Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,585 members, 7,820,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban (1651 Views)

Rivers At 50: Governor Wike On His Knees As Pastors Pray For Him (Photos) / I Support Wike And PDP In New York - Man (Photo) / Kaduna Beggars Protest Ban By Government (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by shachris02: 8:11pm On Jan 17, 2016
I listened to Nigeria Info PH FM this evening and got irritated by the level of ignorance and foolery exhibited by some callers.

The first thing you should know is that wike did not Ban protest by anyone. What he banned are ILLEGAL protests that never followed due procedures.

Governor Nyesom Wike has directed security agencies in the state to alert and arrest Biafran agitators who have resorted to illegal procession and assault of law abiding citizens.

What constitutes an illegal protest? When the protest has not being acknowledge by designated authorities.

In simple terms, an illegal protest is one that does not have a police clearance.

Biafrans are quick to cite spain, the US and other western countries where citizens are free to protest. What they do not know, or are convincingly hiding is that fact that before any of those protests take place in those countries, the people involved must get a POLICE CLEARANCE.

Nobody is obstructing your freedom of expression, but you must do it within the confines of the rule of law.

You wouldn't because you are expressing yourself, cause me, a law abiding citizen of this Nation to be discomforted, because I as well have the same freedom of expression as you do have.

I have seen one too many of these so called peaceful protests in Aba. When they start, everything else grinds to a halt. Banks are closed, School closed, Traffic gridlock....No freedom of movement. Nothing.

I support WIKE totally and implore all SE governors to implement such. If you must protest, get a police Clearance.

Udo. cool

2 Likes

Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by kingbasil: 8:14pm On Jan 17, 2016
[s]
shachris02:
I listened to Nigeria Info PH FM this evening and got irritated by the level of ignorance and foolery exhibited by some callers.

The first thing you should know is that wike did not Ban protest by anyone. What he banned are ILLEGAL protests that never followed due procedures.

What constitutes an illegal protest? When the protest has not being acknowledge by designated authorities.

In simple terms, an illegal protest is one that does not have a police clearance.

Biafrans are quick to cite spain, the US and other western countries where citizens are free to protest. What they do not know, or are convincingly hiding is that fact that before any of those protests take place in those countries, the people involved must get a POLICE CLEARANCE.

Nobody is obstructing your freedom of expression, but you must do it within the confines of the rule of law.

You wouldn't because you are expressing yourself, cause me, a law abiding citizen of this Nation to be discomforted, because I as well have the same freedom of expression as you do have.

I have seen one too many of these so called peaceful protests in Aba. When they start, everything else grinds to a halt. Banks are closed, School closed, Traffic gridlock....No freedom of movement. Nothing.

I support WIKE totally and implore all SE governors to implement such. If you must protest, get a police Clearance.

Udo. cool
[/s]

1 Like

Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by shachris02: 8:16pm On Jan 17, 2016
kingbasil:
[s][/s]

nwa biafra grin
Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by shachris02: 8:23pm On Jan 17, 2016
Biafra is dead. Not even Amadioha can resurrect her - cool OWELLE ROCHAS OKOROCHA! Senior Advocate of the Masses

2 Likes

Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by xpac01(m): 8:23pm On Jan 17, 2016
Your stance on the issue does not matter my friend.

1 Like

Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by shachris02: 8:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
xpac01:
Your stance on the issue does not matter my friend.

My stance is the stance of every law abiding citizen of this nation grin including governor Wike shocked

So, my friend, it matters a lot.

I just want to clarify things for some zombies before they risk their lives for nothing tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by thekingisback: 8:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
I not only support it but encourage the Nigerian army to shoot on sight anyone who's caught constituting a nuisance that day.
Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by EasternPride: 8:26pm On Jan 17, 2016
Nonsense! Tomorrow let him go and shoot Ikwerre boys who vowed they must come out in protest.

1 Like

Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 17, 2016
You have valid point Bro.
Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by shachris02: 8:29pm On Jan 17, 2016
EasternPride:
Nonsense! Tomorrow let him go and shoot Ikwerre boys who vowed they must come out in protest.

Don't say you haven't being warned. Before you start calling on your cheesy International friends like Putin.

2 Likes

Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by shachris02: 8:30pm On Jan 17, 2016
thekingisback:
I not only support it but encourage the Nigerian army to shoot on sight anyone who's caught constituting a nuisance that day.

Thank you my brother. The madness is getting too much. I knew the hardship I faced in Aba because of these zombies the last time.

2 Likes

Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by xpac01(m): 8:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
shachris02:

My stance is the stance of every law abiding citizen of this nation grin including governor Wike shocked

I just want to clarify things for some zombies before they risk their lives for nothing tomorrow.
Oya na, use your hand fling am enter front page then run along to radio nigeria abuja.
Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by shachris02: 8:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
xpac01:

Oya na, use your hand fling am enter front page then run along to radio nigeria abuja.

