Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,008 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks (2068 Views)

Nigeria Bleeds As Pipeline Bombings, Vandalism Wreaks Economy / Niger-Delta Avengers: FG Deploys Team To Uncover Those Behind Pipeline Bombings / Security Operatives Comb Creeks, Hotels In Search Of Tompolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by queentell(f): 7:04am On Jan 18, 2016
COMMANDER of the Joint Task Force (JTF), Ma­jor General Okunola, who led his troop to inspect one of the blown up pipelines at Egwa II community in Warri South West, has said the Army will hold commu­nity leaders in whose domain such bombing took place re­sponsible for any act of sabo­tage in their area.

He said that the Federal Government would do all it can to bring the saboteurs of national assets to book as they were already closing in on the criminals.

Okunola said henceforth, security agencies would en­force extant law banning the use of outboard engines with 200 HP and above.

He said the Federal Gov­ernment would not condone any act of sabotage in the country adding that the act was not only criminal, but, also, capable of undermining national security.

The commander pleaded with government officials and community leaders to give JTF and other security agencies in the region useful information that would lead to arrest of the perpetrators for prosecution.

He said “the pipeline was blown three days ago. We are going to fish out those responsible. It was a mas­sive sabotage and critical to national assets. There is no way we will fold our hands and allow perpetrators to get away with it.

“We do not have our men deployed in the area; that was why they had the opportunity to do it.”

Source: http://www.zubbyblog.com/pipeline-bombings-soldiers-declare-war-on-militants-comb-creeks/
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by ademega(m): 7:14am On Jan 18, 2016
this is no Jonathan, not pdp
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by Diamonddris(m): 7:17am On Jan 18, 2016
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by ify2016: 7:18am On Jan 18, 2016
Na how Government wan arrest Government?

Na kasala be that o.

I see another guerilla war in Niger Delta which am sure Nigeria Army may not be too good for that.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by DaBullIT(m): 7:18am On Jan 18, 2016
I don't trust this source

But if it's true soldiers are combing the creeks I'll say

Cause and effect

They were warned and all those wankers claiming militants are right to blowup pipes I hope you bring out your real guns to protects your overlords

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by clevvermind(m): 7:23am On Jan 18, 2016
it is time for buhari to feel the heat also.

2 Likes

Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by Tokt: 7:36am On Jan 18, 2016
There is no heat anywhere. The new improved JTF with enough arms and ammunition coupled with soldiers that are highly motivated will easily uproot these criminals from the ND. Gone are the days when the incompetent fools starved the military from having the essentials to do their job.

2 Likes

Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by gohzieh(m): 7:40am On Jan 18, 2016
Its nomore tompolo, its now the community leaders. Why can't they be sure of facts before they write stories. I just pity the innocents whose lives are on line for this. R.I.P in advance.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by Rival(m): 7:44am On Jan 18, 2016
They will hold community leaders responsible? How many community leaders did they hold responsible for the boko haram carnage in the north? They should be careful the way they go about this thing else they attract other people into the fight.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by omenka(m): 7:45am On Jan 18, 2016
Very weak propaganda.
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by TechRev: 7:49am On Jan 18, 2016
Tokt:
There is no heat anywhere. The new improved JTF with enough arms and ammunition coupled with soldiers that are highly motivated will easily uproot these criminals from the ND. Gone are the days when the incompetent fools starved the military from having the essentials to do their job.

Enough arms bought with $2.1Bn ?? I thought they said no arms were bought??

4 Likes

Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by queentell(f): 7:50am On Jan 18, 2016
Rival:
They will hold community leaders responsible? How many community leaders did they hold responsible for the boko haram carnage in the north? They should be careful the way they go about this thing else they attract other people into the fight.

they want to cause choas in this country. hmmmm their comment needs probe
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by tunwumi: 7:50am On Jan 18, 2016
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by babyfaceafrica: 7:54am On Jan 18, 2016
Lienus blog
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by disloman(m): 7:56am On Jan 18, 2016
Things that should have be done years ago.What a shame to previous governments.
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by Tokt: 7:56am On Jan 18, 2016
TechRev:

Enough arms bought with $2.1Bn ?? I thought they said no arms were bought??

Where did u see $2.1Bn in my post? Am sure u brought it out from ur anus. Surely, between when this new administration came in months ago and now, arms will surely have been purchased as against the money Dasuki confirmed he gave away.
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by chakula: 7:57am On Jan 18, 2016
The superiority of government is beyond anybody, so that citizens should desist from unlawful acts that lead to dillema.
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by Tokt: 7:58am On Jan 18, 2016
gohzieh:
Its nomore tompolo, its now the community leaders. Why can't they be sure of facts before they write stories. I just pity the innocents whose lives are on line for this. R.I.P in advance.

