATIONSHIP (IF YOU HAVE ONE) AND STAY CLEAR OF THAT OF YOUR SISTER (no offence and hope none taken).

I rest my case

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:26am On Jan 17, 2016
What if he said he was a mechanic? grin

Idiots every where. undecided
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by ERCROSS(m): 12:30am On Jan 17, 2016
ADENIKETINA2015:
Why are you laughing? gringringrin
sis, do u attend The Apostolic church
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 12:42am On Jan 17, 2016
ERCROSS:

No, this is the 2nd time I'll be get this question on this forum. Is it cos of the colour of the dress?cheesy
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 12:45am On Jan 17, 2016
ERCROSS:

Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by therapistmrs: 3:27am On Jan 17, 2016
if they are happy together then let them be.never think the least if any man he might be the next jimmy choo everybody loves to wear.
all the best.

therapistmrs..com
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by Holluwatarhyor(m): 4:22am On Jan 17, 2016
Dotmax53:
Fellow Nairalanders

Please i and my parents needs your contributions..My 28 years old sister who is a fresh graduate from the University summoned my parents and I that she got a fiance who was ready for marriage already...We were at least excited and joyously ask her to invite her fiance for proper introduction..Lastweek sunday was the said date,so we joyously went ahead in preparation on his arrival,preparing delicious meals to appease his arrival...He finally arrived and my dad asked him his occupation, what i heard was so disappointing...a SHOE MAKER for a Medicine graduate...i had to pretend as if notting seems wrong until the said guy departed..We summoned my Sister again and she said '' I love him and must marry him no matter what'' ...

Was she charmed or what??

This issue is really drilling the heart of my parents and i.
Can we help this situation or we just allow her to suit herself??

MOD'S please we need urgent responses

it seems your parents are rich,and your sister feels they can help him....but what if he says he is still searching for job?is that any better,pls reply me
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by DarkHenrie(m): 4:58am On Jan 17, 2016
You and your family members don't need any help. Let her marry who she wants to marry. It's going to be her marriage not yours. Y'all go look for your own partners.
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by mikolo80: 6:32am On Jan 17, 2016
pansophist:
When materialism like occupation becomes more valuable than a human, then there is a problem. His personality should come before his occupation. Being a graduate is just a title.

The future is big, vast and unpredictable. Your shortsightedness is the problem, not your sisters choice of partner. She is the one getting married to him not you.

If you are ingenious, you should be supporting him on how to grow his shoemaking empire. Nike and adidas are example of shoemaking companies.
lobatan
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by toprealman: 6:35am On Jan 17, 2016
Ahmed0336:
Since u no reveal their level of education i ll assume that he is Primary school certificate holder and your sister a secondarian. If na my family we go dey postpone the matter till him give up grin
If na smart guy, he will do the needful to your sister. Una go beg am tire and na so so posting una go de get.
Love knows no boundaries. Gucci et al , no be shoemakers them be? Despise not the days of small beginnings.
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 7:32am On Jan 17, 2016
[quote author=vindisick post=42041252][/quote The matter get k leg carry bow leg join again. Abi you no know?cheesy
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by Mekzmoney(m): 8:03am On Jan 17, 2016
Which happiness? She agreed because she tot she's getting old, she's tinking dat age is no longer by her side and decided to get married to any man dat comes her way.........
BlaqCoffee109:
undecided ...@ op, you marry what's in you...she's found her happiness with him, deal with it
How can she bring a shoe maker home as her husband? Were is d future in dat? If he's a graduate and decided to use dat skills 4sum tym, dat wud b difrnt.... Haba.. If na u b her parent u go even pour d man water self. grin grin grin
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by Mhizkel(f): 8:39am On Jan 17, 2016
tosyne2much:
Mhizkel don vex cheesy
Lol. The post is annoying.
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by tonyfrancis99(m): 9:16am On Jan 17, 2016
I usually don't contribute a lot on nairaland,but this topic is one of the few that have touched me........am currently an undergraduate in one of the prestigious universities in Nigeria. Have three older siblings who are graduates and doing well in their business,with the first daughter married and living happily with the husband. They were all trained by a shoe cobbler whose wife(my mother) didn't look down upon when he asked for her hand in marriage. . The guy could really have potentials,y'all should try to get to know him. #peace

