Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,552 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons (30000 Views)

Policemen Posted To Borno Turn To Internally Displaced Persons (Photos) / Taiwan Orders Nigeria Office Out Of Taipei City / See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by yemsat001: 9:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
Descartes:
That's corruption
corruption as how? I believe u didn't go through the write up. Your mind is just filled with negativity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by Demallcrazy(m): 9:17pm On Jan 17, 2016
tolexy12:
So u mean igbos are smugglers and dey no dey pay custom duties. chai! see ipob oooo. please seun, kick this boy away frim nairaland make e go lindaikeji where he fit talk nonsense
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 17, 2016
Demallcrazy:

wailin apostles cool
They just stated the obvious.Those food items may hang their throats.
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
Demallcrazy:

wailin apostles cool

Sorry i don't discuss with kids.
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by Demallcrazy(m): 9:21pm On Jan 17, 2016
Love Machine:
They just stated the obvious.Those food items may hang their throats.
with wat kind of science? angry
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by yemsat001: 9:22pm On Jan 17, 2016
obailala:
But are you aware that the Customs all over the world do seize contraband items and items imported without proper documentation?... Are you aware this is a simple procedure which has been the norm for ages around the world and also in Nigeria even before this administration?... Are you also aware that in the past, those seized items are usually auctioned shared by Nigerian Customs officers to themselves and in some cases, they dubiously re-sell the items to the original owners at criminal rates?

So far there's been no complaint from any quarters about goods being seized unlawfully. I really can't understand the reason behind your angry outburst. Or where your goods seized unlawfully?
Thanks for the information @obailala. I find it saddening when youths always find it difficult to read articles and understand before commenting. I wonder wat u scored in summary@donliv

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by Demallcrazy(m): 9:23pm On Jan 17, 2016
Dominiquez:

Sorry i don't discuss with kids.
neither do I!
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
What if those importers insert poisonous substance inside those food stuffs and after the idps consume it they die,who will be held responsible?There was a case between food vendors vs lagos state kai brigade where the kai seized the former foods and started eating it inside their van.They died afterwards.
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by bllaster: 9:31pm On Jan 17, 2016
PassingShot:
See the perpetual wailers up there!

It's no longer surprising to see them wailing uncontrollably and senselessly since their incompetent lord lost election. May they forever wail till end of time. Amen.

@ topic, it's a very welcome development especially if we consider the fact that previously forfeited items as these ones were practically shared by top Customs officers.
Hey zombie, your Personal Lord and Saviour Buhari got it totally wrong. This is a school boy mistake. No sane country does this.

You dont even know the meaning of contraband goods.

If govt. says the goods were contraband then why go ahead to distribute them to the IDP, thereby introducing contraband goods into the society it is trying to protect.
Isnt that foolishness or does he thinks the IDP are lesser humans compared to fellow Nigerians?
Better still why cant govt. come to an understanding with the importers by purchasing the goods at a subsidized rate to be used by IDP.

Also imagine if some of the contraband goods were pharmaceutical products then are you saying its ok for the IDP to ingest them?
Dont let politics turn you to a mentally derailed person.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by bigtt76(f): 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2016
IDP naaaaau grin

temitemi1:
What happens to the seized cars
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by zingov: 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2016
LordEmperoris1:
So it means customs will be seizing more goods for bubu almajiri people

note that goods are mostly owned by igbo

Apc is a scam
if u follow the rules and procedure why would ur goods be seized? Seizing of contraband goods dos not start with buharis government, its started long time ago its a world wide tin,many of dem bin destroyed many ends up in de house of some custom ofisas,my bro let's live tribalism out of this its a welcome development.if u were in de shoe of a 2 to 3 yrs old child dat lost dea parents 2 boko boys u won'tspeak dis way
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by abdulhosni619(m): 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
Descartes:
That's corruption
What will you call it when all the custom officers shear everything within themselves
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by RonJeremy: 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
Buhari is not only uneducated but a fool that is still living in a military mindset.
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by illiad1(m): 9:41pm On Jan 17, 2016
Elxandre:
Baba has shared the "Five percenter's" goods to the destitutes in Arewa republic... grin

*Runs away*

Over 40 years they plundered this country, . Yet now they feed from our left over

It is the Lord's doing.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by justmenoni: 9:43pm On Jan 17, 2016
And what's the assurance that it won't still be shared like before? quote author=PassingShot post=42070024]See the perpetual wailers up there!

It's no longer surprising to see them wailing uncontrollably and senselessly since their incompetent lord lost election. May they forever wail till end of time. Amen.

@ topic, it's a very welcome development especially if we consider the fact that previously forfeited items as these ones were practically shared by top Customs officers.
[/quote]
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by nnamdizen(m): 9:48pm On Jan 17, 2016
Say no to quaruption

Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by illiad1(m): 9:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
higheredge:
These goods belongs to the Igbos. what have the Igbos done to deserve these kind of treatment from the APC led federal government?

