Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Is Lagos A No-man's Land? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lagos A No-man's Land? (2562 Views)

Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? / Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? / Ejigbo In Lagos: A Town Abandoned By The Government. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 18, 2016
Following the colonization of Lagos, the British entered into a Treaty of Cessation with the then King Docemo in 1861, Article 1 of the treaty read:
"I Docemo, do, with the consent and advice of my council give, transfer, and by these presents, grant and confirm unto the Queen of Great Britain, her heirs and successors forever, the Port and Island of Lagos with all rights, territories and appurtenance thereto.
What can we adduce from the above?

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by checkolatunji: 6:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
Okay come build house for my area make I no collect foundation money, make you dey tell me trash say na no man's land we dey. You go see Wetin I go do you.

EWU

10 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by Flyoruboy(m): 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2016
checkolatunji:
Okay come build house for my area make I no collect foundation money, make you dey tell me trash say na no man's land we dey. You go see Wetin I go do you.

EWU

Yeepa! See finishing!! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by mikki123(m): 6:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
Enugu even Kano is No man's land

5 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by YoruBanger: 6:55pm On Jan 18, 2016
What is this obsessive igbo fixation with Lagos sef? ? Is it a mental disease or something? A land that has an extensive history that date back centuries, kingdoms, aboriginals/indigenes, e.t.c. Yet coz the landowners are magnanimous enough to accomodate and sell land to you, you've grown to insolent enough decide to attempt to rewrite their history? ? Only Igbos can try such lubbish.

8 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by gbantu23: 6:57pm On Jan 18, 2016
I HAVE A BETTER QUESTION THAN THIS! WHY ON EARTH DO NIGERIANS LOOKS VERY EXCEPTIONALLY DIFFERENT FROM OTHER WEST AFRICANS, EVEN GHANIANS ALSO LOOKS SOMEWHAT STRNAGE BUT NO 1 NEAR AS EXTREME AS NIGERIA. NIGERIA IS LIKE A COUNTRY OF GENTIC FREAK SHOWS COMPAIRE TO THEIR OTHER AFRICAN STOCKS. NIGERIANS DO LOOK VERY STRANGE. LIKE NOT REALLY CREAUTURES THAT EVOLVED IN AFRICA. THEY ALSO HAVE A VERY INTERESTING GENETIC ADMIXTURE WITH THE ARABS THAT THEY CHOOSE NOT TO SPEAK ABOUT. NIGERIANS ARE DENSELY MIXED WITH ANCIENT ARABIC DNA. SOMETHING ABOUT NIGERIA IS GREATLY SUSPICIOUS. THEY LOOK LIKE THE SPIRITUAL HUB OF AFRICA...BUT THEY HAVE NEVER ON THEIR OWN CLAIMED SUCH AN IDENTITY.

SOME PEOPLE ARGUE THAT IGBO ARE THE ANCESTRY OF BANTUS....BUT THERE ARE NO STRANGE LOOKING BLACK PEOPLE LIKE THE LOT THAT OCCURS IN NIGERIA ANYWHERE ELSE IN AFRICA. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS ?'

My fear is this out of no where - Birth place of AFRICAN culture - is actually a manufactured BANTU race. By the ARABS whom we know did ALOT to play around with races....??!

This woman on the photo is fully black but she can make music like a fucking ARAB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq3wz5IxcPc

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by tsdarkside(m): 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2016
checkolatunji:

EWU

ewu.... grin grin grin grin

make dem better forget the white-lunatics....we,nigerians are the new owners of nigeria now!!!,any part!!!....... grin grin grin grin

come and tell me rubbish,whatever the white-lunatic told you,in my area........................thunda fire you!!!!!................ grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by meforyou1(m): 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2016
checkolatunji:

EWU
I wount give you a kobo. I will just pay all the entitlements in land office, alausa and go and build my building in peace.
Lagos has never been and will be a yorubaland. Tell your ordinary oba, Mr akiolu that I said so
Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by gbantu23: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2016
ALSO NIGERIANS WRITING IGBO Yoruba ...... IS VERY DIFFERENT TO OTHER AFRICAN STYLES OF FORMING WORDS.....WITH ALOT OF TWO LETTER WORDS AND SUCCESIVE CONSONANT USAGE IN THE SAME WORD. THIS IS DIFERENT FOR HOW WE OTHER AFRICANS EVEN WEST AFRICANS FORM WORDS. NIGERIAN LANGUAGES ARE WEIRD. GRANTED THEY SOUND COOL...BUT THAT STYLE OF WRITING DOESNT REOCCUR ANYWHERE ELSE IN AFRICA.....

