Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" (911 Views)

Money Medicine Scammers Who Defrauded Man Of N31million / Help!!!! Am Calling Out This Woman Who Defrauded Me Of My Hard Earned Cash. / Female Banker Defrauded One Of Her Customers N90 Million, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" by colossus12: 3:34am On Jan 18, 2016
It has been said that a buyer needs a hundred eyes but a seller none. It is a fact that the albatross of online trade is the way it makes buyers susceptible to fraud. There is always a breach of trust between buyers and sellers as there is no physical contact when transactions are being made. If at all there is something I have learnt, it is “ never trust a business organization irrespective of their reputation”. This lesson I have learnt in a hard and bitter way and I am sharing it with Nairalanders so they won’t fall victim to these scammers. There is a saying "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me''. I have already fallen prey to this demonic fraudsters but I don't want any other person to be victimized.

This is my story……………………….

I wanted to buy a new year present for my mum before I travel back to my place of work in the oil-rich Bayelsa state. Though I have bought products on Jumia without any problem, I decided to try other online commerce industry, after all variety is the spice of life.I love to be adventurous. A friend advised me to try Kaymu.
I wanted to buy a 32 inch LED TV and a washing machine for my mum, I searched through Kaymu's website for the products, the search returned products that were relatively cheap . These products had two things in common, a seller named Baba Dayo.
My instinct immediately told me the seller is a fraudster, instinct is our first line of defense ,they say. But I told myself, I must stop being paranoid, after all Kaymu is a reputable company and for them to put sellers name on their website, they must have full details about them, address inclusive.
I ordered for the products and paid 68000 naira online. I got a mail that the shipping for the products has begun and I was sent the contact details of the Seller Baba Dayo, two days later I got a mail that one of the product has failed. I called Kaymu and was told that the product is no longer available and that I should contact the seller for details. Kaymu sent the seller’s phone number 07066113818 and an email address to me.
I called the seller, it was a lady I spoke to, she called herself Stephanie and claimed to be customer care agent of Baba Dayo. She told me they have the product in stock but they pulled the product out of Kaymu’s website because they are on promo. And as a result, won’t be able to pay kaymu’s commission after the reduction in the price of the product. Meanwhile, Kaymu sent me another message that the second product also from Baba Dayo is being shipped and will get to me in three working days. Immediately I saw this message, all thoughts of Baba Dayo being a fraudster disappeared, because I had the feeling that Kaymu has dealt directly with them. When I didn’t get my product in two days, I ordered for the cancellation and decided to deal directly with Baba Dayo.
My plan was to go to their shop, get the product and pay them in cash. When I told Stephanie about this, she told me they don’t receive cash that I have to pay to their account number. After a lot of haggling we agreed that I should pay half and on getting to their office I will pay the other half at the nearest ATM before going with my products. She convinced me by telling that they are registered with Kaymu, and have been transacting business with Kaymu for a long time. I was sent their address and was given an account number to pay to, the accunt details- Emmanuel Elyjah First Bank 3092720601

To cut the long story short, I paid 40,000 naira into the account, which was more than the agreed half payment. I was told to come and pick it up from their office ( Shop No. 42., Main Market, opposite Customs office). When I got to Badagry, I learnt the address was fake.I got the greatest shock of my life when I called Baba Dayo's number and discovered I have been blocked. I used my friend’s number, the number went through, she picked and later ended the call. It was then that it dawned on me that I have been duped . Immediately, I logged on to Kaymu’s website to try their livechat, I discovered all Baba Dayo's products have been removed. It was so quick.
It was then I realized Kaymu”s complicity in this fraud. I believe I was duped by Kaymu’s agent using the name Baba Dayo as a guise. It was a smart one for them but they have forgotten that hundred days are for the thief, one for the owner.
After that, I requested for the refund of the 68000 naira I paid to kaymu, they began to give series of excuses. After a week of constant calls, exhausting 2000 naira airtime, and threatening to bring military personnel to their office I got my 68000naira from kaymu. But the 40000 is gone with the winds
Re: How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" by colossus12: 3:51am On Jan 18, 2016
CC Lalastica

Re: How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" by colossus12: 3:55am On Jan 18, 2016
screenshots

Re: How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" by colossus12: 3:57am On Jan 18, 2016
screenshot

Re: How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" by colossus12: 4:03am On Jan 18, 2016
Screenshot

Re: How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" by colossus12: 4:19am On Jan 18, 2016
Snapshots

Re: How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" by colossus12: 4:21am On Jan 18, 2016
Evidence

Re: How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" by redcliff: 5:16am On Jan 18, 2016
Why dont you report to the police? They would carry out an investigation on the bank account? I cannot buy anything online in nigeria. We are not just ready for online shopping!!!

1 Like

Re: How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" by ademega(m): 5:23am On Jan 18, 2016
hmmm
Re: How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" by Adonis3: 7:42am On Jan 18, 2016
this isn't the first from Kaymu.. Jumia almost tried a similar stunt with me through Paga. After paying online, I was debited yet they told me my transaction failed shocked

I didn't let them rest till I got my money in full.

There's no jupiter that would tell me to pay into their account then come to your office to pick my goods, when I'm not mad. Honestly 99% of sellers that tell you to pay first are SCAMMERS!!!

#[size=14pt]ADONIS3[/size]HasSopken
Re: How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" by colossus12: 9:10am On Jan 18, 2016
redcliff:
Why dont you report to the police? They would carry out an investigation on the bank account? I cannot buy anything online in nigeria. We are not just ready for online shopping!!!

I don't think the police will help my bros, but thanks anyway for your advice.
Re: How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" by redcliff: 9:12am On Jan 18, 2016
colossus12:

I don't think the police will help my bros, but thanks anyway for your advice.

Thats the problem with nigerians..... smh.
Re: How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2016
redcliff:
We are rip or ready for it just that most Nigerians are genius in fraud. But Op should know that he ought to pay on delivery instead of paying into someone's account. talking from experience too
Re: How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" by uctony: 10:27pm On Jan 18, 2016
'JUMIA' A BUYER WORST NIGHTMARE;
Timeline
6/12/2015 - Order 4 items from one cart
19/12/2015 - Last 2 items recieved 13 day ; a good 5 day late, 2 earlier items where also recieved late
- ordered item Solar Mist fan was unboxed and 2 item was found missing; 1. The base/standing of the fan. 2. The solar charging panel.
Till today I have not received my refund. Jumia customer care are obviously reciting a line without any solution.
PLEASE I WANT MY REFUND

Adonis3:
this isn't the first from Kaymu.. Jumia almost tried a similar stunt with me through Paga. After paying online, I was debited yet they told me my transaction failed shocked

I didn't let them rest till I got my money in full.

There's no jupiter that would tell me to pay into their account then come to your office to pick my goods, when I'm not mad. Honestly 99% of sellers that tell you to pay first are SCAMMERS!!!

#[size=14pt]ADONIS3[/size]HasSopken

Re: How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" by porshuch: 8:51am On Jan 19, 2016
Anything called online marketing, pls count me out.

(1) (Reply)

Pilot Who Flew The Airplanes That Crashed On 9/11 Blows The Whistle / Happening Now: Hausas And Igbos Fighting At Water-side Aba, Abia State / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.