Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

18 Mistakes That Kill Startups - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 18 Mistakes That Kill Startups (683 Views)

8 Mistakes I Made Starting An Online Business In Nigeria That You Should Avoid! / 5 Habits That Kill Financially / 8 Mistakes I Made Starting An Online Business In Nigeria That You Should Avoid! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 Mistakes That Kill Startups by nedu86(m): 10:53pm On Jan 16, 2016
A picture speaks a thousand words...

Re: 18 Mistakes That Kill Startups by brunofarad(m): 10:56pm On Jan 16, 2016
Interesting
Re: 18 Mistakes That Kill Startups by itsmine: 11:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
quality post. d points ar great. but don't we think point no1 could be d solution to point no 17? if I lie, ask Dangote or don't go far, ask Seun Osewa.
Re: 18 Mistakes That Kill Startups by tobisco29(m): 11:46pm On Jan 16, 2016
itsmine:
quality post. d points ar great. but don't we think point no1 could be d solution to point no 17? if I lie, ask Dangote.
I guess your right. A single founder will have no one to fight with.
Re: 18 Mistakes That Kill Startups by itsmine: 12:10am On Jan 17, 2016
except we are talking about new fields of endeavour entirely, Marginal niche (No3) shouldn't necessarily be a killer as it is quite common to most start-ups, it's d strategies these start-ups adopt over time to meet or surpass competition & break out of d loop that makes all d difference. GT & Zenith were marginal players at entry in d 80s; Etisalat was then a marginal player in d telecoms as a latecomer; even Redeem, LivingFaith, MFM and ChristEmbassy were margin biters in d soul-winning bizness then.
Re: 18 Mistakes That Kill Startups by jireh250: 12:11am On Jan 17, 2016
Nice post...keeps you thinking
Re: 18 Mistakes That Kill Startups by itsmine: 12:18am On Jan 17, 2016
tobisco29:
I guess you're right. A single founder will have no one to fight with.
yeah, decision-making under sole proprietor is faster than d speed of light and has big impact, same reason some countries under dictatorship find it easy to progress while a few despite being in democracy keep 'regressing'.
D'you remember d boardroom squabbles dt snowballed into d death of SavannahBank?
Re: 18 Mistakes That Kill Startups by 53cur3m0d3(m): 3:31am On Jan 17, 2016
Paul Graham, YCombinator.. I'm an avid reader and follower of his works... I buy into his idea of having a cofounder to brainstorm with in decision making and division of labour. That helps because one man can't know it all. Fights amongst founders is cankerous to a Startup's health. I think there should be an understanding that there will be mistakes but treating the situation at hand is better than attacking one another verbally or physically. That's the way forward. That's where maturity comes into play.

Just my #0.02 grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Importance Of Cashflow In Your Financial Life / Skales Giving Out Free Mtn Recharge Cards To Lucky Fans On Twitter / Paypal Fund Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.