Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest (1141 Views)

Nigeria: Security Forces Kill Oil Militants, Separatists-New York Times / Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN / 'Radio Biafra: Protest Turns Bloody, Four Shot' - Daily Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by OgunNewsFact: 5:27am On Jan 19, 2016
OgunNewsFact:
Security forces gun down 8 in Biafra protest

Hilary Uguru

Nigerian separatists said police killed eight people during renewed violent protests Monday demanding an independent Biafran state in southeastern Nigeria and the release of a detained leader. 

Police deny the allegation from leaders of a cause that sparked a civil war in the 1960s in which a million people died.

Police shot protesters in southeastern Aba city, after protests erupted in cities in six southern states, Uchenna Madu, leader of the Movement for the Actualization of the State of Biafra, told The Associated Press.

But Abia state police spokesman Ezekiel Onyeke said no one was killed and police fired only tear gas and smoke grenades to disperse protesters after some lobbed petrol bombs at security forces. 

It was not possible to verify the contradictory claims.

Onyeke said police arrested 26 people for possessing weapons including machetes, axes and clubs.

Fourteen other protesters and two police officers have been killed and about 200 people detained across the country since the demonstrations started three months ago, according to the separatists and police. 

They began after intelligence agents detained the director of banned Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, on Oct. 17. He was initially accused of criminal conspiracy and hate speech but the charges were escalated to terrorism and financing terrorism.

A Federal High Court ordered Kanu's unconditional release on Dec. 17 but President Muhammadu Buhari said two weeks ago that his government would not release Kanu.

Monday's protests come six days after the anniversary of the surrender in 1970 of the breakaway state of Biafra following a 32-month-old civil war in which the casualties were mostly Biafrans who starved to death because the military blocked supply routes. 

Buhari, a former military dictator in the 1980s, was a brigade major who commanded troops in Biafra during the war in which soldiers were accused of mass atrocities.

Culled from AP

1 Share

Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by sen8or(m): 5:33am On Jan 19, 2016
This is getting messier.
Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by justi4jesu(f): 5:35am On Jan 19, 2016
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by brightology3: 5:38am On Jan 19, 2016
This is nt gd at all
Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by spartoo: 5:42am On Jan 19, 2016
well..
wat do I say? hw do I feel?

1 Like

Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by baby124: 5:51am On Jan 19, 2016
Too bad. Why shoot with live bullet
Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by DaBullIT(m): 6:16am On Jan 19, 2016
conflicting numbers up and down

Hehehehe hehe
Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by NoreenUG(f): 6:17am On Jan 19, 2016
I feel no sympathy for any iidiot who goes out to aimlessly throw his life away in the name of a fruitless protest.

3 Likes

Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by mallamseifaldin(m): 6:24am On Jan 19, 2016
See thick blood...Wasted life....

In biaf®a I stand. wink
Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by Toosure70: 6:25am On Jan 19, 2016
Aboki and Igbo na the same. I trust Yoruba will never die for anybody.

5 Likes

Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by ArodewilliamsT: 6:25am On Jan 19, 2016
NoreenUG:
I feel no sympathy for any iidiot who goes out to aimlessly throw his life away in the name of a fruitless protest.

May your relatives be shot to hell during peaceful protests lile those inmocent young man whose crime was to ask for a country away from you vampires. We must continue to do everything to stay away from animals with dead conscience like you all. You must be made to stay on your own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 19, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

In biaf®a I stand. wink
no price no pay,even if it takes death to be free so be it over 3million of our ancestors already died fighting so we can be free,so why can't we die so that the next igbo generation can be free?a di eji maka mgbagbu arapu ogu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by carinmom(f): 6:28am On Jan 19, 2016
When they were told not to carry out the fruitless protest, they started throwing insult up and down. Now you see ya life?
Anyway they have gotten what they wanted, because according to them its Biafra or death undecided

3 Likes

Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 19, 2016
NoreenUG:
they don't need your sympathy,how can you sympathise with people you loath so much?a day shall come when you will have a date with the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by abduljabbar4(m): 6:33am On Jan 19, 2016
ArodewilliamsT:

May your relatives be shot to hell during peaceful protests lile those inmocent young man whose crime was to ask for a country away from you vampires. We must continue to do everything to stay away from animals with dead conscience like you all. You must be made to stay on your own.

Please can you define peace for me?
Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by Meriekriss: 6:35am On Jan 19, 2016
What I don't understand is can't this ppl be arnd to protest without gunning them down as long as it's a peaceful protest

Check my signature for your breathtaking wallpapers and 3D wall panels, 3D epoxy floors, 3D stretch ceilings and wooden blinds & wooden laminate floors..
Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by NoreenUG(f): 6:47am On Jan 19, 2016
herringbone:
they don't need your sympathy,how can you sympathise with people you loath so much?a day shall come when you will have a date with the truth.

