Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant (42460 Views)

Lagos Judge Reads Ruling In Darkness As Power Went Off In Courtroom / Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by EternalTruths: 11:41am On Jan 17, 2016
cybriz82:
Very soon nigerian will beg shekau abubakar to help dem fight those thugs...last nyt watchin tvc news abt bokoharam video..shekau b like u people are shoutin bringbackourgirl.why girls girls girls..y can't u say bring back our soldier!..may God help us in dis country sha...

Have Shekau released a new video on bring back our girls.?

Please tell me oooo
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Akpan107(m): 11:42am On Jan 17, 2016
LadyExcellency:

When your people were supporting Bokoharam against GEJ's regime, where was your so-called brain?

You think it was for a fun when Seun reprogrammed the board to auto-correct Janja-weed to "Supporters of APC"

Get lost, hypocrite, you think your unscientific hypothesis can sustain test.

Evil Soul.
You have just finished that guy. pls take it easy with him.

at topic. The Niger Deltan Region are not in support of this change. lets have resources control or we divde the country. how on earth could we own the oil and 83 percent of the oil wells now belongs to the Northerners. am actually not calling for violence but lets do the right thing.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by manup: 11:45am On Jan 17, 2016
hmohammed:
It appears u guys lack basic understanding. I don't care about the revenue earned from the sale of crude, what I am saying is that they should stop destroying gas pipelines needed for electricity generation. These are pipelines built by the Nigerian government.

Oyibo

3 Likes

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by EternalTruths: 11:46am On Jan 17, 2016
Akpan107:

at topic. The Niger Deltan Region are not in support of this change. lets have resources control or we divde the country. how on earth could we own the oil and 83 percent of the oil wells now belongs to the Northerners. am actually not calling for violence but lets do the right thing.

Don't mind them

Tompolo will prevail in Jesus name

We want all our oil wells back angry

10 Likes

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 17, 2016
hmohammed:
Lagosian, we are in for a long thing as I just heard on radio that Tompolos boys have damaged the chevron escravos gas plant. This is a major gas source for Egbin power plant which supplies a significant portion of power to lagos state. I think it is high time our president **** order the arrest of Tompolo as no man is bigger than Nigeria
We really no longer depend on this oil to run the economy based on the recent proposed budget.
House please what is your take on this as I am very sad about this development.

Where is your prove that Tompolo's boiz did it,i ask you trade words with caution.

1 Like

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Topmostt: 11:58am On Jan 17, 2016
I laugh when people come here to say that Nobody is above the law. When the same set of people supported buari when he openly bragged about disobeying court injunction on 2 separate instances. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by AdeniyiA(m): 11:59am On Jan 17, 2016
not only Lagos is in darkness o, Ibadan here is reeling in it since Thursday embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by idupaul: 12:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
I voted for Buhari but I must say the man lacks wisdom in the way he approaches everything. .the govt must learn that tompolo is like the proverbial mosquito perched on your scrotum. .u must use tact and not force to ease it away.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by ogene007: 12:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
Ugomba:
Tompolo should be arrested and made to face the Law if found guilty.
No One is above the Law.
But your Buhari is claiming to be above the law by disobeying court orders.I guess Tompolo is simply following Buhari's example by refusing to submit himself to the jurisdiction of the courts. Buhari cannot on one hand be behaving lawlessly by abusing people's rights without recourse to the law while on the other hand, advocating that the rest of us abide by the law. That is nothing other than sheer hypocrisy and double standardness. We either have a society where everyone abides by the rule of law, including the president, or we live with the consequencies of a lawless society where the likes of Buhari, Tompolo, Shekau etc, hold sway.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by luvprince4real(m): 12:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
Ugomba:
No One is above the Law.
from wherever u are just go to d nearest bus park and board a bus to warri, anywhere dem drop u just ask anybody of tompolo they will direct u as d name is very popular in d city, just go to him and arrest him. Thank me later.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Turboking(m): 12:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
if this news is true...Government Ekpemukpolo a.k.a Tomkpolo and his boys has given the Federal Government a legitimate reason to treat them like common criminals..this is way too far from mere agitation.. it is felonious and attracts long jail term
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by allthingsgood: 12:08pm On Jan 17, 2016
BankeSmalls:

RELEASE HIM!
Was he released?

Every matter is related, you cannot be practising stubbornness while forcing the masses to obey the law. That is tyranny!

It is the court that ordered Tompolo's arrest not Buhari. Your comment is misplaced
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Dragonking: 12:13pm On Jan 17, 2016
Akpan107:

What you just said is the bitter truth...Imagine about 90% of the oil wells are owned by northerners...The northern region contributes little or nothing to the country's GDP but yet they are the ones always fighting to control the country...They try all possible best to keep our region suppressed to that they can always control our resources and be in power...Imagine the SS is the region that generates the highest GDP in the country and also supplies the country with light from gas yet who is in control? Buhari and the FG should thread carefully, and i advise that they look for how to develop the SS region on time before fighting the militants.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Descartes: 12:13pm On Jan 17, 2016
kastrokay:
I Pity tompolo and his men when nigeria army headquaters will be shifted in the south south

