Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,495 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? (2143 Views)

Naira Gains On Better Than Expected Economic Growth / Ifeanyi Ubah Hanging Out With Nigerians In London. Photos / Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by AmeLonRo(m): 7:26pm On Jan 18, 2016
I have heard and read about people wanting to travel abroad to work to earn dollar. Some of those who succeed eventually complain about the very high standard of living which leave them with no savings. Most Nigerians abroad do menial jobs that they cant do at home!
There is rumour that Donald Trump want t send Nigerians in the US away if he becomes the president. But really are Nigerians doing well in the US compared with if they stayed in Nigeria and work the way they work in the US?
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 18, 2016
certainly yes. there is no level playing ground between colleagues in the developed countries and the third tier countries. i saw an 18 year old purchase a site well over $5000 on flippa. it's unspeakable in the Nigerian setting
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by AmeLonRo(m): 3:14am On Jan 19, 2016
radiokilla:
certainly yes. there is no level playing ground between colleagues in the developed countries and the third tier countries. i saw an 18 year old purchase a site well over $5000 on flippa. it's unspeakable in the Nigerian setting

He purchased a website for 1 million naira ($5000)? I know of Nigerians who do more than that online here in Nigeria despite the huge sums we pay for internet and down time sometimes. In advanced climes they do not experience internet issues as such. Nigerians still press on despite.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 19, 2016
AmeLonRo:

He purchased a website for 1 million naira ($5000)? I know of Nigerians who do more than that online here in Nigeria despite the huge sums we pay for internet and down time sometimes. In advanced climes they do not experience internet issues as such. Nigerians still press on despite.
you know of 18 year old Nigerian internet marketers who buy stuffs in the range of $5000 with their hard earned money? you must be kidding
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 19, 2016
A lot of Nigerians are making serious money both in local and foreign currency; and they have never stepped foot outside the shores of Nigeria. There's too much money in Nigeria my people, but Nigerians just refuse to see beyond their nose.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by AmeLonRo(m): 9:50pm On Jan 19, 2016
I know of someone who heads a department in an insurance company in Lagos. he won the visa lottery then but he refused to go because he believes he is doing fine in Nigeria already. To him travelling to US to begin all over again is not advisable. Your views?
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by AmeLonRo(m): 6:51am On Jan 26, 2016
But some are crazily wanting to travel not knowing that all over there is over regulated combined with the fierce weather.
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:18am On Jan 26, 2016
I have a friend who was doing well with his laundry business. Two years down the line, he has been saving to jet out. He did, after he was able to saved almost a million. He gave the laundry to his brother who is now doing very well because of previous customers and workers.

One yr later, he opened up: dude, I shld come back, but I can't come back to laundry because people will feel somehow. And I can't ask my bro to send me cash cos it feels somehow. I worked like four places a day and its killing me. Gotta pay for alot of things. I need to really make it befpre thinking of coming back for life!
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by AmeLonRo(m): 6:56pm On Jan 26, 2016
I know of a lawyer who travelled to Brazil and came back with nothing. the items he shared to save face were bought from Oshodi, Lagos. lets share experiences of the good side and the other so that others can learn.
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by mrsage(m): 10:38pm On Jan 26, 2016
radiokilla:

Trust me. This is not enough to draw a conclusion. Just one case can be regarded as an isolated case.
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
AmeLonRo:
But some are crazily wanting to travel not knowing that all over there is over regulated combined with the fierce weather.

What fierce weather? Keep stroking yourself.
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 26, 2016
AmeLonRo:
I know of someone who heads a department in an insurance company in Lagos. he won the visa lottery then but he refused to go because he believes he is doing fine in Nigeria already. To him travelling to US to begin all over again is not advisable. Your views?

My view is that he took available spot from someone that could have used it angry
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by AmeLonRo(m): 2:05am On Jan 27, 2016
EgunMogaji:

What fierce weather? Keep stroking yourself.

