Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:36 AM

Bald Women And Hijab - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Bald Women And Hijab (20551 Views)

Dress Code Of Muslim Women and Men / Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab) / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bald Women And Hijab by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 23, 2009
Lagosboy:

Na lie  grin you post am make we compare

Arabia is the hottest place on planet earth so your arguement doest count. The day i walked through the hot weather of Sharjah , UAE i almost fainted when i got back to my hotel room, my body was soaked with sweat like never before in my life.

don't mind osisi

i too have visited the middle east. the temperature is something else

if it was about protection from the elements and not modesty  how come we don't see jews in isreal dressing like that   abi the weather has changed since then  

noetic2:

You did not have to use those words to pass across ur message, if ANY. Allah must be extremely proud of u.

I have not referred u to any scripture, have I? All I said is that they are ANYTHING but beautiful. They are very close to extreme ugliness.
You have not refuted my claim, have u?

before you start calling other women ugly, please post your picture. who do you think you are, and where do you get off on calling women ugly because they don't fit into your cherry vision of uncovered limbs
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by noetic2: 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2009
oyb:

before you start calling other women ugly, please post your picture. who do you think you are, and where do you get off on calling women ugly because they don't fit into your cherry vision of uncovered limbs

Now this is ridiculous. First and foremost, I am a HE and not a she.

Secondly, if u think a woman is beautiful, do I not have the same right as u to think she is UGLY? I simply find hijab an unattractive fashion accessory. what EXACTLY is ur problem?
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by sosisi(f): 7:51pm On Jun 23, 2009
oyb:

don't mind osisi

i too have visited the middle east. the temperature is something else

if it was about protection from the elements and not modesty  how come we don't see jews in isreal dressing like that    abi the weather has changed since then 

I already answered you
At those early times,Jewish women also dressed that way because of the desert.
Now they don't need to but arabs are stuck in stone age and insist that their women dress like ojuju Calabar by force
Nigerians kwa will follow
Modesty doesn't mean wearing a tent
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 23, 2009
osisi and contradictions cheesy

according to osisi, people wore 'tents' because of the desert (how a person would choose to wear heavy all covering clothing in the desert heat the because of the weather is something only osisi will be able to explain) cheesy. confusion reigns. cheesy

oya explain why nuns dress the way they do abi they too are in the stone age or 'protecting themesleves from the elements cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by Abuzola(m): 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2009
cross people ve polluted the thread, maybe u shud hear this: by Allah am attracted to women in hijab than indecence code
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by Abuzola(m): 8:49pm On Jun 23, 2009
am attracted to them because they look gorgeous, believe it or not and thats why i swore in d beginning. am out of here
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by sosisi(f): 8:51pm On Jun 23, 2009
oyb:

osisi and contradictions cheesy

according to osisi, people wore 'tents' because of the desert (how a person would choose to wear heavy all covering clothing in the desert heat the because of the weather is something only osisi will be able to explain) cheesy. confusion reigns. cheesy

oya explain why nuns dress the way they do abi they too are in the stone age or 'protecting themesleves from the elements cheesy cheesy cheesy

Do you have a thing for nuns?
You've mentioned nuns in plenty of your posts.
Nuns have a calling and that is a uniform
Must your Muslim women wear uniforms?
Do you know that most nuns now in the west don't wear those uniforms.
Please keep your eyes away from nuns since it's obvious you find covered women attractive grin
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by sosisi(f): 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2009
Abuzola:

am attracted to them because they look gorgeous, believe it or not and thats why i swore in d beginning. am out of here

Islam says your women should cover up in order to prevent men from gawking at them and here you are salivating over the same covered women
I guess the coverings are useless then since there are some of you that have eyes that can pierce through a radiopaque burqua
I've always said that burquas and hijabs are useless.
The incidence of rape in Muslim countries is high despite all the coverings
A dog is a dog.
A rapist knows that underneath all that burqua is a full woman with private parts
Keep deceiving yourselves
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by noetic2: 9:59pm On Jun 23, 2009
$osisi:

Islam says your women should cover up in order to prevent men from gawking at them and here you are salivating over the same covered women
I guess the coverings are useless then since there are some of you that have eyes that can pierce through a radiopaque burqua
I've always said that burquas and hijabs are useless.
The incidence of rape in Muslim countries is high despite all the coverings
A dog is a dog.
A rapist knows that underneath all that burqua is a full woman with private parts
Keep deceiving yourselves

osisi no go kill me with laughter ooooo grin grin grin
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by olabowale(m): 10:15pm On Jun 23, 2009
$Osisi, you did not have to say that Yoruba women will stink like skunk! Lagos is not as hot as New York in the summer. Death Valley/Desert Spring California USA, is the hottest place on earth. If a muslim woman is there she should when she goes out to the Public, wear Hijab! Thats the order from Allah.

