Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,468 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:48 AM

One Year Vocational Training Bill - Knownpal - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / One Year Vocational Training Bill - Knownpal (751 Views)

Education Graduates To Start One Year Internship - FG / Benue To Convert Junior Secondary Schools To Vocational Institutions / UNIBEN Produces Heads Of 8 Tertiary Institutions In One Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Year Vocational Training Bill - Knownpal by Knownpal(m): 1:56pm On Jan 16, 2016
Due to the situation Nigeria met herself now and with the way education is being run in Nigeria, I would like to suggest if the Senate can pass a bill that will ensure every graduates from secondary school to go for a compulsory one year or two years of vocational training before seeking admission into university or other wise go to any other higher institutions.

Now to me, these are the features and benefits :

Features
1. A student can go for any vocational training of his or her choice.
2. Vocational training centres are accredited by a private body or government (any which way) after a request from any interested vocational centres.
3. A certificate is issued to the student which will be among the requirements of every university. Validity must be ensured here with sound database keeping which will be checked by universities for validity and to avoid corruption.

Benefits
1. Reduces mass admissions.
2. Reduces unemployments even after graduation from university and there's no white collar job, such student can use the skills gotten to live.
3. Makes students to grow and learn about life and morals before going into university which reduces illegal acts such as robbery, prostitution and cultism etc. after gaining admission.

Now this is it. I want to know what Nigerians think about this my proposed bill. What other advantages and features do you think of, will this approach really help us Nigerians, or is it a bad shot. Please I want serious minded comments, The moderators know how they can help.
Thank you, though I don't look forward to any bashing.

Sorry for any typos and bad alignments, I typed on a phone.
Re: One Year Vocational Training Bill - Knownpal by agabaI23(m): 2:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
Knownpal:
Due to the situation Nigeria met herself now and with the way education is being run in Nigeria, I would like to suggest if the Senate can pass a bill that will ensure every graduates from secondary school to go for a compulsory one year or two years of vocational training before seeking admission into university or other wise go to any other higher institutions.

Now to me, these are the features and benefits :

Features
1. A student can go for any vocational training of his or her choice.
2. Vocational training centres are accredited by a private body or government (any which way) after a request from any interested vocational centres.
3. A certificate is issued to the student which will be among the requirements of every university. Validity must be ensured here with sound database keeping which will be checked by universities for validity and to avoid corruption.

Benefits
1. Reduces mass admissions.
2. Reduces unemployments even after graduation from university and there's no white collar job, such student can use the skills gotten to live.
3. Makes students to grow and learn about life and morals before going into university which reduces illegal acts such as robbery, prostitution and cultism etc. after gaining admission.

Now this is it. I want to know what Nigerians think about this my proposed bill. What other advantages and features do you think of, will this approach really help us Nigerians, or is it a bad shot. Please I want serious minded comments, The moderators know how they can help.
Thank you, though I don't look forward to any bashing.

Sorry for any typos and bad alignments, I typed on a phone.

Nice
It is nice because some people will during the course of the vocational training discover that getting a university degree is not what they want and will not bother going for JAMB in addition to the advantages you mentioned

In some countries, they call it gap year though it is not compulsory
Re: One Year Vocational Training Bill - Knownpal by Knownpal(m): 11:44am On Jan 17, 2016
agabaI23:
Nice
It is nice because some people will during the course of the vocational training discover that getting a university degree is not what they want and will not bother going for JAMB in addition to the advantages you mentioned

In some countries, they call it gap year though it is not compulsory

That's why it should be compulsory in Nigeria. Many will definitely make it during or after the vocational training.

What do we do to catch the attention of Nigerians to this idea?

Fynestboi:

lalasticlala:

You guys should help.
Re: One Year Vocational Training Bill - Knownpal by Knownpal(m): 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2017
lalasticlala check this thread na. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Coca Cola / . / Tasued Post Utme Exam Is Going On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.