Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

ESPN Wins Rights To Premier League Games, Setanta Loses Out. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / ESPN Wins Rights To Premier League Games, Setanta Loses Out. (2598 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Premier League Games Live Online / HITV Gains Exclusive Rights To European Premier League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ESPN Wins Rights To Premier League Games, Setanta Loses Out. by tocdee(m): 3:25pm On Jun 24, 2009
FBS:

I watch GOlTV and me thinks they have the best commentator in Ray Hudson. The guy is second to none.
As regards ESPN, well except the hire British guys who understand that football ain't soccer and that the EPL is as good as a way of life, me thinks they can't do much to surpass Setanta. Plus, damn its very strange to me when these Americans anaylse soccer.
ME just try not to listen at all.

Clap! Clap! Clap!

Hearing my dear sport being referred to as 'soccer' makes me very sick. Secondly, I avoid MLS cos of the American accents of their commentators. I just hope they stick to British commentary.

PS: How could anyone like Tommy Smyth?!!
Re: ESPN Wins Rights To Premier League Games, Setanta Loses Out. by A40(m): 8:50pm On Jun 24, 2009
@eldee
Pardon ma oversight thought it was for both audiences but yeah footie does have a long way to go there but i'm sure ESPN would do a good job for y'all they rarely disappoint judging from their UCL coverage
Re: ESPN Wins Rights To Premier League Games, Setanta Loses Out. by davidif: 5:56am On Jun 25, 2009

tocdee,
Tommy Smyth is Irish.
Re: ESPN Wins Rights To Premier League Games, Setanta Loses Out. by FBS: 7:14am On Jun 25, 2009
tocdee:

Clap! Clap! Clap!

Hearing my dear sport being referred to as 'soccer' makes me very sick. Secondly, I avoid MLS cos of the American accents of their commentators. I just hope they stick to British commentary.

mehn. . .na wetin you dey yawn. Ray Hudson of GolTv is an English man and a former professional footballer (played for NewCastle in the 70's) . You should watch these video clips man or google him up. The guy is fantastic.

And point of correction, I don't watch MLS. Same as watching Naija league. (The Latter could be even more interesting). cool grin
GolTv shows La Liga matches and some Seria A,  Obviously you don't know this. tongue grin

For me, ain't no better commentator for now.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aQ7YNYX5fA[/flash]

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY4J2cQPn4I[/flash]
Re: ESPN Wins Rights To Premier League Games, Setanta Loses Out. by biina: 7:44am On Jun 25, 2009
FBS:

mehn. . .na wetin you dey yawn. Ray Hudson of GolTv is an English man and a former professional footballer (played for NewCastle in the 70's) . You should watch these video clips man or google him up. The guy is fantastic.

And point of correction, I don't watch MLS. Same as watching Naija league. (The Latter could be even more interesting). cool grin
GolTv shows La Liga matches and some Seria A,  Obviously you don't know this. tongue grin

For me, ain't no better commentator for now.
[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aQ7YNYX5fA[/youtube]

I still can't believe you just posted that Ray is the best commentator you know. Who are you comparing him to - himself? undecided

The guy is one of the worst analysts I have ever heard, whose excessive use of expletives and hyperbole is drowned only by his lack of knowledge of the game. The guy only comes on screen to display his fanboism by screaming praises for a handful of players he feels are gifts from the gods to the game. I have never heard him make a sound analysis of a game or player.

Compared to him, the likes of Trevor are demi-gods
Re: ESPN Wins Rights To Premier League Games, Setanta Loses Out. by FBS: 7:56am On Jun 25, 2009
biina:

I still can't believe you just posted that Ray is the best commentator you know. Who are you comparing him to - himself? undecided

The guy is one of the worst analysts I have ever heard, whose excessive use of expletives and hyperbole is drowned only by his lack of knowledge of the game. The guy only comes on screen to display his fanboism by screaming praises for a handful of players he feels are gifts from the gods to the game. I have never heard him make a sound analysis of a game or player.

