Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

How To Conquer The Monday Blues - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Conquer The Monday Blues (428 Views)

Onogbotsere Monday, DELSU Lecturer Dies After 'Spiritual Attack' / This Beautiful Teenager Is Missing Since Monday, Who Has Seen Her? / How Our Parents Taught Us To Conquer Our Fears Those Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Conquer The Monday Blues by Bperfectionist(f): 1:56am On Jan 18, 2016
Although we all hope that one day we’ll wake up and we won’t have Monday’s again, and it’ll only be an extension of Sunday, that would be wonderful right?
While we can’t do absolutely anything to change the very existence of Monday, we can only adopt strategies to overcome the Monday Blues!
1) Procrastination is a No!! No!!
Try not to procrastinate throughout the week! You put something off until tomorrow and then push it to the day after that and then pile everything onto your weekend to-do list. Thus, you end up spoiling your weekend even before it even starts. It is not at all fair to your tirelessly working body and soul, since it deserves rest and refreshment after a busy work week!
2) Plan you week
” I don’t have enough time.”
Think about that phrase for a second, how often do you say it?
Days? Weeks? Months? Years?
There is no killer of dreams than those five words.
But have you noticed that the most busy and accomplished people never seem to say them.
Why?
Because they have a strategy and most of us do not.
Here’s a simple way to plan your week.
On Sunday night, in the comfort of your bedroom or wherever works best for you as long as its quiet enough.
Play a relaxing music of your choice (mine is usually classical songs from Adrea bocelli or motivational talks from T.D.Jakes) but whatever works for you is beautiful too.
i) Make a list of reasonable tasks that you can achieve during the week.
ii) Connect and visualize the big picture. ( your big lifetime goals and dreams)
iii) Reflect on last week and major lessons learnt.
iv) Schedule everything – from what time you’ll wake to what time you’ll shut your eyes.
Leave few gabs for uncertainties, and time to finish off last-minute stuffs that matter.
v) Know you won’t get it all done. It’s okay to leave a little for next week, it gives you something to look forward to, anyway.
3) Talk to God
This is the most important aspect to help you conquer the Monday Blues.
Bible verses like Jeremiah 29:11
Which says
“For I know the plans I have for you, ” declares the Lord
“ plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”
It not only motivates you, but makes you feel like you have a three-man walking behind you.

Have a lovely week!

XOXO

Nina

for more visit>> www.blackperfectionist.com

(1) (Reply)

One-on-one And Onsite Training On CISSP In Abuja / My Chick. / Don’t Expect From Human; Disappointment Is Human’s Predisposition (episode 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.