Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Please Advise: Build Rental Property And What Style - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Advise: Build Rental Property And What Style (490 Views)

READ Reasons Why Landlords/investors Lose Their Investment On Rental Property / Difference Between Personal Property And Real Property / Should I Dispose My Mowe Property And Move To Ikorodu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise: Build Rental Property And What Style by Toronto123: 6:31am On Jan 17, 2016
bought a land and fenced and yet deciding what to do with it. I live abroad but have trusted hands on ground.

What should I build? Land is in lekki epe close to the Lagos business school (paid 3M)

Was considering build a 4 unit apartment and keep one for my family. But I have read some horrible stories about tenants. Now my question to those living abroad, Is it worth it? Should I hold my land and let the value go up then sell?

Please advise and tips greatly welcomed
Re: Please Advise: Build Rental Property And What Style by hurricaneChris: 7:30am On Jan 17, 2016
Since you have trusted hands, they are in better position to advice you.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise: Build Rental Property And What Style by beknown(m): 9:48pm On Feb 14, 2016
Toronto123:
bought a land and fenced and yet deciding what to do with it. I live abroad but have trusted hands on ground.
What should I build? Land is in lekki epe close to the Lagos business school (paid 3M)
Was considering build a 4 unit apartment and keep one for my family. But I have read some horrible stories about tenants. Now my question to those living abroad, Is it worth it? Should I hold my land and let the value go up then sell?

Trusted hands? Be careful about some trusted hands in Nigeria.
4 units block of flats is a great idea. It is worth it because it is your living accommodation when you are in Nigeria and tenanting is a different matter. Should I hold my land and let the value go up then sell? This is a good strategy but secure the land from thieves - fence it with gate and watch over it until price appreciate. However, do not compare the naira returns with hard currency returns.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise: Build Rental Property And What Style by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
beknown:

Trusted hands? Be careful about some trusted hands in Nigeria.
4 units block of flats is a great idea. It is worth it because it is your living accommodation when you are in Nigeria and tenanting is a different matter. Should I hold my land and let the value go up then sell? This is a good strategy but secure the land from thieves - fence it with gate and watch over it until price appreciate. However, do not compare the naira returns with hard currency returns.

True talk about "trusted hands" in Nigeria especially family members!
I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise: Build Rental Property And What Style by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
Toronto123:

Holding bare land, even with fence and gate, scares me in Nigeria, especially in that potential visibility area.

Good luck on whatever you decide but do realize that "trusted hands in Nigeria" has bitten quite a lot of people over the years on here financially.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Land 1000sqmt @ Banana Lsland Zone B / 1 Acre Of Land For Sale Along Lagos Abk Expressway Ijaiye Facing Express 170m / For Sale @ AJAH..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.