Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN (1518 Views)

How Much Progress Has Nigeria Made In Cracking Corruption? / US Deploys Ground Forces Against Boko Haram / Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN by Orikinla(m): 5:19pm On Jan 17, 2016
“While some progress has been made in the fight against Boko Haram, the terrorist group continues its indiscriminate attacks against civilians not only in Nigeria, but also in Niger, Chad, and Cameroon. Boko Haram continues to adapt its tactics, and is increasingly resorting to using young boys and girls for suicide attacks.”

He noted that countries in the region have intensified their efforts to combat the terrorist threats, improving cooperation in areas such as intelligence sharing.

But, he added: “It is also crucial for countries of West and Central Africa to also work on developing strategies that address the root causes of the insurgency, and notably the underlying socio-economic grievances of marginalized communities.”

Turning to positive political developments, Mr. Chambas cited the “exemplary conduct and peaceful and responsible participation” in Burkina Faso's presidential and legislative elections, held in a timely manner despite challenges that emerged from a failed coup in September.

- See more at: http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2016/01/terrorism-remains-major-threat-in-west.html#sthash.ajuRgzZj.dpuf

Re: Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN by politricks: 5:21pm On Jan 17, 2016
good
Re: Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN by DaBullIT(m): 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2016
Some people won't be happy to read this
Re: Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN by coolzeal(m): 5:39pm On Jan 17, 2016
In order for peace, tranquility and justice to prevail, we need to restructure this country like the UK system of leadership. Boko Haram should be terminated at all cost.
Re: Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN by DahomeyAmazon(f): 5:48pm On Jan 17, 2016
This thread will rot here
Re: Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN by sherrylo: 5:56pm On Jan 17, 2016
Thank God @least some recognition
Re: Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN by Orikinla(m): 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2016
DahomeyAmazon:
This thread will rot here
The topic is all over Twitter, Aso Villa, BBC Hausa, VOA Hausa, DW Hausa, Daily Trust, Leadership, NTA, Channels TV, Vanguard, Punch, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
Re: Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
Sai Buhari
Re: Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN by abduljabbar4(m): 6:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
As far as I'm concerned the war has been won although not 100%. I'm sure the wailers will come and ask if the UN stay in Borno. Expect anything from them
Re: Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN by DahomeyAmazon(f): 6:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
Orikinla:

The topic is all over Twitter, Aso Villa, BBC Hausa, VOA Hausa, DW Hausa, Daily Trust, Leadership, NTA, Channels TV, Vanguard, Punch, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
Good news hardly get attention on this board
Re: Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN by APCsupporter: 6:30pm On Jan 17, 2016
We should have been hearing things like this 3 years ago if not for the "dasukilisation" of the funds. God will Punish gej and dasuki

1 Like

Re: Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN by Orikinla(m): 6:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
DahomeyAmazon:

Good news hardly get attention on this board

The Nigerian Army is winning and since I am close to them here, I know.
If the evil arms dealers will not pour more fuel in the fire, the worst is over.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN by modath(f): 6:38pm On Jan 17, 2016
DaBullIT:
Some people won't be happy to read this

Not happy is small, you should be talking hiding under bed (copyright chanchit 2015) or crying themselves to sleep!!!

We shall surely overcome!
Re: Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN by modath(f): 6:42pm On Jan 17, 2016
abduljabbar4:
As far as I'm concerned the war has been won although not 100%. I'm sure the wailers will come and ask if the UN stay in Borno. Expect anything from them

Some will even embark on prayer & fasting for it to continue on order to have reasons to face the day considering the wound of defeatisis is still fresh in their hearts!!

Na we go laugh last, all evil designs back to sender!!

Mynd44, lalasticlala ... see ray of hope! smiley

1 Like

Re: Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN by princemillla(m): 6:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
Now that Un has giving our gallant men a high morale, this is the best time to flush them out finally.

The Boko Haram we know off, we shall see them no more.....
Re: Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN by DahomeyAmazon(f): 9:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
Orikinla:

The Nigerian Army is winning and since I am close to them here, I know.
If the evil arms dealers will not pour more fuel in the fire, the worst is over.
If this news about the UN condemning the military or the government, it would be on front page before you finish typing

(1) (Reply)

The Truth Abt PMB Visit To China From A Chinese Source. / EFCC Arrest Chief Of Staff To Adamawa State Governor(photo) / Onitsha Is One World's Two Most Polluted Cities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.