AM ONLY BRINGING THIS UP BECAUSE NIGERIA IS WORKING HARD TO MAKE A VERY STRONG CASE FOR ITSELF AS THE AFRICAN SPIRITUAL HUB...AS THEY MAKE VERY GOOD SOUNDING AFRICAN SPIRITUAL MUSIC. BUT SO DO SOUTH AFRICANS. SO HOW CAN THERE BE TWO BIRTHPLACES OF AFRICANS. OR TWO SPIRITUAL HUBS UNLESS ONE IS ERRONEOUS.

I MYSELF UPTO NOW CONSIDER NIGERIA TO BE A SPECIAL NATION IN AFRICA.....I THINK THE JEWS FROM ISRAEL SETTLED THERE...AND THEY CARRIED THERE BIBLE IN THE FORM OF MUSIC,.....WHICH GOD BLESSED THEM...AND THATS WHY NIGERIA MUSIC SOUNDS SO RELIGIOUSLY GOOD TO OTHER AFRICANS....THATS ONE EXPLANATION. BUT MY ONLY CONCERN NIGERIANS DONT SOUND VERY PAN AFRICAN...AS MUCH AS PRO NIGERIAN.

IF THEY WERE A GOD DESIGNATED GROUP TO BRING A SPECIAL MESSAGE TO AFRICA..THEY WOULD SHOW TENDECY TOWARDS AFRICAN BANTU DIASPORA. BUT I THINK NIGERIANS CULD HONESTLY GIVE A F*** ABOUT BANTU DIASPORA. THEY ARE JUST SORT OF ON THEIR OWN QUEST, THEY JUST DE DO THAT ONE!

THERE IS SOMETHING ARABIC ABOUT NIGEIRANS SOMETHING THEY ARE NOT ADMITTING TO. AND IT HAS TO BE PUT INTO OBVIOUS. BECAUSE THE NUMBER 1 ENEMY OF AFRICA IS THE ARABS AND NOTHING THEY HAVE TO OFFER TO BLACK PEOPLE WOULD BE FOR MERITS..

I SAY THAT TO SAY THIS....FOR ALL THE GUD THE NIGERIANS HAVE DONE.....BUT NIGERIANS ARE NATURAL SORCERES WITH THEIR VODOO MAGIC RELIGION AND THAT CANNOT BE OVER LOOKED...WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE... AND WHAT IS UR REAL PURPOSE IN AFRICA. I MEAN WE THANK YOU FOR UR MUSIC, BUT SERIOUSLY WHO ARE YOU....AND WHY ON EARTH IF U CONSIDER UR SELF A HOLLY NATION....ARE U DEVIL WORSHIPERS...
Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by T8ksy(m): 7:08pm On Jan 18, 2016
meforyou1:
I wount give you a kobo. I will just pay all the entitlements in land office, alausa and go and build my building in peace.
Lagos has never been and will be a yorubaland. Tell your ordinary oba, Mr akiolu that I said so

The lagoon beckons!!!

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by meforyou1(m): 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2016
YoruBanger:
What is this obsessive igbo fixation with Lagos sef? ? Is it a mental disease or something? A land that has an extensive history that date back centuries, kingdoms, aboriginals/indigenes, e.t.c. Yet coz the landowners are magnanimous enough to accomodate and sell land to you, you've grown to insolent enough decide to attempt to rewrite their history? ? Only Igbos can try such lubbish.
who are the land owners? Is it no Benin Kingdom? The first colonialists before they sold the land and everything in it to Queen Elizabeth of England till perpetuity?
Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by Ugomba(m): 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2016
Lagos Is A Yoruba State. OP@ stop diz kind of useless thread and respect urself.

