Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,841 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test (3517 Views)

Apply For Appzone Trainee Accountant / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Mobil Producing Nigeria Trainee Accountant Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by donsilas(m): 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2009
Hello Nairalanders!

I was sent a mail from Mobil this afternoon inviting me for an aptitude test. Find below a copy of the mail

INVITATION FOR APTITUDE & SKILL TESTS

We refer to your application for the recently advertised Accountants'
positions in our organization, and hereby invite you to participate in a
series of tests which form part of our recruiting process. Please see
details below:

DATE: Friday June 26, 2009

VENUE: Liberty Hall, By Germaine Auto,
After 2nd RoundAbout
Lekki-Epe Expressway
Lagos

TIME: 1.30 p.m. prompt.

Please come along with photocopy and original of each of the following
items/credentials. The credentials should be arranged and presented in the
following order:

1. This invitation letter with 1 passport-size photograph attached
2. An ID card, driving license or any form of photograph carrying
identification
3. A 2-page curriculum vitae
4. Birth certificate or Sworn Age Declaration
5. West African School Certificate or its equivalent
6. Degree Certificate(s) or Statement(s) of Result
7. Professional Certificates
8. NYSC Discharge or exemption Certificate (currently serving corps
members should come with their NYSC ID Card)
9. Offer letters by past and or present employer(s) as a proof of
your years of experience (if applicable)
10. Writing materials (pencil, biro, sharpner & eraser) and a calculator.

Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by donsilas(m): 2:58pm On Jun 22, 2009
You guys can check the email addresses you used when sending your application!!!
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by similu: 3:36pm On Jun 22, 2009
Also received an invitation, anybody has the text format pls respond ASAP. Tanks
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by wholex(m): 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2009
have they started calling experienced accountants as well, coz av not received any mail.
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by izie: 5:15pm On Jun 22, 2009
i also got invited.plz if there is any1 out there who has any clue wat d test is like shld plz snd a reply.thanks in advance
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by ojehsam: 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2009
i was invited for sat 27 also, kindly help with hint
Thanks.
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by similu: 5:44pm On Jun 22, 2009
If the format has not been changed should still be the same as below, got d info from a test formart site sometime last year.

MOBIL

The test format for Mobil Producing Nigeria-Graduate trainee position is as follows:
1. Verbal reasoning that will last for under 30 minutes and are 40 questions, basically you will be given a short passage and will be required to answer a, b, or c to assumptions made based on the contents of the passage.
a- You agree with what the statement says
b - You disagree with the statement based on what is in the passage
c- You can't tell from the passage if the statement is correct

2. Numerical reasoning - 35 minutes 35 questions, You get to use a calculator, basic stuff, You are given a data sheet with graphs and charts and asked questions from the chart, easy stuff, the only problem is flipping the pages back and forth to get to the data sheet from the question page, Mobil should do something about that, it wastes valuable time.

3. Diagrammatical reasoning- If you did NLNG, Chevron, or any of those tests on diagrams you ought to be used to this by now, anyways it is very simple. 16 mins 40 questions

4. For discipline test- 48 questions in sixty minutes. Not sure of the coverage though.

Anyone with updates.
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by Simplesoul(f): 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2009
pls cud anyone give us an insight to how Mobil tests are conducted and what to expect. i was just invited for the Accountant skill test today. i have no idea of what to expect. House, i need your assistance. Thanks
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by barry06(m): 3:43am On Jun 23, 2009
Hello People,

I applied for Experienced Accountant with UYO as test centre. Has anyone bn invited to UYO test venue yet?
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by Agbo2(m): 10:45am On Jun 24, 2009
I chose to write at Uyo centre but I was invited to Lagos for the test.
I just saw my mail today and am to write today.
I hope I will be allowed to write if I show up on saturday?
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by cutesy(f): 1:39pm On Jun 24, 2009
;d
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by POSIBILITY(m): 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2009
@Agbo2
YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO WRITE THE TEST ON SATURDAY. YOU CAN MAIL THE E-MAIL ADDRESS THAT SENT THE MESSAGE TO YOU TI COMFIRM.
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by amune1: 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2009
please could those who went for the test today kindly give us an insight of what happened.Thank you
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by ObamaUS: 8:57am On Jun 25, 2009
i wrote the test yesterday and to be honest,it was a hell of a test, there were 3 areas, verbal,numerical and abstract reasoning,
the verbal{true,false and cannot say} seems to be the easiest but time is the major wahala, the abstract can drive one crazy[40questions] to be answered in 20mins.The abstarct is purely diagrams and i dont think there is any way u can finish it within the stipulated time.
The numerical stuff is just mathematics made of diagrams,tables etc and 20 qustions to be answered in 20 mins too, u are not allowed to use calculator,
in total u have 1 hour to answer the whole questions, the first aspect is verbal,then followed by numerical and the 3rd is abstarct.

