Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

How Can I Start A Car Business? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Start A Car Business? (1830 Views)

You Need A Website For Your Car Business / How To Start Up A Car Business / Car Business,how Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Start A Car Business? by fernald: 1:31pm On Jun 22, 2009
I am calling on the tested, reliable & result-oriented dealers in the house to help out on this subject: How can I start a car business? What are the risks of importing cars from Cotonou? What are reliable USA websites I can deal with in car purchases? I want your candid advice on this subject.
Re: How Can I Start A Car Business? by perfectbuy(m): 1:50pm On Jun 22, 2009
Why dont you play it safe and start as a middle man, with that you dont need any capital, all you just need to do is be a referral, find customer who need to buy KIA vehicles and when the purchase is made, you will be paid referral fees.

For more info call Sam:07029322472, 08072971670 or just mail me sam.germaineautos@yahoo.com
Re: How Can I Start A Car Business? by fernald: 3:04pm On Jun 22, 2009
I don't want to be a mid-man. Advice! Advice!!
Re: How Can I Start A Car Business? by promise72(m): 4:09pm On Jun 22, 2009
fernald:

I am calling on the tested, reliable & result-oriented dealers in the house to help out on this subject: How can I start a car business? What are the risks of importing cars from Cotonou? What are reliable USA websites I can deal with in car purchases? I want your candid advice on this subject.

fernald:

I don't want to be a mid-man. Advice! Advice!!

Candid advice? Here i go. First i will like to let you know that there's no task that's too daunting that cant be overcome. However, what i will advise about car business is that YOU HAVE TO PHYSICALLY SEE THE CAR YOU ARE BUYING! Especially its better that way. As long as a car is used, its better for you to see the car in person. Can you buy a car on a website without seeing it? Sure! But from the little tiny knowledge i have, i will not buy a car without the car being in my presence, especially used.

I dont care if they say the car is 2010!. If its used, i wanna see it in person!. You wanna hear it run. Feel the car! "Taste the car"   tongue and just have a physical "aura" of the car before you commit ur money. There could have been a body work or some type of imperfection on the car, you should be able to see it. A website MIGHT not allow u to see such imperfection.

With that said, theres also a question of getting the best price. The website(s) you will be dealing with might not always have the best price or better put, best price and best selection at all times. You might not have the opportunity of a best selection.

Again, not all cars a dealer/seller has makes it to the website. You walk unto the lot, and you can find a car that you like and decide to buy it. Before it even hit the site. Also, its very hard (if not near impossible) to strike a good deal even on the phone, talkless of a website.

You got to a dealer and lets say he's asking for $9,000. You look at him, and pull out like $7,000 and hand it to him. Don't say anything. He counts it, looks at you funny and say "where's the rest?"  and you reply "That's all i have". He said "its too small" You replied: "I cant come up with any more $$$"

He might reject the offer, but it will be difficult. Salespeople dont like to let $$$ slip thru their hands.  wink  Unless of course its a really low offer.

You might not exactly get the car for $7,000 but may be $8,000 after lots of "back and forth" But he's willing to spare you his time cos you are "serious, willing and able" to go thru with the purchase!. A phonecall/website can't help you like that.

So here are your options:

Get a reliable person in the US that can do that for you for a reasonable fee (preferably a LICENSED Dealer)

OR

Start by going to Cotonou and buy US spec cars there. You will be able to make ur selection. Bring it to Naija and people will know you with the car business. You can build your business that way.

Let me know if you have more questions.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Start A Car Business? by Uchek(m): 11:12pm On Jun 22, 2009
Perfect Buy answer is the apt response to the question; how to start a vehicle business.

Become a middleman and use the opportunity to understand the nitty gritty of vehicle busniess.

The adavange is that you have nothing to lose in terms of start-yp coat the business collapses and everything is it succeeds.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Start A Car Business? by abyte: 1:09am On Jun 23, 2009
promise72, thats some f**ing good advice.

Its refreshing to see here. Straight to the point.
Re: How Can I Start A Car Business? by fernald: 11:59am On Jun 24, 2009
Promise72

Thank you for your sound advice but the problem I have with going to Cotonou is that you hardly can get honest people to deal with: These are the questions I have about Cotonou;

1) is it possible to go to the packs on your own and negotiate on the cars of your choice without inviting the Cotonou Agents first.
2) Can Cotonou agents add to the price of the car apart from the money you will pay to them for the clearing service?
3) In cotonou, we have heard about cases of people stealing items on the purchased cars, how can one curtail this.

I look forward to your answers on this subject promise, regards.
Re: How Can I Start A Car Business? by KunleA2(m): 1:24am On Jun 25, 2009
fernald:

Promise72

Thank you for your sound advice but the problem I have with going to Cotonou is that you hardly can get honest people to deal with: These are the questions I have about Cotonou;

1) is it possible to go to the packs on your own and negotiate on the cars of your choice without inviting the Cotonou Agents first.
2) Can Cotonou agents add to the price of the car apart from the money you will pay to them for the clearing service?
3) In cotonou, we have heard about cases of people stealing items on the purchased cars, how can one curtail this.

I look forward to your answers on this subject promise, regards.

This used to be "Promise 72". Just changed my screen name. Here's the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-288004.0.html

Here i go. Success is not a "spectator sport". What i will advise you is that if you wanna deal in cotonou, go there with someone who know the way around. On the first trip, DONT BUY ANYTHING! JUST LOOK!

You can go 2-3 times just to study the situation of things. Price etc. Hook up preferably with someone who will only charge you for going around with you and will arrange how it will get back here.

After 2-3 times, then buy one or two cars, see how it goes then you will become a pro yourself in the logistics of things. You will meet honest people and meet crooked ones too.

But all you can do is minimize ur risk by being attentive and careful. NOT BY STAYING IN YOUR FLAT AND SENDING SOMEONE!

Car business, like i have said requires your presence. Be ready to drive, travel, wait, be heartbroken, be angry, be happy among other things.

But you have to go there.

That's all for now. Let me know if you have any question.
Re: How Can I Start A Car Business? by charlesnwu: 2:21pm On Oct 26, 2011
i will advise that you see the car first!!!! i have gotten by hands burnt recently because i am a monday to firday person and could not go tere to check the car myself.

anyways, can we do love-vendor my ride naija version alongside with the car selling stuff. have a little connection here and there.

you can holla me on 08034126198 lets start from there
Re: How Can I Start A Car Business? by acl200(m): 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2011
Hello, do you need a Custom clearing Agent who will help you to Clear your Roro cars and container at Tincan port, or you need advice on clearing cost or you have already ship your cars you want to know the ETA.
Contact me
Phone: 08080999930
BB Pin: 2201804F
Acl200@yahoo.com
Re: How Can I Start A Car Business? by FredAuto(m): 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2011
This post is 2009…. Haba
Re: How Can I Start A Car Business? by joeyreports: 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2020
Here are the few things you might need;
- Washing buckets
- Detergents
- Constant water supply
- Specious land where cars can be parked for washing... etc
https://www.nigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/how-to-start-car-wash-business-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Help Car Jerks / ! / 04 Highlander Vs 06 Rav4: Prices?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.