6 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by meforyou1(m): 7:11pm On Jan 18, 2016
T8ksy:

The lagoon beckons!!!
Abeg keep quiet. Which lagoon? Who has it swallowed before?
Lagos belongs to nobody till eternity.
Is lagos a yoruba name? Land of freed Portuguese slaves Campos and Coker
Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2016
Ugomba:
Lagos Is A Yoruba State. OP@ stop diz kind of useless thread and respect urself.
Please interprete the OP.
Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by YoruBanger: 7:14pm On Jan 18, 2016
meforyou1:
who are the land owners? Is it no Benin Kingdom? The first colonialists before they sold the land and everything in it to Queen Elizabeth of England till perpetuity?

Mehn STFU. You no dey shame?! What's your fvcking business? ? I don't hear the Benin Kingdom trying to claim Lagos or call her a 'nomansland', but you igbos are the ones trying to rewrite her history. If Benin has the guts it should come and claim Lagos as its territory. At least Benin is close to Lagos by proximity. Wetin concern you Fvcking landgrabbers? You can covet Lagos all you want but too bad for you coz your fraudulent schemes are DOA!

4 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by T8ksy(m): 7:17pm On Jan 18, 2016
meforyou1:

You have always been consistently daft. No need to argue with you. In due course, the real indigenes will show themselves

and your ilk will either be deported back to your "land of the never rising sun" or thrown in the lagoon.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by 1after: 7:20pm On Jan 18, 2016
YoruBanger:

Mehn STFU. You no dey shame?! What's your fvcking business? ? I don't hear the Benin Kingdom trying to claim Lagos or call her a 'nomansland', but you igbos are the ones trying to rewrite her history. If Benin has the guts it should come and claim Lagos as its territory. At least Benin is close to Lagos by proximity. Wetin concern you Fvcking landgrabbers? You can covet Lagos all you want but too bad for you coz your fraudulent schemes are DOA!

Pls ignore the dunce, he can only rant online.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by bakynes(m): 7:22pm On Jan 18, 2016
The OP sef is funny it is Oba Dosumu the Monarch the British met when they landed on the shores of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by YoruBanger: 7:23pm On Jan 18, 2016
1after:

Pls ignore the dunce, he can only rant online.

Imagine the e-goat? ? Like say no be pesin/family house/compounds/king dey sell land for Lagos. Are those folks selling the land from Britain, or Benin? Or dem be Igbo abi Martians? Like WTF

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by DiademSh07: 7:23pm On Jan 18, 2016
meforyou1:
The house would still be demolished at the end of 99 yrs if the C of O isn't renewed!
Just as ibo market would keep getting demolished everyday!
That should tell you who owns Lagos as opposed to Anambra, a real no man's land where ibos' head are ransacked daily by the Igala in Aguleri!

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by DiademSh07: 7:26pm On Jan 18, 2016
meforyou1:
Oshodi market beckons you losers! Does that sound like ibo name?
Alaba is the next though! Better go and deliver your people that's becoming extinct in Aguleri!
Useless people!

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by georjay(m): 7:29pm On Jan 18, 2016
iono sha
buh if Lagos is a no man's land why do non yorubas in lagos need to understand Yoruba language to cope...
lagos might be a no man's land buh the fact is it is located in yoruba land..
maybe its a no man's land for south westerners... just saying
;

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by DiademSh07: 7:30pm On Jan 18, 2016
meforyou1:
Whether it's owned by Benin or not, the end game is you losers are no longer welcome there!
Every ibo shops in Lagos must be demolished! Can someone say Amen? Then, you losers will know who owns the city!
Useless folks!

4 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2016
bakynes:
The OP sef is funny it is Oba Dosumu the Monarch the British met when they landed on the shores of Lagos.
I know, smart guy. I was quoting the treaty. I'm Sure you ain't that smart.
Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by gbantu23: 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2016
BANTU DIASPORA. GAD THE RACE.

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by fx45(m): 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
gbantu23:
ALSO NIGERIANS WRITING IGBO Yoruba ...... IS VERY DIFFERENT TO OTHER AFRICAN STYLES OF FORMING WORDS.....WITH ALOT OF TWO LETTER WORDS AND SUCCESIVE CONSONANT USAGE IN THE SAME WORD. THIS IS DIFERENT FOR HOW WE OTHER AFRICANS EVEN WEST AFRICANS FORM WORDS. NIGERIAN LANGUAGES ARE WEIRD. GRANTED THEY SOUND COOL...BUT THAT STYLE OF WRITING DOESNT REOCCUR ANYWHERE ELSE IN AFRICA.....