U're an iimbeciile and your emotionally driven but logic devoid outburst prooves it. Cuz if you checked my history dating back to 2014, u would have realized I am more Igbo than you poosibly could, and I EVEN support the dissolution of Nigeria.

am I supposed to feel sorry for them?

only a fool burns down his father's house just because he hates the village chief.

Jeopardising the businesses of your brothers by DELIBERATELY trying to turn the East into a volatile zone unfit for investment all because some shortsighted asshhole in UK was captured for his inciting broadcasts.
Nnamdi Kanu the fool was calling on his poor listeners (who are mostly artisans) to pick up arms and go waste their lives, and he had no backup to support them with o. The retardo was probably going to stay there in the UK while the poor boys died.

It's good that he got captured on time and for such a prolonged period so his blind supporters can see him and his IPOB sect for the toothless powerless imbeciilles they are. Lo and behold, the people chanting songs of war and talking about arming the youth for WAR can't even break their schizophrenic hero out of DSS custody.

Now, they're suddenly calling on the Dullaaardinho to "Respect the court orders".
Do you mean the same court orders you respected when you were calling on arming the poor young boys to go waste their lives so you could use them as pawns in your ultimate SELFISH agenda?
Do you mean the court orders based on the constitution of the SAME country you called a zoo?

If your IPOB cult were as powerful as you desperately wanted the gullible young boys to believe, why haven't they raided the DSS building and rescued Kanu?
The same iiidiiots who were calling on combat fortification.
It's good they have been exposed for the baseless NO PLAN HAVING iidiiots they are. Early enough too.

By the way, how many of the IPOB head honchos have even bothered to pay a visit to the families of the gullible younglings who have so far been killed on behalf of the sect's SELFISH agenda?
Cuz I haven't seen any o. All I've seen them do so far is upload the gory pictures of those slain youth on their Facebook profiles in a bid to draw public sympathy and further their agenda.

What a contenptible lot.

Let the gullible ones keep dying on their behalf.

So Mr, you can keep your teenage brain confined in your skull.
We shall all have our date with the truth, but not on the terms of an iidiiot like Nnamdi Kanu and his motley crew of rudderless nincompoops.

4 Likes

Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 19, 2016
NoreenUG:

U're an iimbeciile and your emotionally driven but logic devoid outburst prooves it. Cuz if you checked my history dating back to 2014, u would have realized I am more Igbo than you poosibly could, and I EVEN support the dissolution of Nigeria.

am I supposed to feel sorry for them?

only a fool burns down his father's house just because he hates the village chief.

Jeopardising the businesses of your brothers by DELIBERATELY trying to turn the East into a volatile zone unfit for investment all because some shortsighted asshhole in UK was captured for his inciting broadcasts.
Nnamdi Kanu the fool was calling on his poor listeners (who are mostly artisans) to pick up arms and go waste their lives, and he had no backup to support them with o. The retardo was probably going to stay there in the UK while the poor boys died.

It's good that he got captured on time and for such a prolonged period so his blind supporters can see him and his IPOB sect for the toothless powerless imbeciilles they are. Lo and behold, the people chanting songs of war and talking about arming the youth for WAR can't even break their schizophrenic hero out of DSS custody.

Now, they're suddenly calling on the Dullaaardinho to "Respect the court orders".
Do you mean the same court orders you respected when you were calling on arming the poor young boys to go waste their lives so you could use them as pawns in your ultimate SELFISH agenda?
Do you mean the court orders based on the constitution of the SAME country you called a zoo?

If your IPOB cult were as powerful as you desperately wanted the gullible young boys to believe, why haven't they raided the DSS building and rescued Kanu?
The same iiidiiots who were calling on combat fortification.
It's good they have been exposed for the baseless NO PLAN HAVING iidiiots they are. Early enough too.

By the way, how many of the IPOB head honchos have even bothered to pay a visit to the families of the gullible younglings who have so far been killed on behalf of the sect's SELFISH agenda?
Cuz I haven't seen any o. All I've seen them do so far is upload the gory pictures of those slain youth on their Facebook profiles in a bid to draw public sympathy and further their agenda.

What a contenptible lot.

Let the gullible ones keep dying on their behalf.
you support the dissolution of nigeria and you want to get it on a platter of gold,keep dreaming.

You feel no pity for your dead brothers whose only crime is street protest demanding the unconditional release of one of their own whose only crime is TRUTH,you even attempt to cover it up with a propaganda that they are turning your village to war zone. The soldiers you are applauding today will bring you unending tears in time to come.