my advice is that u dont even read any GMAT stuff as they are not even applicable, just be very fast and try to be accurate as well, do ur best and leave the rest for God and Mobil to sort out, dont stress ursef b4 the exams.Catch enough sleep like babies and dont even open any book to prepare, e no go work,

if u are successful in this test,u will be notofied in 3weeks time to come and take accounting test questiions, GOOD LUCK AND MAY God help us all, if it's God's will u end in mobil,even YARADUA cant stop u, IT IS WELL FOLKS
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by Sexyuhlala(f): 12:43pm On Jun 25, 2009
God Bless You, ObamaUS.

l was invited for the test too but in lagos. l bought my tickets online yday (To and From Lagos, l am in Port harcourt) only for me to check my mail this morning and saw that my venue has been changed to Uyo which was my preferred centre when l applied. l called lady that sent the mail to me and she was rather rude, saying that Mobil is not refunding any money to anybody. l never even asked for a refund, all l wanted to know was if l could still write in Lagos, she just dropped the phone on me. Now l'm confused as to what to so. People are telling me to go to Uyo and write the test.

What do u guys think?
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by jabdata: 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2009
Guys how do i get the number to call. I was sent a mail to write in Lagos. Now I am in Lagos I just received a mail for Uyo. What do I do? I ned a number to call please can someone help.

Thank you
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by Sexyuhlala(f): 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2009
call mosun on 08026347174. prepare your mind cuz she mite be rude to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. takia
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by jabdata: 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2009
Thanks
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by jabdata: 3:59pm On Jun 25, 2009
Possibility what do u think i was invited to Lagos. and now I have come to Lagos all the way from abuja. I just received a mail that my test center has been changed to Uyo. I don't know what to do now
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by jabdata: 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2009
Possibility what do u think i was invited to Lagos. and now I have come to Lagos all the way from abuja. I just received a mail that my test center has been changed to Uyo. I don't know what to do now.

I have been callin Mosun she doesnt pick either.
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by POSIBILITY(m): 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2009
@jabdata
where is the venue and time of the test of the test in Uyo
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by wholex(m): 5:02pm On Jun 25, 2009
those that av sat for the text , how was it . give us gist.
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by nethacker(m): 5:30pm On Jun 25, 2009
@house pls for those of u that were text to come to uyo on saturday,pls call the number that sent u a txt to confirm.A colleague in my office just called and was told that it has been postponed till nxt week saturday but still in uyo so pls call to confirm now now
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by Agbo2(m): 9:10pm On Jun 25, 2009
Can someone please confirm date and time for Uyo centre?
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by deariekay(m): 11:09am On Jun 26, 2009
i will be writing the test on 29th june(monday) 1.30pm .u can ride with me if u stays in ogba area.call 07030094999 or 08098071777

kay.
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by ehinor(m): 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2009
I think this Mobil guys are taken people for granted. You invited experienced people , who already have jobs, for a test in Lagos on Monday, only for you to send them a mail on saturday between 5pm and 6pm cancelling the test. Most of these guys are already in Lagos and would probably not read their mails before then. Having travelled from far and near to get lagos, it will be most unfair to cancel the test. Who will bear all the expenses and time. What other excuses are these guys going to give in their respective places of work. Is this the kind of place people are seeking to work?
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by POSIBILITY(m): 8:24am On Jun 29, 2009
the test will take place in Uyo on 4th July,2009 @ EEMJ HOTEL located @ Brookes Street by 8.00am.
Re: Exxon-mobil Trainee Accountant Invitation For Test by ROBEN(m): 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2009
@ehinor
Honestly, these Mobil people are not serious, taking people for granted.I checked my mail last on Saturday by 5pm only to get to the venue this morning to see people gathering in groups saying they called the lady and she said the test is shifted; couldnt they have sent text messages to all concerned or better still send the e-mail b4 closeof business on Friday? Many guys came from outside Lagos and a lot of us missed our weekly important monday morning meetings. The funny thing is that there was no apology from any of their staff, infact none of them was even around the vicinity to address any of us.

Shameful for a company that called herself a multinational treating people without regards forgetting that most of us are working but just needed a change.

God help us all

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Install POP Ceiling, Window Artwork, Wall Screeding In 3 Months / It's Urgent - Are They Real Or Fake? / Become A Sub Distributor Of Soya Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.