AM ONLY BRINGING THIS UP BECAUSE NIGERIA IS WORKING HARD TO MAKE A VERY STRONG CASE FOR ITSELF AS THE AFRICAN SPIRITUAL HUB...AS THEY MAKE VERY GOOD SOUNDING AFRICAN SPIRITUAL MUSIC. BUT SO DO SOUTH AFRICANS. SO HOW CAN THERE BE TWO BIRTHPLACES OF AFRICANS. OR TWO SPIRITUAL HUBS UNLESS ONE IS ERRONEOUS.

I MYSELF UPTO NOW CONSIDER NIGERIA TO BE A SPECIAL NATION IN AFRICA.....I THINK THE JEWS FROM ISRAEL SETTLED THERE...AND THEY CARRIED THERE BIBLE IN THE FORM OF MUSIC,.....WHICH GOD BLESSED THEM...AND THATS WHY NIGERIA MUSIC SOUNDS SO RELIGIOUSLY GOOD TO OTHER AFRICANS....THATS ONE EXPLANATION. BUT MY ONLY CONCERN NIGERIANS DONT SOUND VERY PAN AFRICAN...AS MUCH AS PRO NIGERIAN.

IF THEY WERE A GOD DESIGNATED GROUP TO BRING A SPECIAL MESSAGE TO AFRICA..THEY WOULD SHOW TENDECY TOWARDS AFRICAN BANTU DIASPORA. BUT I THINK NIGERIANS CULD HONESTLY GIVE A F*** ABOUT BANTU DIASPORA. THEY ARE JUST SORT OF ON THEIR OWN QUEST, THEY JUST DE DO THAT ONE!

THERE IS SOMETHING ARABIC ABOUT NIGEIRANS SOMETHING THEY ARE NOT ADMITTING TO. AND IT HAS TO BE PUT INTO OBVIOUS. BECAUSE THE NUMBER 1 ENEMY OF AFRICA IS THE ARABS AND NOTHING THEY HAVE TO OFFER TO BLACK PEOPLE WOULD BE FOR MERITS..

I SAY THAT TO SAY THIS....FOR ALL THE GUD THE NIGERIANS HAVE DONE.....BUT NIGERIANS ARE NATURAL SORCERES WITH THEIR VODOO MAGIC RELIGION AND THAT CANNOT BE OVER LOOKED...WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE... AND WHAT IS UR REAL PURPOSE IN AFRICA. I MEAN WE THANK YOU FOR UR MUSIC, BUT SERIOUSLY WHO ARE YOU....AND WHY ON EARTH IF U CONSIDER UR SELF A HOLLY NATION....ARE U DEVIL WORSHIPERS...
Someone is definitely running amok here!
Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by quickly: 8:01pm On Jan 18, 2016
nairalandstinks:
Following the colonization of Lagos, the British entered into a Treaty of Cessation with the then King Docemo in 1861, Article 1 of the treaty read:
"I Docemo, do, with the consent and advice of my council give, transfer, and by these presents, grant and confirm unto the Queen of Great Britain, her heirs and successors forever, the Port and Island of Lagos with all rights, territories and appurtenance thereto.
What can we adduce from the above?

correction

it dosumu but oyinbo spell am as docemo

meanwhile that pact was a pact between dosumu and british when dosumu and akintoye were fighting for oba. Aslo note that this is only Lagos Island and not mainland

The lagos state of today is lagos island + mainland . ( mainland are composed of awori, ijebu epe , ikorodu , badagry etc all ogun and oyo brought together by demarcation of boundary)

Akintoye was king and dosumu did a coup d etat on him as son of king.

if u wan know owners of lagos go ida idungaran ( oba palace) , na there every they. Including C of 0

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by bakynes(m): 8:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
Even the Lagos state today is not the Colony of Lagos of Old. Lagos was expanded the likes of Ikorodu, Epe is owned by my people Ijebu. The mainland of Lagos state today was not part of Colony of Lagos. Most part of Lagos state was taken from the Western region which we all clearly know is Yorubaland. The Colony of Lagos was just the small area of Ikoyi, Marina and Victoria Island. These lands were the sea area where so many people came to trade and catch fish to sell. And it is well documented the Awori's, ijebu's and Egba people traded on that island. Before the Oba of Benin, a descendant of Oduduwa took over the island. So what of the Ikeja, Ipaja, Surulere, Ikorodu, Ketu etc are all Yoruba words, the Oba of Lagos when we gained independence is Oba Adeniji- Adele does that igbo to you so what really justifies igbos calling Lagos a No Man's land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by fx45(m): 8:07pm On Jan 18, 2016
YoruBanger:
After all said and done, Lagos is and will forever remain No Man's Land. There's nothing you can do about it. If in your foolishness, you decided to sell your birthright to Igbos, who is to blame? The owner of the land is the one whose name is on the C of O. He's the landlord.