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by eroticecstasy: 9:53am On Jan 17, 2016
talktonase:
The system has failed to value such persons with skill...only reckoning certificate.Shame on us!

am just tired of the OP, can you imagine?
how much is the OP and his family worth?

i wonder why we allow the colour of our skin affects our mentality; black mind.
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by eroticecstasy: 9:56am On Jan 17, 2016
tonyfrancis99:
I usually don't contribute a lot on nairaland,but this topic is one of the few that have touched me........am currently an undergraduate in one of the prestigious universities in Nigeria. Have three older siblings who are graduates and doing well in their business,with the first daughter married and living happily with the husband. They were all trained by a shoe cobbler whose wife(my mother) didn't look down upon when he asked for her hand in marriage. . The guy could really have potentials,y'all should try to get to know him. #peace

God bless you!
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by Ibro2005: 10:09am On Jan 17, 2016
So what then

Being jobless is d real problem
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by sample042(m): 10:51am On Jan 17, 2016
D topic alone got my ass off its position due to laughter. LMFAO still laffn
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by talktonase(m): 11:27am On Jan 17, 2016
eroticecstasy:

am just tired of the OP, can you imagine?
how much is the OP and his family worth?

i wonder why we allow the colour of our skin affects our mentality; black mind.
I tire oh!
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by Obaf16(f): 1:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
Laugh @ OP,let me tell u dat am also a shoe maker nd am a graduate of agric econ,i finished my service last year February,and by now i knw wot am up to.Most of my mate r still at home looking for job. Note: Shoe maker doesn't mean road side shoe maker.
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by ERCROSS(m): 2:21pm On Jan 17, 2016
ADENIKETINA2015:

No, this is the 2nd time I'll be get this question on this forum. Is it cos of the colour of the dress?cheesy

yes... that's d choristers uniform colours....

is DAT ur son....??
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 2:43pm On Jan 17, 2016
ERCROSS:

yes... that's d choristers uniform colours....

is DAT ur son....??

My niece

Are you a member?
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by ERCROSS(m): 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
ADENIKETINA2015:

My niece

Are you a member?

yap.... adeniketina... how do u got d mixed ethnicity... the yoruba-delta girl...
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 7:11pm On Jan 17, 2016
ERCROSS:

yap.... adeniketina... how do u got d mixed ethnicity... the yoruba-delta girl...
Too many questionscheesy but the answer is in your questiontongue
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
Ahmed0336:
Since u no reveal their level of education i ll assume that he is Primary school certificate holder and your sister a secondarian. If na my family we go dey postpone the matter till him give up grin
u shld not tink like dat,most shoe makers make more money dan bankers sef,are there jobs for graduates out there.there is dignity in labour.God can bless you 2ru anymeans even if u are selling tooth pick
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by Karleyb: 6:03am On Jan 18, 2016
Lets assume the guy is a shoemaker living in the US, would your family still have a problem with it? at least he is not a thief and y'all should be grateful him and your sister didnt lie to you guys. What if they connived to lie to your folks that he is a lawyer? will your dad or mom ask for his certificate to prove it? afterall there are countless zoology students working in banks. Its your sisters life...leave her alone biko.
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by seangy4konji: 3:03pm On Jan 18, 2016
Eleyi gidigan ooooo
Re: Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be by anonoymousT(m): 2:01am On Jan 19, 2016
I no know say them get male karishika o
make una carry am go deliverance on time ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reaction As Nigerian Lady Amara Records Altercation With Mom Over Her Sexuality / Fire Burn Survivor Whose Baby Bump pics went viral gives Birth. / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.