Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,604 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu (940 Views)

"I will tone down my criticism of Buhari because of Fashola" – Fayose (Video) / Why I Disagree With Fayose On Buhari – Kashamu / Be Patient With Buhari, Kashamu Begs Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by catchfun: 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2016
Senator Buruji Kashamu, representing Ogun East Senatorial District, has enjoined members of the opposition parties in the country to desist from unnecessary criticism stressing they should exhibit maturity by having a balanced view on the activities of the present administration in the country.
According to him, this became imperative to encourage those in power to be focused on the business of developing the country.
Kashamu, stated this at his Ijebu Igbo home town when he spoke at an empowerment programme organised by Omo Ilu Foundation for over four thousand people across the twenty local government area of the state.
The senator who scored the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari 70%, disclosed that some of his associates were unhappy with him supporting PMB but maintained that he would always support good governance irrespective of party affiliation.
He, however, mentioned the Treasury Single Account, TSA and the Bank Verification Number, BVN as examples of good policies and ways to fight corruption stressing corruption must be defeated for Nigeria to move forward.
His words: “Opposition is not all about criticising. When a government scores seven out of ten, we should not be shouting about three, we should commend the seven.
“Some associates have quarrelled with me for supporting President Buhari; we should separate politics form party.
“I am a PDP member but that does not mean I should not say the truth. Look at the TSA and the BVN. These are good initiatives that are so far successful.
“We must fight corruption to a standstill for us to move forward and I think Buhari is doing fine”.
The Senator, therefore, urged Nigerians to be patient with the present administration saying the present effort is the foundation for a better country.
“Things have really gone bad and it takes time to fix the economy especially with the fall in international oil prices. Buhari is not responsible for the fall so we should be patient with the president.”
Commenting on individuals in the PDP currently facing corruption investigations, Kashamu drew a distinction between individuals and parties saying “sins of officials cannot be visited on the party” insisting that PDP is a party of integrity.
“There is a distinction between parties and individuals. Parties may give people opportunity to serve but these individuals are responsible for their own action. So PDP, in spite of individuals facing trials, is a party of integrity.” He submitted.
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2016/01/desist-unnecessary-criticism-buhari-kashamu/
lalasticlala,obinoscopy
Re: Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by emamos: 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2016
Naija Politicians...It is well
Re: Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by Osakah24(m): 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2016
Fear fear

2 Likes

Re: Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by Tolexander: 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2016
The senator who scored the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari 70%, disclosed that some of his associates were unhappy with him supporting PMB but maintained that he would always support good governance irrespective of party affiliation.
The fear of being extradited to US is the beginning of wisdom!

3 Likes

Re: Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by emamos: 7:15pm On Jan 18, 2016
Tolexander:
The fear of being extradited to US is the beginning of wisdom!

1 Like

Re: Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by playtheblues(f): 7:23pm On Jan 18, 2016
Dear Kashamu,

Where were you when APC members criticised gentle GEJ left, right and centre?
Re: Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by Khd95(m): 7:25pm On Jan 18, 2016
God bless pmbsmiley
Re: Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by DropShot: 7:28pm On Jan 18, 2016
Kashamu making sense since the coming of PMB in the hope the president will not show interest in his repatriation case.

I like his style sha. It's a strategy of "don't throw stones if you live in glass house".

4 Likes

Re: Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by teadrake(m): 7:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
Kashamu,Nigerian student association has decided to reward you once more after withdrawing the formal award you received months back for this comment of yours
Re: Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by Yhinkss(m): 8:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
As much as I support his statement I am not in for sycophants.
His sins will be visited upon him if found of any infraction in government. No sentiment
Re: Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by Day169: 8:16pm On Jan 18, 2016
Haven't heard from Senator Kashamu in a while.
I guess he's finally finding his breath after the close shave with men of NDLEA last year.
P.S. ..won't be surprised if he decamps to the APC anytime soon.
Re: Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by fistonati(m): 8:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
Kashamu too wan decamp. Isoryte
Re: Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by merry02(m): 8:53pm On Jan 18, 2016
Drug Barron like this fool should be put in prison
Re: Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by jbbaba(m): 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
Kashamu weldone Oooooooo all is well
Re: Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by lawydewy(m): 10:29pm On Jan 18, 2016
Although he may be acused of drug Barron bit that doesn't say he should criticized the government .
Re: Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by razid: 10:48pm On Jan 18, 2016
If you see any PDP member supporting the anti-corruption drive of this administration, what it means is that such person was left out of the yam-eating jamborees of the previous administration. The reverse is also true: if any PDP member is shouting that this fight is witch-hunting, he or she is definitely part of the yam-eating jamboree.
Re: Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by laidian(m): 10:58pm On Jan 18, 2016
Don't know may be na only my nose they smell decampment.
Re: Desist From Unnecessary Criticism Of Buhari – Kashamu by AbleGodAlways: 12:07am On Jan 19, 2016
Why.?

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Patience Jonathan And Obasanjo Laughing & Hugging At An Event / Kano State Governor Caught Sleeping At A Function / Violence Has Erupted In The Gwagwalada Office Of The INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.