If muslim men were gorking at the women, then Imagine what the preying ready to pounce Christian men are doing?! If men are still able to look at the women in Hijab, just imagine whats happening to the women who have all the family jewels out?

Allah says that women should be known as muslim and not be molested. These are the reasons for wearing Hijab. Hollywood Boulevard is kicking right about now: We can imagine how things will be toned down if they all wear Hijab.

You too. Go put some on. And Zainab in all her Igbo frame wears it. I gues that kills the Yoruba stinking like skunk statement. For there are a lot of non yoruba women whose Body Odor are doing jumping jack! You should know them in Houston, the Hospital Emergency Room should be full of them! And the Big labradores (Dogs) are the Christian men, while Muslims are mexican Chowahwas
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by olabowale(m): 10:16pm On Jun 23, 2009
Chihuahua
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by noetic2: 10:53pm On Jun 23, 2009
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by mukina2: 11:08pm On Jun 23, 2009
see what they have turned the thread into
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by sosisi(f): 11:49pm On Jun 23, 2009
olabowale:

$Osisi, you did not have to say that Yoruba women will stink like skunk! Lagos is not as hot as New York in the summer. Death Valley/Desert Spring California USA, is the hottest place on earth. If a muslim woman is there she should when she goes out to the Public, wear Hijab! Thats the order from Allah.

If muslim men were gorking at the women, then Imagine what the preying ready to pounce Christian men are doing?! If men are still able to look at the women in Hijab, just imagine whats happening to the women who have all the family jewels out?

Allah says that women should be known as muslim and not be molested. These are the reasons for wearing Hijab. Hollywood Boulevard is kicking right about now: We can imagine how things will be toned down if they all wear Hijab.

You too. Go put some on. And Zainab in all her Igbo frame wears it. I gues that kills the Yoruba stinking like skunk statement. For there are a lot of non yoruba women whose Body Odor are doing jumping jack! You should know them in Houston, the Hospital Emergency Room should be full of them! And the Big labradores (Dogs) are the Christian men, while Muslims are mexican Chowahwas

Olabowole please I take God beg you,don't quote me wrongly.
I never ever said Yoruba women stink like skunks.You know I was referring to Muslim women that wear all that heavy Muslim burqua under the hot sun in Yorubaland.
It's only natural that the woman would be sweating profusely under all that black heavy outfit and when one sweats underneath all that it's natural to stink.
Am I not stating the obvious?
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by ayinba1(f): 12:31am On Jun 24, 2009
@
noetic2:

Now this is ridiculous. First and foremost, [b]I am a HE and not a she.[/b]Secondly, if u think a woman is beautiful, do I not have the same right as u to think she is UGLY? I simply find hijab an unattractive fashion accessory. what EXACTLY is ur problem?

maybe you sound like a "she'; think about it  wink

noetic2:

You did not have to use those words to pass across ur message, if ANY. [b]Allah must be extremely proud of u.[/b]I have not referred u to any scripture, have I? All I said is that they are ANYTHING but beautiful. They are very close to extreme ugliness.
You have not refuted my claim, have u?

@oyb
this reminds me of the sermon that describes how shaytan taunts or misleads man, and once man commits the wrong, shaytan kinda hands off. Ok, so we need to be real careful with this one. the statement in bold is becoming recurrent from this guy.
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by sosisi(f): 12:34am On Jun 24, 2009
mukina2:

see what they have turned the thread into

You wey dey wear leather stretch pants,you shouldn't be talking when burquas are mentioned grin
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by noetic2: 1:26am On Jun 24, 2009
ayinba1:

@oyb
this reminds me of the sermon that describes how shaytan taunts or misleads man, and once man commits the wrong, shaytan kinda hands off. Ok, so we need to be real careful with this one. the statement in bold is becoming recurrent from this guy.

