Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

The Church & Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Church & Tithe (1075 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" / Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Church & Tithe by ewosk: 7:35am On Jan 17, 2016
As an individual growing up in a christain background one was taught and nurtured christian doctrines at home & in Sunday School (church).

But i soon discovered varying doctrines across denominations who still profess Christ, my dad and teachers then stressed to me that the BIBLE is our standard.....Hence i need a biblical response to this question?

DID THE EARLY CHRISTIANS & APOSTLES PAY TITHE??
Re: The Church & Tithe by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 17, 2016
If money is the root of all evil, why do they ask for it in church?

1 Like

Re: The Church & Tithe by Rainmaker69(m): 8:41am On Jan 17, 2016
aaronson:
If money is the root of all evil, why do they ask for it in church?

Wrong quote and wrong question.

It's the love of money that is the root of all evil.

The proper question then should be that if the love of money is the root of all evil, why do churches ask their members to pursue money?

I don't think that question has any direct bearing on the tithe issue.
Re: The Church & Tithe by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 17, 2016
Rainmaker69:

Wrong quote and wrong question.

It's the love of money that is the root of all evil.

The proper question then should be that if the love of money is the root of all evil, why do churches ask their members to pursue money?

I don't think that question has any direct bearing on the tithe issue.
Simply put, Your question is basic and mine was advanced. Everybody knows people loves money for it to be the root of evil and why it is been asked for in churches encompasses your basic question which reads "why do churches ask their member to pursue money?" So you mean to tell me, churches ask members to pursue money and NOT bring some for tithe,offering and donations?

Learn to formulate advanced questions as a graduate and not basic questions like a basic 3 student. Get an atheist around where you live to take you up on that or pay a tutorial English teacher.
Re: The Church & Tithe by Annunaki(m): 11:00am On Jan 17, 2016
ewosk:
As an individual growing up in a christain background one was taught and nurtured christian doctrines at home & in Sunday School (church).

But i soon discovered varying doctrines across denominations who still profess Christ, my dad and teachers then stressed to me that the BIBLE is our standard.....Hence i need a biblical response to this question?

DID THE EARLY CHRISTIANS & APOSTLES PAY TITHE??

Nope the early christians and apostles NEVER paid tithe.
Re: The Church & Tithe by ewosk: 12:46pm On Jan 18, 2016
Annunaki:

Nope the early christians and apostles NEVER paid tithe.

IF THE APOSTLES AND EARLY CHRISTIANS DO NOT PAY TITHE......WHY THEN IS IT NECESSARY FOR US TODAY TO PAY TITHE
Re: The Church & Tithe by Annunaki(m): 1:57pm On Jan 18, 2016
ewosk:

IF THE APOSTLES AND EARLY CHRISTIANS DO NOT PAY TITHE......WHY THEN IS IT NECESSARY FOR US TODAY TO PAY TITHE

It's not necessary for us to pay tithes today. Those who preach it are only twisting scriptures to arrive at the false doctrine.
Re: The Church & Tithe by winner01(m): 3:59pm On Jan 18, 2016
[quote author=ewosk post=42052133][/quote]Wrong place to ask reasonable questions.

Your questions are already answered here:

http://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets

God bless you.
Re: The Church & Tithe by ewosk: 5:12pm On Jan 18, 2016
winner01:
Wrong place to ask reasonable questions.
Your questions are already answered here:
http://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets
God bless you.
reply with the answers here thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Pray In A Distracting World / Whose Report Do You Believe: Jesus Or That Of Paul??? / Alleged Ex-driver To Bishop Abioye Of Winners Chapel Converts To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.