Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group (955 Views)

Have You Been Dreaming Of Marrying Your Birthday Mate? Pls Come In / Just Recovered 4rm A Hrtbrk / Tatafos (4rm Jokes Section) Meet-up Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by anando(m): 6:52pm On Oct 27, 2006
Its like naija is catching up fast with europe and yankee on issues of racism. Am a young chap serving in Imo state,seriously in love with a young gal. Her family wont let us be simply because am hausa and she is igbo. Is it our fault that our ethnic inclinations varies? I cant live witout dis gal and she cant live without me. My parents understand and are ready to stay by me' but they cant do anything without her parent's consent. So what do we do?
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by chineduleo(m): 10:39am On Oct 30, 2006
well,i think her parents are scared.they have to travel far to see their in-laws.I think, if you really love her and she loves you too.You both have to prove it by sticking together no matter what.When her family is really convinced you can she their daughter happiness.They can't but do otherwise.Lets see if your love can stand the storm!!!! cool
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by pymexys(f): 9:06pm On Dec 05, 2006
love cuts accross everything,
inter-tribe,
inter-religious,
inter-culture,
inter-everything,
some folks dont understand yet,just keep holdin on n pressin on,n get enlightened pple to convice them.

dont worry.b happy.have a smile with this pix.

Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by babyboy2(m): 11:19pm On Dec 05, 2006
nice pix.is the guy in the pix u? grin
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:56pm On Dec 08, 2006
LMAO grin funny one there
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by Eurphoria(f): 1:30am On Dec 14, 2006
anando
there is nothing wrong , just stay strong, if you two love each other the family will just have to get used to it or lump it. You two can not live their lives, follow your own path.
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by EvilSlayer(m): 1:35am On Dec 14, 2006
Yes there's something wrong here, I hate it when folks lie about shitt. If my daughter comes to me and tells me she's marrying a Hausa man,that would be her last day in this world TUFIA angry angry
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by Eurphoria(f): 2:25am On Dec 14, 2006
i dont fuking lie and thats you, let others say how they feel, there is nothing wrong in my books. Got it? you were calling sista a mad person on another thread and you are here talking about your own ppl . pls keep your discrimintion to yourself. i have not said stop it. by all means uphold your belief, but again there is nothing wrong in two Nigerians marrying with the only differentiating factor being ethnic
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by LoverBwoy(m): 4:19am On Dec 15, 2006
EvilSlayer:

Yes there's something wrong here, I hate it when folks lie about shitt. If my daughter comes to me and tells me she's marrying a Hausa man,that would be her last day in this world TUFIA angry angry

so you will kill your daughter if she wants to marry someone that is not from your tribe? cheesy
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by EvilSlayer(m): 6:02am On Dec 15, 2006
LoverBwoy:

so you will kill your daughter if she wants to marry someone that is not from your tribe? cheesy

Oh no I'll only kill her if she tells me she's marrying a Hausa(malam). grin grin grin
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by deguy1(f): 11:28am On Dec 15, 2006
be strong! noting comes easily, because when the going gets tuffs is only the tuff that gets going
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by LoverBwoy(m): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2006
EvilSlayer:

Oh no I'll only kill her if she tells me she's marrying a Hausa(malam). grin grin grin

oh okay, so willyou kill her with your hands or a gun or you will send someone after your daughter
he he sounds like youve killed before grin

what if she wanna marry a pakistani? wink
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by superman(m): 8:21pm On Dec 15, 2006
Eurphoria
is dat reason u choose not to anwser my question all along huh
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by Eurphoria(f): 9:11pm On Dec 15, 2006
wish i knew what question you are referring to
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by superman(m): 1:55pm On Dec 16, 2006
k once agin pls the lady in the pic is dat u and what part of nigeria u frm ! no offence just being too noisy bloood
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by Eurphoria(f): 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2006
yes it is. i rather not say the tribeĀ  wink Blood? what are you? a sarf Londoner? cheesy . Enough info for you blood ok grin
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by whitelexi(m): 3:03pm On Dec 16, 2006
I am from Imo state and can tell u that If her parents are stone cold eccentric about it, there is nothing u can do to change them. All u will end up doing is marrying the girl behind her parents' wish which is no good either. At this stage, not even your love can change stuff.

I hate for a child to be punished for the sins of the father but your people did many things during the civil war that, if not for her parents, your so called love of your life may not have survived that day <if she was born by then anyways>, so while i symphatise with u on one end, i also understand a bit of why her folks are prejudiced.

I think what u need to do is pray to God, because at this stage, it is only his mercy that can help. By the way, are u muslim or xtian?? Because, 90% of imo state are catholics and the remainder are either apostolic or penticostal and so on; If u r muslim, trust me it wont help either.

In all u do, i wish u the best, keep looking at the bright side and believing God to help u out of this one grin grin
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by LoverBwoy(m): 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2006
I hate for a child to be punished for the sins of the father but your people did many things during the civil war that, if not for her parents, your so called love of your life may not have survived that day <if she was born by then anyways>, so while i symphatise with u on one end, i also understand a bit of why her folks are prejudiced.

yes lets stone all the germans for the jews and lets castrate all the oyinbos for slaver trade

i thought obasanjo lead the war against biafra? is obasanjo a malam?
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by whitelexi(m): 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2006
LoverBwoy:

yes lets stone all the germans for the jews and lets castrate all the oyinbos for slaver trade

i thought obasanjo lead the war against biafra? is obasanjo a malam?

You have your opinions about what i said, and quite simply, i'm not about to debate anything with u or anybody; I'm not the girl's mum or dad, and only gave my sincere opinion.
Whatever happens to the germans or oyinbos or even obasanjo is up to them and those they hurt but ask yourself this simple question: Can u give a proportional balance for the number of hausas living in ibo land (as a whole) in contrast to the number of ibos in kaduna or kano alone?
To date, how many times have u heard that ibos went on a killing spree of hausas in their environment? compare that to Jos or kaduna alone.
It happens like everytime there is a small tension and simple truth is our people, especially the old do not like the hausas for anything.
I may be wrong here, but i just aired my views from what i saw in naija before i left the place.
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by superman(m): 10:05pm On Dec 16, 2006
na lie! just make sure no malam de watch over ur shoulder
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by gyara2(m): 10:33am On Aug 15, 2008
hi thonia, u got a nice lips & clean eyes girl!

there is nothing wrong actually, it all depend on both of u anyway.
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by gyara2(m): 10:38am On Aug 15, 2008
My brother, am havin d same probs too, bt i was able to control d situation as a man.

am 4rm north but christian family and she is 4rm cross river, now is time 4 marriage bt my parents said mba and i said dt is d girl period.bt in my own case d probs is from parents nt d girls parents
Re: Whats Wrong With Marrying Sum1 4rm A Different Ethnic Group by MrCrackles(m): 10:43am On Aug 15, 2008
all this inter-ethnic and inter-religious barriers posing threats to a loving couple living happily ever after has to be stopped

for fuc.k sake, what is wrong with this world? i thought it was all about love in the first place, isnt it why opposite sex come together?!

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want A Hot Girlfriend / Expat Looking 4 Girlfriend In Warri / Serious Relationship Leading To Marriage Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.