You are simply assuming that allah is Jehovah God. This u know is false.

As for my comments, I choose to remind every "nonchalant" muslim this fact about a proud allah. as u guys are fond of blackmailing christians based on the love teaching of christ.

If I am shaytan, who then is allah?
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by Lagosboy: 3:04am On Jun 24, 2009
$osisi:

You wey dey wear leather stretch pants,you shouldn't be talking when burquas are mentioned grin

Why are you taunting Mukina2 , sure she is a muslim woman aspiring to reach high level of peiety
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by mukina2: 11:47am On Jun 24, 2009
Lagosboy:

Why are you taunting Mukina2 , sure she is a muslim woman aspiring to reach high level of peiety
dont mind her wink
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by olabowale(m): 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2009
@$Osisi: Remember that I also qualified the statement of the Yoruba women, meaning Muslim women, by mentioning Zainab. Zainab has not Yoruba lineage. And do do the wife of Alhaji Isa Okeke, in Enugu. America is hotter, you will agree in the summer than Lagos, would ever be.

If you have a person who doesn't take good showers and hygenic, it will not mind whether she is covered or not, hot or cold weather, at a point, you will find smelly person.

Just to let you know that I am not zeroing on the Yoruba in the general sense of your statement: an average person who is a tad clean will know that a show is necessary in hot climate, if you can afford it.

In New York City, people wear Hijab and Kimar and they do not sweat. Hajj calls for women to still cover in that crowd of people. Yet everyone says that their heat discomfort is not unusual than any normal situation; away from a large crowd. That in itself is a miracle.

And no instructions to layer up, either. The instruction is cover up so that you can be identified as a muslim woman and not be molested.
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by sosisi(f): 4:27pm On Jun 24, 2009
olabowale:

@$Osisi: Remember that I also qualified the statement of the Yoruba women, meaning Muslim women, by mentioning Zainab. Zainab has not Yoruba lineage. And do do the wife of Alhaji Isa Okeke, in Enugu. America is hotter, you will agree in the summer than Lagos, would ever be.

If you have a person who doesn't take good showers and hygenic, it will not mind whether she is covered or not, hot or cold weather, at a point, you will find smelly person.

Just to let you know that I am not zeroing on the Yoruba in the general sense of your statement: an average person who is a tad clean will know that a show is necessary in hot climate, if you can afford it.

In New York City, people wear Hijab and Kimar and they do not sweat. Hajj calls for women to still cover in that crowd of people. Yet everyone says that their heat discomfort is not unusual than any normal situation; away from a large crowd. That in itself is a miracle.

And no instructions to layer up, either. The instruction is cover up so that you can be identified as a muslim woman and not be molested.

Please allow me to laugh
hahahahaha
hohohohoho

so my dear,who is raping the covered up women in Islamic countries?
make I go laugh again in Yoruba this time
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by muhsin(m): 11:45am On Jun 25, 2009
And the instruction might be: cover your beauty (as well as your nudity) for, it's not for public display.
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by origina9ja(f): 12:12pm On Jun 25, 2009
Islam has very strict rules against adultery and fornication, and introduces many cautious measures to ensure the prevention and avoidance of such sins. One measure is the prescription that men and women should avoid intermingling as far as possible (see Qur'an 33:53). This is why men and women pray in separate areas or separate rows in the mosque. Another measure is that men and women should cover the specified areas of their bodies the sight of which arouse sexual desire in others (see Qur'an 7:26; 33:59). Yet another measure is that men and women should lower or turn their gaze away from looking at a person of the opposite sex (see Qur'an 24:31).

The idea behind that was that the sexuality of one didn't influence the other

Men should not cover his head because he is the image and glory of God; and a woman should cover her head because she is the glory of man. The Qur'anic prescription of head cover does not in any way imply the subjection of women.
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by sosisi(f): 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2009
origina9ja:

Islam has very strict rules against adultery and fornication, and introduces many cautious measures to ensure the prevention and avoidance of such sins. One measure is the prescription that men and women should avoid intermingling as far as possible (see Qur'an 33:53). This is why men and women pray in separate areas or separate rows in the mosque. Another measure is that men and women should cover the specified areas of their bodies the sight of which arouse sexual desire in others (see Qur'an 7:26; 33:59). Yet another measure is that men and women should lower or turn their gaze away from looking at a person of the opposite sex (see Qur'an 24:31).