The Igbos would continue invading Lagos like locusts till we force you all to make an emergency retreat back to your native Yoruba hinterlands of Osogbo, Ogbomoso, Ile-Ife, Ilesa, Ado-Ekiti, Okitipupa, Ilaro, etc. These Yoruba hinterlands are fertile lands for cocoa farming. Yorubas should go back to their roots and rediscover themselves.

Ilorin has been taken, the Ijaws are set to retake Ondo, Lagos has been overran by invading economic giants from the lands where the sun rises. On the other hand, the sun is about to set on Yorubaland. I see darkness looming on the horizon. It is now clear even for the blind to see that there will be an Igbo governor in Lagos by 2027 if Nigeria tarries. Yorubas should brace up for the final onslaught.

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 18, 2016
quickly:

correction

it dosumu but oyinbo spell am as docemo

meanwhile that pact was a pact between dosumu and british when dosumu and akintoye were fighting for oba. Aslo note that this is only Lagos Island and not mainland

Akintoye was king and dosumu did a coup d etat on him as son of king.

if u wan know owners of lagos go ida idungaran ( oba palace) , na there every they. Including C of 0
This is a better explanation than the ones I see up.
Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by YoruBanger: 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2016
fx45:
After all said and done, Lagos is and will forever remain No Man's Land. There's nothing you can do about it. If in your foolishness, you decided to sell your birthright to Igbos, who is to blame? The owner of the land is the one whose name is on the C of O. He's the landlord.

The Igbos would continue invading Lagos like locusts till we force you all to make an emergency retreat back to your native Yoruba hinterlands of Osogbo, Ogbomoso, Ile-Ife, Ilesa, Ado-Ekiti, Okitipupa, Ilaro, etc. These Yoruba hinterlands are fertile lands for cocoa farming. Yorubas should go back to their roots and rediscover themselves.

Ilorin has been taken, the Ijaws are set to retake Ondo, Lagos has been overran by invading economic giants from the lands where the sun rises. On the other hand, the sun is about to set on Yorubaland. I see darkness looming on the horizon. It is now clear even for the blind to see that there will be an Igbo governor in Lagos by 2027 if Nigeria tarries. Yorubas should brace up for the final onslaught.

Yinmu. Rantings of an ant. When the time is right, whether Biafra comes or not, we will deport you all back to your erosion-ravaged land -- Fashola already set the precedent. And if you all try any shyt in the meantime, the Lagoon is there to accomodate your carcasses. You people don't know who/what you are up against. You have collectively never won any battle or war in your entire history. The only offensive y'all attempted during the Civil war was commandeered by a Yorubaman (in the person of Victor Banjo), and even then he and his ragtag boyscouts were repelled back to your enclave while una remained on the defensive in your ever-shrinking territory for the remainder of the war, before being dealt a final blow that cost you all over 2million lives. You people will never learn but we will keep teaching you till you do.

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A No-man's Land? by DiademSh07: 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2016
fx45:

LOL!
Your C of O expires after 99yrs unless renewed else, it would be demolished just like your phantom wealth and shops got demolished in a day at Oshodi!
You hopeless losers really loves being imaginative! Who would sell election tickets to you losers this time around, especially after you've shown your card too early? Have you forgotten the likes Obanikoro and Yoruba chiefs sold the Pdp tickets to you losers in the last election, of which all Yoruba are regretting!
Like I said earlier, Anambra is more of a no man's land where ibos head are collected as trophies in Aguleri!
Shameless losers!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did Governor Wike Really Make This Statement? If He Did, It's Time To Order / Have You Heard About Late Senator Obi Wali? / When Will Nnamdi Kanu, Ipob Leader, Visit Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.