Tompolo is also a community leader for ur info. The man is on point.
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by vedaxcool(m): 8:01am On Jan 18, 2016
I think these delinquents under estimates our military no one is seeking fights but when it comes we fight back HARD.

The govt is supreme all must subject to the law.
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:06am On Jan 18, 2016
ify2016:
Na how Government wan arrest Government?

Na kasala be that o.

I see another guerilla war in Niger Delta which am sure Nigeria Army may not be too good for that.
Guerilla war will happen in your region and not Niger Delta. Perpetrators of the economic sabotage don't have the blessings of the locals, they don't have the blessings of Tompolo, and they don't have those of community leaders. They are criminals that will be fished out and dealt with.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by jpphilips(m): 8:28am On Jan 18, 2016
Funny how OP Pulo shield is banning outboard 200hp and above just now, when are we ever going to be proactive in this country?
Outboard engines that big on a fibre boat will out run any military gunboat in the creek aiding the escape of militants.
Any outboard above 75hp should be banned in the creek.
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by cktheluckyman: 8:33am On Jan 18, 2016
vedaxcool:
I think these delinquents under estimates our military no one is seeking fights but when it comes we fight back HARD.

Story story story!!! I hope you will continue saying this when civil servants in sokoto and Osun state start going hungry because of unpaid salaries!!
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by ahaz: 8:59am On Jan 18, 2016
queentell:
COMMANDER of the Joint Task Force (JTF), Ma­jor General Okunola, who led his troop to inspect one of the blown up pipelines at Egwa II community in Warri South West, has said the Army will hold commu­nity leaders in whose domain such bombing took place re­sponsible for any act of sabo­tage in their area.

He said that the Federal Government would do all it can to bring the saboteurs of national assets to book as they were already closing in on the criminals.

Okunola said henceforth, security agencies would en­force extant law banning the use of outboard engines with 200 HP and above.

He said the Federal Gov­ernment would not condone any act of sabotage in the country adding that the act was not only criminal, but, also, capable of undermining national security.

The commander pleaded with government officials and community leaders to give JTF and other security agencies in the region useful information that would lead to arrest of the perpetrators for prosecution.

He said “the pipeline was blown three days ago. We are going to fish out those responsible. It was a mas­sive sabotage and critical to national assets. There is no way we will fold our hands and allow perpetrators to get away with it.

“We do not have our men deployed in the area; that was why they had the opportunity to do it.”

Source: http://www.zubbyblog.com/pipeline-bombings-soldiers-declare-war-on-militants-comb-creeks/
na God go purnish una...how many community leaders were held hostage by the army in the north east over book haram,like I always say,I don't blame u people I blame we Niger deltans.
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by queentell(f): 9:19am On Jan 18, 2016
vedaxcool:

You funny which army? DAT weak one. A beg make I hear something
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by EternalTruths: 9:25am On Jan 18, 2016
I see Buhari and his war generals cooling off in an international prison if any ODI is repeated in the ND

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by Remii(m): 9:29am On Jan 18, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Story story story!!! I hope you will continue saying this when civil servants in sokoto and Osun state start going hungry because of unpaid salaries!!
anyway if govt is allowed within govt because of fear of unknown, sooner or later everyone will be out of cash, osun and sokoto workers are not used to mega bucks so they may not feel cash trap like those reach with oyel cash, a stitch in time saves nine
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by queentell(f): 9:30am On Jan 18, 2016
EternalTruths:
I see Buhari and his war generals cooling off in an international prison if any ODI is repeated in the ND

They can't try it.
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by Elosky20: 10:39am On Jan 18, 2016
EternalTruths:
joke of the day. no international court has the jurisdiction to arrest buhari. they should arrest OBAMA first for killing OSAMA BIN LADIN without trial
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by akfeas(m): 10:45am On Jan 18, 2016
I sometimes wonder the job of our useless police force in the country. This isn't a military job. My heart bleeds for the efforts of the govt turning a civil state to a war zone
.. ; grin grin grin angry
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by cktheluckyman: 10:47am On Jan 18, 2016
Remii:
anyway if govt is allowed within govt because of fear of unknown, sooner or later everyone will be out of cash, osun and sokoto workers are not used to mega bucks so they may not feel cash trap like those reach with oyel cash, a stitch in time saves nine

Lol you mean osun and sokoto workers are already used to hunger baa!! Well lets see how that panns out!! We will soon know who will blink first.
Re: Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks by nwadiuko1(m): 10:50am On Jan 18, 2016
those idiots that are responsible for this economic sabotage should be fished out and dealt with........ BTW both GOVERNMENTS should obey the law

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Has Gone Right Under President Buhari? / BAD NEWS!!!! Buhari Orders Major Increase in Price Of Data Plans / Best Analysis Of The Ikwerre Identity Crisis By Pazienza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.