The idea behind that was that the sexuality of one didn't influence the other

Men should not cover his head because he is the image and glory of God; and a woman should cover her head because she is the glory of man. The Qur'anic prescription of head cover does not in any way imply the subjection of women.

And Christianity doesn't?
I ask again
who is the one raping all those Muslim women and little girls in Islamic countries?
Do you know that most women raped in sharia lands don't report them before they are the ones that usually end up being punished or "honor killed" by their own family?
Islam has strict rules against rape,ma foot!
The same Islam that says a woman needs 4 witnesses before she can prove rape
Which rapist will rape a woman at aswani market with onlookers who will act as the woman's witness?

Make una go siddon abeg!
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by origina9ja(f): 3:57pm On Jun 26, 2009
ma sista i know be muslim oo
i just they explain why dem they wear Hijab
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by olabowale(m): 5:41pm On Jun 26, 2009
$Osisi, I dont live in "muslim countries." The yankee I have lived for enough time to know the ins and the outs, what I have learnt is that it is for the most part, a christian nation by share percentage of its population.

However we see, we hear and we read, always the never ending rape cases. In some situation, it can almost be taking as a country/societal passtime. You know itand I sure know it. Those who do not rape go about having illicit affairs. Look, Ensign, the governor, etc! Finally, the last time i heard about rapes, in muslim countries; Iraq had plenty of American GIs raping and even killing the family of the "young" girl they rape. None of them said that the muslim women and girls they raped was not a virgin!

$Osisi, "mercy" killing is not Islamic. Sexual promiscuity, as i do not condone it, yet it is not on the same platform as "Shirk"; worship any or not other than Allah.

Someday, you will relax enough and you , in the company of your spouse will meet me and my wife. Then we can discuss what you need to know. Zainab will explain to you in pure Igbo. But in the maintime, your lecture on Islam is meant for those who are against Islam, already. How could you be a good teacher when you have never believed in One Single God and accepted His last prophet (AS), made Wudu, the small one and or the big one, took Ghusl after sexual relationship or emission, made Salah, give sakat and or sadaqah, fasted, made Hajj or do good work for the pleasure of Allah? You have never in your entire life stood in full humility before God/Allah/Elohim!

My dear woman. Zainab will teach you in authentic Igbo tongue.
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by Sarauniya(f): 8:45pm On Jun 28, 2009
In Islam the woman is supposed to cover her hair because it is seen as a beautiful thing that attracts men. I always wondered though if a Muslim woman is completely bald is she still required to wear hijab?

Another thing is that hair does not necessarily make one attactive. Some women are gorgeous even without any hair. I have also seen some women who wear hijab and are so beautiful and then they remove it and they are ugly So in their cases the hijab makes them more attractive. Should those women remove their hijabs as to avoid attention from men?

Just wondering

I agree with you about the whole attractive thing. I wish people will keep an open mind when it comes to the issue of Hijab. Like many things in religion, it is open to interpretation by the individuals. Islam talks about physical decency with both men and women, although the women's aspect may seem a bit more strict due to anatomical differences. Let's not mix up the original intention of the hijab with what we see in the world today.

The intention behind the hijab is to prevent women from being objectified. It is supposed to be a way to empower women so that they won't be judged based solely on their physical attributes.

It is sad that the exact opposite is what people use the hijab for in this century. Some countries use hijab as an excuse to coccoon women away from the public eye when that's not what it was intended for. The intention was to make women more comfortable in the oiutside world and to give an even playing ground for women in the community.

No matter how messed up the world view of women in hijab is, you have to say though that in many parts of the world, women that dress relatively decently are more likely to be respected and ess likely to be objectified by men than women that dress provocativelty.

About the balness cheesy cheesy I wear hijab and I have enough hair to make a lion jealous.

So people, understand the intention and don't be blinded by what the world/media wants you to see.
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by sosisi(f): 8:52pm On Jun 28, 2009
Sarauniya:

I agree with you about the whole attractive thing. I wish people will keep an open mind when it comes to the issue of Hijab. Like many things in religion, it is open to interpretation by the individuals. Islam talks about physical decency with both men and women, although the women's aspect may seem a bit more strict due to anatomical differences. Let's not mix up the original intention of the hijab with what we see in the world today.