Compared to him, the likes of Trevor are demi-gods
First things first. The fella was talking about MLS, which I don't watch and he probably thought RH na Americano.
Secondly, you don't have to believe and frankly would you rate yourself as a better anaylst?
I don't give 3 p.hucks about whoever. RH is the dude that I like. What part don't you want to believe? A million folks will tell you they like him and he is the best commentator ever.  tongue
If to you he doesn't make sound commentaries then you should stop watching the beautiful game.  wink
How can you say he doesn't understand the game simply because he uses hyperboles? It's the hyperboles that I love. grin tongue cheesy

And this is for you:
How did Britain allow its greatest commentator end up on an obscure Latino PPV satellite channel in the US?! (HOW?!) GOLTV fans must be the luckiest in the world and here I am putting up with Trevor Francis and Jim Beglin week to week-Matthew Maloney
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/158006-ray-hudson-the-best-commentator-in-the-world

Here, go through this:
Ray Hudson is a football/soccer commentator for GolTV with a unique ability to coin phrases that defy both logic and belief. This blog is inspired by the awesome enthusiasm he brings to the game and his quest to 'invent a new language in English'.

http://hudsonia..com/

Commentaries boy. Commentaries. . .

PS: Martin Tyler is also on me list.  grin
Re: ESPN Wins Rights To Premier League Games, Setanta Loses Out. by FBS: 8:30am On Jun 25, 2009
While you are at it.  Check this out. Doesn't it give you the hibe-da-ji-bees!!

Ray Hudson: The Best Commentator in the World
“How do you describe magic? How do you describe this? It’s virtually impossible. Roman applauds, the ball’s dished off for Tevez, Tevez is begging for it back, Messi sees, I see you mate!, I don’t need you, watch it, perfect pass by Tevez, Tevez is on for the square ball for the tap in, Lionel says no, I fancy a little bit of Roman in the night.

"He picks one out of Riquelme’s genius book. Messi produces the rainbow and there’s a pot of gold at the end of it, that is absolutely pure class in a glass.”

-Ray 'Rocky' Hudson (commentating on his own commentary it seems at first)

You want more:
. . .
Because he is a legend. He is quite simply, the funniest, most enthusiastic, and entertaining man in commentary today (I challenge someone to suggest a more entertaining commentator in any sport).

The Geordie accent, a vocabulary set worthy of Shakespeare in his prime, an in-depth knowledge of irrelevant pop culture references, or just sheer "orgasmatic" excitement whenever the beautiful game is played, 

This guy was born to be a football commentator.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/158006-ray-hudson-the-best-commentator-in-the-world

Mehn. . .what can I say? That he is not that popular in "Europe" don't mean he ain't good.

And when you are done, smoke on this quotes by Ray Hudson. wink grin
http://rayhudson./
Re: ESPN Wins Rights To Premier League Games, Setanta Loses Out. by biina: 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2009
@FBS
I guess you have a point. Life is all about paradigms
To an ant on a table, the world is flat. cheesy tongue
Re: ESPN Wins Rights To Premier League Games, Setanta Loses Out. by FBS: 8:18am On Jun 26, 2009
biina:

@FBS
I guess you have a point. Life is all about paradigms
To an ant on a table, the world is flat. cheesy tongue
Failure to notice quality is failure in its self.  tongue grin
Re: ESPN Wins Rights To Premier League Games, Setanta Loses Out. by biina: 11:46pm On Jul 20, 2009
ESPN’s Recruitment Drive Begins To Warm Up
They 've recruited Ray Stubbs from BBC
http://www.epltalk.com/espns-recruitment-drive-begins-to-warm-up/9472/comment-page-1/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aguero Jets In To England For Man City Talks / Uk Pool Week 10 Nap / Man United(0) Vs Arsenal(0) On Saturday May 16th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.