Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Family Guy Representing Abuja As A Dusty Village In The Latest Episode! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Family Guy Representing Abuja As A Dusty Village In The Latest Episode! (2540 Views)

Chiwetalu Agu Grabs Actress' Boobs In Location Photos Of "A Village In Africa" / See How Popular US TV Series "Family Guy" Depicted Nigeria On Their Show (photo) / See How Nigeria Was Depicted In The Latest Episode Of Family Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Guy Representing Abuja As A Dusty Village In The Latest Episode! by Farnsworth: 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2016
Has any Nigerian seen the latest episode of Family guy? "Scammed Yankees" where they represent Nigeria as a dusty wars ridden place... The Western propaganda against Nigeria is on... Every other place in the world is represented with distinctive architecture that is true to that region but Nigeria and Africa is always represented as dumb and false... I know some Nigerians will thing this is not a big deal but we need to project a better image of Nigeria, people seeking to keep us down will keep trying to portray a rubbish image of us, before you know western countries will be everywhere is Nigeria claiming they are bringing "aid", but rather they are stealing our money and subjugating our people. Just like they seem to have done is every African country that has shown potential. I hope Nigerian politicians are watching OO!, planning a strategy out of this western attacks, instead of fighting among themselves, otherwise Nigeria will inevitably become a failed state.

well, I know we have slums but really?

1 Like

Re: Family Guy Representing Abuja As A Dusty Village In The Latest Episode! by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 9:54am On Jan 19, 2016
well we should stop scamming peeps... and besides this is a cartoon, don't you get the joke here... grin
Re: Family Guy Representing Abuja As A Dusty Village In The Latest Episode! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 19, 2016
its a joke.

they do the same wherever they go
Re: Family Guy Representing Abuja As A Dusty Village In The Latest Episode! by seunpayne(m): 10:21pm On Jan 19, 2016
I was just going to post this. I get that it's a cartoon and it's a joke...yeah I do. Underneath the laughs though is a very bad message being sent out and no one thinks it should be addressed? The most recent episode of black-ish had the same theme. And now family guy? Come on guys... Make a joke about theiving politicians or Boko haram and it's fine. Show Abuja as it is and it's ok. It is important someone call these white foolcrest out for this trash. At least get on google before you write your scripts. For the umpteenth time, we don't sound like that in Nigeria. I know the power of the media. Despite the stunts they manage to pull in tiny cars, Asians are still thought to be terrible drivers. Jews are frugal and albinos are aliens. Blondes are stupid, a black guy in a white neighborhood is bout to rob someone....all these weren't thought in a particular school. Subliminally these messages are being passed and we laugh about it. It's time we stand up as a generation. It's time they know exactly what being a Nigerian is all about. The survival instinct. The hardy folks who get up in a corrupt society and still pull off an honest day's work. That yahoo yahoo guy who went into music after his maga paid. The hustlers, the witty chics with brains as awesome as their faces who sound like angels with autotune. Them guys with swag so large Italian designers couldn't do anything for him cuz aba has got him covered. Look Nigerians are more than some prince looking to get off a couple of dollars from so foolish white boy. If they have refused to get with the time then it's time we stick their faces into it. Thank God we watch that foolish show for free. I for say make we boycott....foolcrest papa
Re: Family Guy Representing Abuja As A Dusty Village In The Latest Episode! by seunpayne(m): 10:07am On Jan 20, 2016
MODS FP PLEASE. Will really like to hear what people think. There are other shows on TV that do the same way

(1) (Reply)

What Tv Show Consumed You? Best Cliffhangers. / Links To Download Christian Movies / Jerry Williams, Naija Actor Is So Wow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.