The intention behind the hijab is to prevent women from being objectified. It is supposed to be a way to empower women so that they won't be judged based solely on their physical attributes.

It is sad that the exact opposite is what people use the hijab for in this century. Some countries use hijab as an excuse to coccoon women away from the public eye when that's not what it was intended for. The intention was to make women more comfortable in the oiutside world and to give an even playing ground for women in the community.

No matter how messed up the world view of women in hijab is, you have to say though that in many parts of the world, women that dress relatively decently are more likely to be respected and ess likely to be objectified by men than women that dress provocativelty.

About the balness cheesy cheesy I wear hijab and I have enough hair to make a lion jealous.

So people, understand the intention and don't be blinded by what the world/media wants you to see.

This is the most intelligent contribution from a Muslim on this subject.
You almost make me want to wear a hijab grin

Personally,I have no problems with women that choose to wear a hijab
what I have problems with is men who insist a woman must dress a certain way
It is not their decision to make
It is a woman's choice to choose her dresses and not have one forced on her like some Muslim areas do
I am a Christian
There are Christian women who believe in covering their hair 24/7
That is their choice.
But whenever any insitution or state insists that they must control a woman's freewill,that institution ought to be challenged.
Saudi Arabia insist that their women must dress in black flowing uniforms ,that is wrong
Iran arrests women for wearing sexy hijabs
That is also wrong
A woman's dressing should not be legislated.

A Christian woman with the Spirit of God should know not to dress provocatively
A Muslim woman who believes in the teachings of her religion should also know not to be provocative in her dressing.
Wearing an abaya because it's forced on you when your heart is as dark as a ogbunike cave is hypocrisy
The Bible says that out of the abundance of the heart,the mouth speaks.
Dressing a certain way to please men is useless
My Lord Jehovah cares more about the condition of one's heart
Legislating morality does not bring about holiness
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by Sarauniya(f): 8:55pm On Jun 28, 2009
$osisi:

cool
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by sosisi(f): 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2009
Olabowale may recall me saying some years ago that one of the kindest friends I ever had was a Muslim lady from Turkey.
She's moved back to Europe now.
We shopped together,ate together in restaurants and fast food places,went to the movies,our kids played together.
I went to halal restaurants with her and she wore a hijab daily.[/b]I would take off my shoes before going into their living room as was their custom.
Interestingly she was forbidden from wearing a hijab in her native Turkey and [b]her husband never forced her to wear a hijab

She was as normal as anyone else.
She was a  romantic just like I am   lipsrsealed
We had similar interests and tastes in fashion (except the hijab of course)

Her husband was not too thrilled about our friendship,maybe he thought I might lead her astray but we respected each others beliefs even though she knew my stand on Islam clearly.
We built  a friendship on our common interests.
Infact we're hoping my husband will secure enough grants to employ her husband to work with him from next year
I miss her dearly.
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by Sarauniya(f): 10:34pm On Jun 28, 2009
$osisi:

Personally,I have no problems with women that choose to wear a hijab
what I have problems with is men who insist a woman must dress a certain way
It is not their decision to make
It is a woman's choice to choose her dresses and not have one forced on her like some Muslim areas do
I am a Christian
There are Christian women who believe in covering their hair 24/7
That is their choice.
But whenever any insitution or state insists that they must control a woman's freewill,that institution ought to be challenged.
Saudi Arabia insist that their women must dress in black flowing uniforms ,that is wrong
Iran arrests women for wearing sexy hijabs
That is also wrong
A woman's dressing should not be legislated.

A Christian woman with the Spirit of God should know not to dress provocatively
A Muslim woman who believes in the teachings of her religion should also know not to be provocative in her dressing.
Wearing an abaya because it's forced on you when your heart is as dark as a ogbunike cave is hypocrisy
The Bible says that out of the abundance of the heart,the mouth speaks.
Dressing a certain way to please men is useless
My Lord Jehovah cares more about the condition of one's heart
Legislating morality does not bring about holiness

You are very right. Hijab or maybe faith in general cannot be forced on a person. You can teach a person, advise a person but at the end of the day it should be their choice on if or how they practice it. Even the Qur'an is very clear that "There is no compulsion in religion" (2:256). So these people that exert force on women to dress a certain way are going against that which they believe in. It's funny because Islam has been explained in such a simple way yet, people still find a way to twist it to their personal opinions.