I am always sympathetic to Igbos in APC, can't fathom how they manage to cope
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by Ajiwire(m): 9:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
This is crazy. The curse laid on them can now follow innocent persons. I think this is not right? Some seized items are country ban. Sharing it is same as allowing it pass. Can't the government get something good and better for them?
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by kolaaderin: 9:53pm On Jan 17, 2016
Donliv:
Your comment shows your level of stupidity. They seized somebody's goods and wants to distribute to IDPS. You did not care to ask why did they seize them as if to say that if you were in those importers situation you will be happy. Politics by sentiment is a disease.

Why would a good be seized if not an illegal contraband goods. Goods are seized not that they are not good for consumption but we don't want them in our market to protect local manufacturers and distributing this to those that will not pay for it is a great idea by my president. If u still see this as wrong doing of PMB then u need a brain replacement man.
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by kolaaderin: 9:57pm On Jan 17, 2016
higheredge:
These goods belongs to the Igbos. what have the Igbos done to deserve these kind of treatment from the APC led federal government?

Yes it belongs to igbos at least 90% of it. The tribe that can never be successful legally. Why must u lot bring in illegal contraband goods.
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by mikki123(m): 9:57pm On Jan 17, 2016
Very wrong
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by kunle75(m): 9:58pm On Jan 17, 2016
temitemi1:
What happens to the seized cars

Not included in the items to be shared.

i guess
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by WOCKHARDI(m): 9:58pm On Jan 17, 2016
If those items can be used and are safe, why are they contraband in the first place.
Definitely the owners of those goods will not be happy. It's like robbing Peter to pay Paul.
They have been forfeited to the government by law but still they are people's sweat.
Dispose of them as before and use the proceed to cater for whoever deserves government help.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 17, 2016
So even the smuggled frozen foods that re contraband should be given to idps. Less privileged should eat poison abi? God bless 9ja.
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by danymaina: 10:12pm On Jan 17, 2016
godoluwa:
people from certain region spent millions of money to import items but Buhari diverted the item to the sides of his norther brothers & sisters. I pity those igbo wey dey invest their life savings i hausaland e.g Jim Iyke, Genevieve Nnaji etc thank God sey I don wise & don stop import biz.
. My brother insted of burning the frozen fish, meat, and orthere food aitems that are band why shold they not give the nedi if u get big IDP camp for there I think it well be giving to them as well an the people from the nort also ingage in importation biz ok
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by Ximonak: 10:14pm On Jan 17, 2016
bllaster:

the meaning of contraband goods:

If govt. says the goods were contraband then why go ahead to distribute them to the IDP, thereby introducing contraband goods into the society that you are trying to protect.
Isnt that foolishness or does he thinks the IDP are lesser humans compared to fellow Nigerians?

Also imagine if some of the contraband goods were pharmaceutical products or substandard products then are you saying its ok for the IDP to use them?

Why can't those in government think with their brains(after all the ministers, various portfolios they have in their disposal)

Nigeria needs to be privatised I think then people that knows the job will think rightly and move the country forward

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by EternalTruths: 10:23pm On Jan 17, 2016
Love Machine:
Were those food items not supposed to be unhealthy for consumption?Why distribute contraband food stuffs to people?What if they fall ill after consuming it?Don't they have lawmakers who received constituency allawees on their behalf?

Very soon will be hear an outbreak of disease in several IDPs camp

Let them keep it up grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
buynpay:
Mr Bubu you mean am?

But I think these goods were seized bcoz it is not good for consumption, or are they all contractband, anyway if e no go kill them na good news.

But the Ogas on top will use this medium to move some goods for personal gain
The goods seized here was not on the ground of they being harmful for consumption, but those whose continued importation kills the local production of same.
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by amaechi1: 10:28pm On Jan 17, 2016
calaway:

This is the most boldfaced corrupt so called democratic government in the world.

1. the presidents aid criminally smuggles in forged budget into the senate, and he is still a free man.
2. the government is enmeshed in nepotism
3. the government contravenes court rulings
4. the government violates the right of citizens at will

Those accused persons upheld human right by involving in the scam that led to death of many nigerians?
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by Firefire(m): 10:31pm On Jan 17, 2016
godoluwa:
cc Firefire, vikings007

I don't trust this fraudulent APC government to follow the order.
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by meccuno: 10:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
buynpay:
Mr Bubu you mean am?

But I think these goods were seized bcoz it is not good for consumption, or are they all contractband, anyway if e no go kill them na good news.

But the Ogas on top will use this medium to move some goods for personal gain
Re: Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons by abimic(m): 10:42pm On Jan 17, 2016
With the vandalisation of our oil pipelines in the south coupled with oil price decline internationally, this would relieve the burden to an extent on the part of the government rather than having the goods shared by the corrupt custom officials as was the case in the past. Though, the forfeited goods had being tagged unfit for consumption but in the real sense, we know it's not totally true. The directive is a nice one to alleviate the sufferings of the people in the camp and also ease cost on the part of government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igboho, Akintoye Write Tinubu, Demand Yoruba Exit From Nigeria / President Buhari Dines With NASS Leaders In Abuja(photos) / US Court Set To Release Tinubu’s Academic Records Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.