Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years (1510 Views)

You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP / "PDP Mismanaged Nigeria For 16 Years" - Buhari / "How APC Destroyed Nigeria For 16 Years" (2) (3) (4)

Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by cnwokike(m): 8:38pm On Jan 18, 2016

Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by 2sex(m): 8:54pm On Jan 18, 2016
if my forex knowledge serves me right, then I can say we have reached the a resistance area.
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by Osakah24(m): 9:14pm On Jan 18, 2016
Explain better the poster above me.I don't have much knowledge in forex
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by obailala(m): 10:03pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hehehe.. in essence let's hope and pray the lower resistance (or support) point is around the $20 line after which the trend 'may' become bullish again.

Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by kurupt1: 10:41pm On Jan 18, 2016
2sex:
if my forex knowledge serves me right, then I can say we have reached the a resistance area.
not resistance area but support .......however the macroeconomics that affect crude price oil are still at play, so expect support to be broken.......
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by 2sex(m): 7:40am On Jan 19, 2016
kurupt1:
not resistance area but support .......however the macroeconomics that affect crude price oil are still at play, so expect support to be broken.......
thanks for the correction. I was already dossing off when I typed. Possibly but it won't be long before things begin to take shape and they goes back up. As you can see, we are around the support area already and I don't think it will fall too far from there.
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by gists: 7:54am On Jan 19, 2016
2sex:
thanks for the correction. I was already dossing off when I typed. Possibly but it won't be long before things begin to take shape and they goes back up. As you can see, we are around the support area already and I don't think it will fall too far from there.
I am not a technical analysis expert, but from the look of things, it looks like that "support" may not hold.
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by 2sex(m): 8:01am On Jan 19, 2016
gists:

I am not a technical analysis expert, but from the look of things, it looks like that "support" may not hold.
It's support. I was already feeling drowsy when I typed. sad
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by smsshola(m): 8:15am On Jan 19, 2016
This oil self na curse abi na blessing.. imagine we don't av oil, may be our case for don be like Japan or Singapore because the politicians brain will function well and plan well.
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by gists: 8:38am On Jan 19, 2016
2sex:
It's support. I was already feeling drowsy when I typed. sad
That is not what I am talking about. I mean it looks like that support is not strong enough. The support may be broken and the price dips further.
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by 2sex(m): 9:38am On Jan 19, 2016
gists:

That is not what I am talking about. I mean it looks like that support is not strong enough. The support may be broken and the price dips further.
from that pic, it hasn't even reached the support area if the current price per barrel is anything to go by. Sure, from the far left, we can see it broke that $20 mark and will likely do same but support or resistance are not specific points but REGIONS and therefore, if it will break, it won't be much deeper than $20, at least $15 before a rebound. all in all, the $20 region or area will definitely be reached and I much sure that is the support region +/-

It's all about history and you know that!
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by 2sex(m): 9:49am On Jan 19, 2016
Osakah24:
Explain better the poster above me.I don't have much knowledge in forex
I actually meant support area. Thanks to my friends who corrected my mistake. In forex, there is what we call support and resistance. Picture the support area as the ground you are standing on right now and the resistance area as the ceiling of your house.

Prices are like bouncing balls. When you hit a ball on the ground, what happens? And when the ball hits the ceiling what happens? There is a reason why they say whatever goes up much surely come down and whatever comes down but surely go up; this is one of such cases.

Price can't keep going down, irrespective of what people say or do.
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by gists: 11:29am On Jan 19, 2016
2sex:
I actually meant support area. Thanks to my friends who corrected my mistake. In forex, there is what we call support and resistance. Picture the support area as the ground you are standing on right now and the resistance area as the ceiling of your house.

Prices are like bouncing balls. When you hit a ball on the ground, what happens? And when the ball hits the ceiling what happens? There is a reason why they say whatever goes up much surely come down and whatever comes down but surely go up; this is one of such cases.