Hehehe! Please don't get me started on Saudi Arabia. If I start lashing out at the authorities *mind you, it's only the authorities that have such terrible views, the citizens want a reform but they have been silenced and they almost have no rights to do so: check out saudi blogs*

That's why I'm very grateful that in Nigeria, women have a choice to wear Hijab or not to wear Hijab. Granted they may face little issues in their communities but at least there's no law that enforces or outlaws it. We're quite free Nigerians. I just we were more grateful of this.

*sigh* wouldn't the world be a much better place if we all get along? I wish people just kept an open mind and became more tolerant of each other.
Re: Bald Women And Hijab by sosisi(f): 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2009
Sarauniya:

You are very right. Hijab or maybe faith in general cannot be forced on a person. You can teach a person, advise a person but at the end of the day it should be their choice on if or how they practice it. Even the Qur'an is very clear that "There is no compulsion in religion" (2:256). So these people that exert force on women to dress a certain way are going against that which they believe in. It's funny because Islam has been explained in such a simple way yet, people still find a way to twist it to their personal opinions.

Hehehe! Please don't get me started on Saudi Arabia. If I start lashing out at the authorities *mind you, it's only the authorities that have such terrible views, the citizens want a reform but they have been silenced and they almost have no rights to do so: check out saudi blogs*

That's why I'm very grateful that in Nigeria, women have a choice to wear Hijab or not to wear Hijab. Granted they may face little issues in their communities but at least there's no law that enforces or outlaws it. We're quite free Nigerians. I just we were more grateful of this.

*sigh* wouldn't the world be a much better place if we all get along? I wish people just kept an open mind and became more tolerant of each other.

Religion (and I use that term loosely) is supposed to make people better human beings.
The problem with Islam for the most part is that there is no separation of mosque and state in their quarters.
It's a religion that wants to control the moral,religious,political and day to day running of people's lives in all quarters.
I don't believe you that there's freedom in Nigeria,at least not in northern Nigeria.
Christians and non Muslims are daily subjected to second rated citizens in those areas and articles of clothing and certain things have been imposed on them without their consent by virtue of the environment they live in.
The political aspect of Islam which is an intricate part of Islam insists that it is right in doing so.
One only needs to read what sharia says about the state of non Muslims in a Muslim land to understand what I'm talking about.

Islam has no tolerance for opposing views,that's why it would advocate the beheading of apostates and those that"insult Islam"
Is that a religion that truly believes in no compulsion?

Your verse that "there is no compulsion in religion" with regards to Islam is one I wish were true.
You can agree with me that there is no other religion on earth today as militant as Islam.
The question is why so?
From our own country Nigeria  to Iran where 99% of the populace are Muslims the same story repeats itself over and over again.
It might interest you to know that most of the riots with heartless massacres of southerners inNorthern  Nigeria started on Fridays as people trooped out from the Mosques after Friday Prayers.Would  it be out of order for me,a Christian,to question what the sermon was about?
If a group of redeemed felllowship parishioners stormed out of a sermon and headed for the nearest mosque with clubs and machetes in hand,anyone would question what type of God they claim to serve.

How many times have you heard of a Christian denomination burning down a Church and killing parishioners during service?
But burning and killing of fellow Muslims is not uncommon in our world.
Can you now imagine what these same people would do to people of a totally different religion?
Islam maybe a beautiful religion to you but that is not what we see in our world.
Our reality is that the more commited a man becomes to his Islamic faith,the more radical and off the wall he gets,the more hateful he gets towards America,the west  , Jews and  othernon Muslims,the more likely he is to kill for what he believes in.
And when we read the Koran and hadiths,his actions and utterances are not too different from that of his example,the prophet of Islam Mohammed.

What many of us non Muslims would wish is that today's Muslims explained the warfare and massacres of the prophet Mohammed as necessary actions at the time of Islams infancy and strongly condenmed violence in the name of Islam because as long as we have Muslims rejoicing at the atrocities and mayhem of their "brethren" with the ocassional "Islam is a peaceful religion " mantra,I'm sorry the rest of the world will continue to see Islam as violent and militant.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Wrote The Quran? / If These Quranic Verses Are True, Then What Is The Problem? / Edoardo Agnelli: Son of Billionaire Italian Killed For Embracing Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.