Nah i don't need that. cheesy Wike already did it for me.
Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by DaBullIT(m): 8:45pm On Jan 17, 2016
See people seriously vexing for the OP's analysis

Ntorrr

He dey pain them

1 Like

Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by shachris02: 8:57pm On Jan 17, 2016
DaBullIT:
See people seriously vexing for the OP's analysis

Ntorrr

He dey pain them

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by xpac01(m): 9:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
shachris02:

Nah i don't need that. cheesy Wike already did it for me.
Whatever sha, better talk something else cos complaining ain't gonna change the morons. Let govt dig it tru.
Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by shachris02: 9:01pm On Jan 17, 2016
xpac01:

Whatever sha, better talk something else cos complaining ain't gonna change the morons. Let govt dig it tru.

it's more of a warning that complaint. grin Before they start spamming their friend, Putin.
Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by Keystonn: 9:06pm On Jan 17, 2016
shachris02:

cheesy
so u want the protesters to go to the Nigeria police and report themselves that they are pro-Biafrans and want to protest for Biafra actualization?

It's just like walking into kirikiri begging to be jailed ...

1 Like

Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by shachris02: 9:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
Keystonn:
so u want the protesters to go to the Nigeria police and report themselves that they are pro-Biafrans and want to protest for Biafra actualization?

It's just like walking into kirikiri begging to be jailed ...

if they claim that their cause is just, why not?
Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by Keystonn: 9:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
shachris02:

if they claim that their cause is just, why not?
in Nigeria ?

Well that will be when buhari start obeying court orders

1 Like

Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by shachris02: 9:12pm On Jan 17, 2016
Keystonn:
in Nigeria ?

Well that will be when buhari start obeying court orders

When did buhari over disobey court order?
Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:14pm On Jan 17, 2016
Nobody should test the will of Rivers people undecided
Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by Udmaster(m): 9:14pm On Jan 17, 2016
If South East Governors are NOT in support of Biafra, How do you expect Wike a governor of Rivers SS to support it?

1 Like

Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by shachris02: 9:17pm On Jan 17, 2016
Udmaster:
If South East Governors are NOT in support of Biafra, How do you expect Wike a governor of Rivers SS to support it?

Bros, we just want to keep things in perspective so that the zombies would be taking note.
Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 17, 2016
shachris02:

Udo. cool
I am an avowed foe of this biafran agitation but I think you've got it all wrong with the police clearance thing. There is a substantive court ruling that has laid to rest the matter of needing a police permit in order to stage a protest, and the ruling was against the govt. I think the late Gani(SAN) championed it up till the supreme court
Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by Living4christ(m): 9:18pm On Jan 17, 2016
shachris02:

For nothing u say? I believe u must be living in splendor, but if u are not, I pity u, if u d
poverty dey ride u and u sti get mind to still believe say Nigeria will reach the promise land with this tribalism in it, sir, u must be dreaming.
Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by kingbasil: 9:18pm On Jan 17, 2016
shachris02:

nwa biafra grin

You no dey tire grin grin
Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 17, 2016
Op if you ain't satisfied retire to your ofe village.
Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by shachris02: 9:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
kropotkin2:
I am an avowed foe of this biafran agitation but I think you've got it all wrong with the police clearance thing. There is a substantive court ruling that has laid to rest the matter of needing a police permit in order to stage a protest, and the ruling was against the govt. I think the late Gani(SAN) championed it up till the supreme court

Protest must follow laid down procedures as enshrined in the Nigerian Constitution. Whether police permit or not, they should get the required clearance by relevant agencies. That's how it's done everywhere else.
Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by shachris02: 9:26pm On Jan 17, 2016
kingbasil:

You no dey tire grin grin

I'm passionate about my people bro. I don't want anything to happen to anyone tomorrow....not if it can be avoided.

Now i go to bed. Ka chi foo. cool
Re: I Support Wike On Biafra Protest Ban by MXrep: 9:27pm On Jan 17, 2016
Wike is banning base on the long yoruba propaganda of Biafras trying to take PH. But Biafrans protested in Lagos and Abuja, does it mean they have taken those cities they also protest all over the world without any hitch, did they take those countries?? These so called SS will never cease to amuse us, always trying to make themselves look important

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full Text: PDP Ministers Forum Hits Goodluck Jonathan, PDP Governors / Senate Rules Forgery: FG To Arraign Saraki, Ekweremadu Monday / Exposed! How Amaechi, Peterside Paid Omoyele Sowore Of Saharareporters $350,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.