That will eventually ends the zoo called Zoogeria cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Bollinger(m): 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2016
nigerianvenom:
Ur hate for tompolo is driving u crazy and hope u dont kill urself for tompolo's sake.
Tompolo came out saying he had no hand in d pipeline bombing,yet u still forced it on him,its bad.
U think arresting tompolo will solve the issue?kill tompolo and witness and unprecedented anarchy in nigeria

Are you saying that just because Tompolo say's he is not involved we should just take his word for it? That is not how it's done in normal societies. But then again, If i were Tompolo, i would not show up to defend myself considering that the Government does not observe the rule of law. When you deprive an individual of basic legal rights, you are setting a precedence that can never be sustained. Who would want to turn themselves over to the law, when there is a likelihood that you would never see daylight again because of the refusal of the government to obey court orders? #Dasuki.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by luvprince4real(m): 12:18pm On Jan 17, 2016
allthingsgood:

It is the court that ordered Tompolo's arrest not Buhari. Your comment is misplaced
and who ordered d release of kanu, dasuki and others? Grow up plz. Our president is lawless so the whole country has gone lawless.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by gentlezypher: 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2016
Ugomba:
No One is above the Law.
which law? A country where court Orders are being disobeyed!!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by ibedun: 12:35pm On Jan 17, 2016
This country is truly bleeped up.......no point having children here......no point!!! Chaos everywhere......

1 Like

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by business4all: 12:35pm On Jan 17, 2016
hmohammed:
Lagosian, we are in for a long thing as I just heard on radio that Tompolos boys have damaged the chevron escravos gas plant. This is a major gas source for Egbin power plant which supplies a significant portion of power to lagos state. I think it is high time our president **** order the arrest of Tompolo as no man is bigger than Nigeria
We really no longer depend on this oil to run the economy based on the recent proposed budget.
House please what is your take on this as I am very sad about this development.
Which Lagos are you talking about. We get light for my area tgis morning. I don't know what you are talking about.
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by peacefulpeace101(m): 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
Monimatic:
Buhari the dullard
your father the dullard
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by breeze23: 12:38pm On Jan 17, 2016
luvprince4real:
and who ordered d release of kanu, dasuki and others? Grow up plz. Our president is lawless so the whole country has gone lawless.
don't mind them. They are expecting Tompolo to turn himself to tyrant buhari. U people claim that u want peace in nigeria because u are enjoing all resoure alone. Thank God niger deltans are waking up. Dont think that it is only Tompolo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by bittertruth(m): 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
wch area abeg? no light here(Ajah) since yesterday..
business4all:

Which Lagos are you talking about. We get light for my area tgis morning. I don't know what you are talking about.
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by allthingsgood: 12:51pm On Jan 17, 2016
luvprince4real:

The President did not break any law. And anybody who feels he/she is bigger or more important than Nigeria will be dealt with ruthlessly. Just watch how Tompolo will be put in his place.

Nigeria now has a President not a clueless clown!
Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Descartes: 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
allthingsgood:

The President did not break any law. And anybody who feels he/she is bigger or more important than Nigeria will be dealt with ruthlessly. Just watch how Tompolo will be put in his place.

Nigeria now has a President not a clueless clown!

Only a daft will not understand that America has not exhausted all their plans in sinking Zoogeria.

1 Like

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by teampregar(m): 1:02pm On Jan 17, 2016
All those states that have been using niger delta resources to develop una side, while niger deltans are dying.. Diz na d begging there will be destruction 4 una states back to back from lagos to abuja..#Idiots

5 Likes

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by teampregar(m): 1:02pm On Jan 17, 2016
All those states that have been using niger delta resources to develop una side, while niger deltans are dying.. Diz na d begining there will be destruction 4 una states back to back from lagos to abuja..#Idiots

3 Likes

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by ahaika23: 1:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
Ha! Parasites I see from the North to the wild wild West! cheesy
BankeSmalls:

No wonder we no wan form our own country?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
ccoolitempa:

Just like if you have nothing useful to say....then say nothing rather than saying something and confirming your ignorance... grin
but that's true talk you can go to the creeks get him arrested alongside BIAFRA protesters on Monday May be DSS or JTF will help you
just volunteer to do it nigeria will never forget you

3 Likes

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by villybest(f): 1:08pm On Jan 17, 2016
You won't believe when he said he is not involved in any gas explosion, you will always choose to believe those source of yours..any which way,every one of them is guilty as pronounced,not as charged, as far as this government is concerned.And you still mentioned about him being above the law,when the CNC doesn't obey rule of law.God will judge all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant by Obijulius: 1:09pm On Jan 17, 2016
Built with Niger Delta Oyel money...

So no issues, let them destroy it as they like. As for you start thinking of an alternative to Niger Delta money - groundnut comes to mind.

hmohammed:
It appears u guys lack basic understanding. I don't care about the revenue earned from the sale of crude, what I am saying is that they should stop destroying gas pipelines needed for electricity generation. These are pipelines built by the Nigerian government.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinubu Meets With Ooni Of Ife, Osun Traditional Rulers (Photos / Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque / Lucky Aiyedatiwa, Ondo Deputy Governor Moves Against Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.