Am not kidding, in some places when it is cold its very cold and when it is hot it is extremely hot. Its in the extreme in both cases. Ice rain, snow, and then heat oozing from the soil, etc.
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:52am On Jan 27, 2016
AmeLonRo:

Am not kidding, in some places when it is cold its very cold and when it is hot it is extremely hot. Its in the extreme in both cases. Ice rain, snow, and then heat oozing from the soil, etc.

Is it by force to leave in Atlanta or Phoenix?

Come to Southern California and enjoy year round perfect weather or go to Hawaii.
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by AmeLonRo(m): 7:00am On Jan 27, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Is it by force to leave in Atlanta or Phoenix?

Come to Southern California and enjoy year round perfect weather or go to Hawaii.

Agreed my broda, but people in california have complained about the winter cold which is rather much this year. What about the heat in Oklahoma and the cold too when its cold? They all at extreme when they occur IN THEIR SEASON now!
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 27, 2016
AmeLonRo:

Agreed my broda, but people in california have complained about the winter cold which is rather much this year. What about the heat in Oklahoma and the cold too when its cold? They all at extreme when they occur IN THEIR SEASON now!

You're making excuses. I commute to work and back on a motorcycle so it's not that cold.

Their are very temperate regions in the US.
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by BLWeb: 7:45am On Jan 27, 2016
AmeLonRo:
I have heard and read about people wanting to travel abroad to work to earn dollar. Some of those who succeed eventually complain about the very high standard of living which leave them with no savings. Most Nigerians abroad do menial jobs that they cant do at home!
There is rumour that Donald Trump want t send Nigerians in the US away if he becomes the president. But really are Nigerians doing well in the US compared with if they stayed in Nigeria and work the way they work in the US?

There is no definite answer to your question. Every one will say what is relative to their experience and what they have heard people say. So no true answer at all to what you are asking us.
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by XD3G: 9:23am On Jan 27, 2016
BLWeb:

There is no definite answer to your question. Every one will say what is relative to their experience and what they have heard people say. So no true answer at all to what you are asking us.

Exactly!
This is an inconclusive discussion.

Whatever works for you. If staying here makes sense to you,feel free to,and if you have to travel out,please be my guest!

You can't generalize on a topic like this,except you have a biased point of view already.
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 27, 2016
I want Jand!
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by AmeLonRo(m): 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
Some black guys were killed within the past 1 week in Dallas by police. is it worth it to leave your home country self? The huzzle is real back home and you can always see your people to look up to. its a different ball game abroad but all people wants to show they have some things to offer from abroad.
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by AmeLonRo(m): 8:04am On Feb 23, 2017
Hello again,
Now with the Trump administrations policies, is it still worth it to leave ones country enmass in search of greener pasture? The energy we put abroad if we put it in our home country things will improve for us.
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by AmeLonRo(m): 1:07am On Jun 13, 2018
radiokilla:
Interesting
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by AmeLonRo(m): 1:10am On Jun 13, 2018
A lot of Nigerians are making serious money both in local and foreign currency; and they have never stepped foot outside the shores of Nigeria. There's too much money in Nigeria my people, but Nigerians just refuse to see beyond their nose.
Once God shows us the way we will make it.
Re: Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? by Oceannaagent: 11:53am On Jun 19, 2018
Have to mention you here AmeLonRo. Saw your question about investment opportunity in Treasury Bill thread would have commented but don't want to derail.

So I am suggesting diversifying maybe into Real Estate.
Yes of cause it is a better alternative especially where location will be profitable.

Now let's look at another dimension of Real Estate. In Grenadines Homes we have a project called The Oceanna Hotel and Towers.

check www.theoceanna.com
If you feel it's something worthwhile call/whatsapp
+2347034503352 for details

If Treasury Bill will give you a maximum of 15% or at extreme 18% ROI, Oceanna will guarantee you 29% ROI yearly.

NB: will give you every details, including investment schemes we have and also a visit to our Head office if there is an interest indication.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please, Where Can I Buy Mesh Sleeves In Lagos? See Picture Below. / Comment, Read News And Earn Money / Nigerians React,as Elon Musk Set To Unveil New Hotel On Another Planet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.