Onye nzuzu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by Demallcrazy(m): 7:15am On Jan 19, 2016
herringbone:
ArodewilliamsT:

mallamseifaldin:

In biaf®a I stand. wink
Pls com out 4 d next protest. grin
herringbone:
no price no pay,even if it takes death to be free so be it over 3million of our ancestors already died fighting so we can be free,so why can't we die so that the next igbo generation can be free?a di eji maka mgbagbu arapu ogu.
mallamseifaldin:

In biaf®a I stand. wink
Pls com out 4 d next protest. grin

2 Likes

Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by clevvermind(m): 7:22am On Jan 19, 2016
buhari!!!
Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by Otapipia: 7:45am On Jan 19, 2016
ArodewilliamsT:

But the op said it was a violent protest. Please read carefully.
Re: Security Forces Gun Down 8 In Biafra Protest by NoreenUG(f): 7:58am On Jan 19, 2016
herringbone:
you support the dissolution of nigeria and you want to get it on a platter of gold,keep dreaming.

You feel no pity for your dead brothers whose only crime is street protest demanding the unconditional release of one of their own whose only crime is TRUTH,you even attempt to cover it up with a propaganda that they are turning your village to war zone. The soldiers you are applauding today will bring you unending tears in time to come.

Onye nzuzu.

Now, read me slowly, dimwit.

I support the dissolution of Nigeria, but not on a platter of iidiiocy either. You must really think you're talking to a gullible, emotional, inexperienced illiterate like yourself who is easily swayed by mass hysteria as soon as one inconsequential schizophrenic iimbeciile crawls out of his hole and screams "Biafraaaaaa!".

Read up on the Scottish separatists and how they finally got a befitting closure in 2014 with their independence referendum through civil and diplomatic methods.

Do you know how they started? By coming together, creating a political party of their OWN, supporting the party and helping them WIN seats at parliament with politicians that represent THEIR interests. Those political representatives THEN pushed for the referendum!
Has anything of that nature happened in the East? With a rudderless party like APGA that harbors nothing but opportunist clowns and ex-PDP and future APCjesters like Umeh and Ekwunife who are only after self preservation, and decamp whenever they deem fit. Do you have an audience or do you only listen to the crying voices in your mind?
Register a BSP (Biafran Separatist Party) today, vote them at the National Assembly and have them push the agenda from there; otherwise, we're wasting our time and will keep getting played like pawns by shameless greedy old men like Jim Nwobodo, Achike Udenwa, Araraume, Rochas, Iwuanyanwu, Arthur Nzeribe and other pigs who will come out tomorrow and call themselves "Ohanaeze", claiming to represent our interests while leveraging on it to fulfil their greedy, selfish and short-sighted ambitions. But I guess your reasoning is yet to even get to that level.

I have worked at the UN, and I can tell you for a fact that, contrary to the lies being peddled by IPOB, they have NO representatives there, and haven't even followed due process in getting a seat.
Somaliland - an independent country that broke away from Somalia decades ago - is fighting for UN recognition, and they're on the final stages of acheiving it.
The various natives of Oceania (Australia, Fiji, etc) are also there, and are duly recognised.
Where is Biafra? I'll tell you where they are - In Nnamdi Kanu's lies.
Whenever there's a UN conference, the so-called Biafra agitators just stand outside the gates and chant, dance, take pictures and go home. I SWEAR to God. You can confirm this from anybody. Now, every once in a while a few charlatans on field trips to the UN Headquarters use the opportunity to take pictures of themselves with Biafran flags inside the UN building and come out to lie to their gullible supporters that they are recognised by the UN. This is just so SAD. The sooner you see the writing on the wall and actually start taking PRACTICAL steps at acheiving the Biafra, then the better for all of us.

And finally, COMMON SENSE should tell you, that from history, Nigerian Soldiers are ANIMALS with no regards for human lives, and won't think twice about shooting unarmed protesters. It happened in OccupyNigeria and many other protests.
So, knowing this, why do you still FOOLISHLY go out on the streets to WASTE your lives KNOWING VERY WELL you will not ACHEIVE ANYTHING through that route?
Is that not PURE FOOLISHNESS? Insanity is doing the SAME THING over and over again, and expecting different results.

If you weren't a thoughtless programmed IPOB robot, you would have realised early enough that the average Nigerian protest goes like this:

1. Tour the streets with flags and placards.
2. Get shot and killed by bloodthirsty soldiers.
3. Post the pictures on the internet.

Knowing this, why do you keep foolishly repeating it?
Last year, you were protesting unarmed, you got shot and you posted the pictures looking for sympathy.
This year, you're doing the EXACT same thing, and getting EXACT same outcome; but because your dull brain is wired to work in circles, you don't realize you'll acheive NOTHING.
Keep wasting your lives, thinking you're fighting a good fight.

Ofeke nwuru anwu.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Goof On Twitter; Nigerians Reacts (read Tweets) / Nigerian Army Kills 5 Boko Haram Insurgents, Recovers Vehicle & Ammunitions(pics / Ogor Calls For Wealth Redistribution As Vitatree Visits Orphanage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.