Price can't keep going down, irrespective of what people say or do.
But you forget that people also say the market can remain irrational for much longer than you can remain solvent lol
So don't bet your life saving that will bounce back so soon. We may be in for a long bearish session. But I hope not - just that its better to err on the side of safety and prepare for the worst. If things gets better sooner than planned, we'll give more glory to God.
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by Dahveydson(m): 11:36am On Jan 19, 2016
2sex:
from that pic, it hasn't even reached the support area if the current price per barrel is anything to go by. Sure, from the far left, we can see it broke that $20 mark and will likely do same but support or resistance are not specific points but REGIONS and therefore, if it will break, it won't be much deeper than $20, at least $15 before a rebound. all in all, the $20 region or area will definitely be reached and I much sure that is the support region +/-

It's all about history and you know that!

Yes it's all about history, but times have changed. The current economic trend now plus political implications shows no possible rise in the nearest future.
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by 2sex(m): 12:10pm On Jan 19, 2016
Dahveydson:

Yes it's all about history, but times have changed. The current economic trend now plus political implications shows no possible rise in the nearest future.
I can tell you that now is the best time to by oil stocks in Large number and give it some years to mature... This is how people of the current world made their money. Smart investors exit when the people are getting in and they get in when people are getting out. grin grin grin grin grin

I agree with you your point though
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by Dahveydson(m): 12:13pm On Jan 19, 2016
2sex:
I can tell you that now is the best time to by oil stocks in Large number and give it some years to mature... This is how people of the current world made their money. Smart investors exit when the people are getting in and they get in when people are getting out. grin grin grin grin grin

I agree with you your point though

Of course, I totally understand the business side. But it comes with BIG risk.
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by 2sex(m): 12:15pm On Jan 19, 2016
gists:

But you forget that people also say the market can remain irrational for much longer than you can remain solvent lol
So don't bet your life saving that will bounce back so soon. We may be in for a long bearish session. But I hope not - just that its better to err on the side of safety and prepare for the worst. If things gets better sooner than planned, we'll give more glory to God.
the emboldened is when the market is RANGING... it does not go up nor come down... just moving along the horizontal, more like sitting on the fence. But bro, this whole thing is all politics than economics but history will repeat itself. Saudi Arabia is the major culprit here as they masterminded everything to get larger market share according to what @Bevista said in his post, which I believe is true based on what I have read. It is also stated that Saudi Arabia are silently stealing US shale engineers to kick off their own shale exploration.
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by 2sex(m): 12:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
Dahveydson:

Of course, I totally understand the business side. But it comes with BIG risk.
no risk no reward.... great investors weigh their options. price will not continue to remain down bro but either way, FOREX traders are currently making GOOD money trading oil.
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by Dahveydson(m): 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2016
2sex:
no risk no reward.... great investors weigh their options. price will not continue to remain down bro but either way, FOREX traders are currently making GOOD money trading oil.

Forex traders will always make money in good or bad times. If I am to be cynical, i'll say the worse things are, the better for a Forex trader.

Seems you're also making good money from it all.

Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by 2sex(m): 12:25pm On Jan 19, 2016
Dahveydson:

Forex traders will always make money in good or bad times. If I am to be cynical, i'll say the worse things are, the better for a Forex trader.

Seems you're also making good money from it all.
Not making money from it bro. There are different commodities traded from Gold to Oil etc.
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by Dahveydson(m): 12:31pm On Jan 19, 2016
2sex:
Not making money from it bro. There are different commodities traded from Gold to Oil etc.

Alright. We can only hope things look up in the nearest future.
Re: Crude Oil Price Trend For 16 Years by omowolewa: 12:56pm On Jan 19, 2016
The politics behind crude oil is beyond what Nigeria understands.

The Real Winner In Rivers State Rerun Election And Politics(photo) / Some Few Photo Deveolopments On Eko Atlantic / Fayose Predicts Removal Of Gov Yahaya Bello.