Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,474 members, 7,830,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

The African Curse... .. The Positives In The Oil And Economic Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The African Curse... .. The Positives In The Oil And Economic Crisis (413 Views)

Photos Of The Oil Workers, UNIMAID Staff Before They Were Abducted By Boko Haram / Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain / Buhari: Boko Haram War, Anti Corruption War And The "Economic Crisis" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The African Curse... .. The Positives In The Oil And Economic Crisis by Eddygourdo(m): 7:51am On Jan 19, 2016
Whenever I castigate the black man, it appears as though I exalt the white race or suffer from a low self esteem in recognition of my race. This may appear true to the shallow minded but not to real thinkers. I have for a long time researched on the African problem to discern if he is plagued by nature or nurture. Then I decided to consider two important factors to the black man failures.

Continental drift: this is a known concept that has been debated for decades, I am an ardent believer in this theory and attribute the African continent as truly the source of human existence. The relative stability of this continent and it's surrounding oceans depicts evidence of age old massive land compressions that closed fault lines, earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes etc don't know an African address, it appears as though we were forgotten by the ice age. What ever phenomenon that made life extinct probably occurred in Africa, as evidenced by our rich carbon based minerals that abound all over Africa. This continent is rich, blessed and fortunate and likely never drifted much from its original stable position.

Thinking direction : the African man of old existed in a stable environment, with stable problems and because life was unchanging for generations on end, the African man developed a habit of backward thinking, a thinking tending towards his past, a thinking that exalted traditions, how our forefathers did it. They attributed the success of the present to be a result of decisions made by their forefathers in the past and thus hoped to continue this norm in ensuring their future. This trend is a major reason words like tradition, customs, rites etc are common and very important to the African man. The Europeans on the other hand were in an ever changing environment, an environment of no stability, an environment where they had to constantly adapt and evolve to be able to survive in it, it is well known that problems and challenges are a catalyst for innovations. The problems faces by the Europeans and Asians prompted their advancements and evolution towards improving their existence in their environment. Thus the evolution of technology, science and the arts. The African man never had these problems and mostly based his future decisions on his past (how our fathers did it) this stunted their growth on a global perspective but didn't make them inferior. In searching for better lands and environments, the Europeans engaged on voyages, thus inventing ships that enabled them travel to other lands which the conquered. In one of such voyages they encountered religion and seeing it as a better front in conquering locals in regions they travelled to. thus embraced Christianity. This was used in conquering lands to give them a moral justification as now opposed to wars and the search for raw materials. The African man therefore isn't an inferior being, he isn't inferior as compared to the Europeans. With respect to his environment, he was a success and his methods ensured some stability.

The emergence of technology and globalisation thus changed the earlier status quo the African enjoyed. There was environmental stability, but there wasn't moral, social, financial stability anymore. These were new problems our forefathers never encountered, this should not be surprising that attempting to continue the practice of traditions or customs towards solving them, kept failing and resulted in our current backwardness. The inability of the African to adapt, evolve to his changing conditions is his achilles heel. We Africans keep looking backward like our forefathers did. We at best are interested in our present, we never think or remember the future. This malaise is the African problem.

The Igbos have showed and demonstrated a trait in the African which proves if pushed to the wall, he can innovate. The civil war brought out alot of innovations that marvelled the world, a people with clubs and sticks made airplanes, guns, bombs, ships, refineries etc because they had to do that or face extinction in the hands of their neighbours. This ability to innovate to affect our environmental conditions towards tilting to our favour, has eluded the black race. The Igbos proved we are capable of such innovations caused by tension and therefore it's a hidden trait an African man must endeavour to harness.

The economic crisis and oil crisis is a catalyst for this change. The African man can only grow if we utilise this situation ad a catalyst for innovation, reorientation and development. We must prove to the Europeans that we have learnt beyond our ancestors and older generation by being adaptable.! Though the situation is difficult to surmount especially considering the number of years we wasted our affluence on our present satisfaction without thought for the future. WE MUST PROVE OUR METTLE, we must find ways to survive. The economic crisis can either be a catalyst to totally destroy the black man or it could act as one to uplift him from his failures. Whichever choice we make afterall will determine our future and global image.

Please lalasticlala and other mods, don't dare push my thread to the front page. You people have showed me that this is a partial forum. Where I have over 75 topics and yet no front page, yet I see replications of my topics on front page. This material is written by me on copyright. It is intended to educate and stir up intelligent discourse on the way forward. So I don't care for front page else I would have mentioned tonto dike. Cheers.
Re: The African Curse... .. The Positives In The Oil And Economic Crisis by acenazt: 8:36am On Jan 19, 2016
Nice work o.p i'm thinking of making a Nuclear Bomb. You never know when And where it would be needed.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram- At Least 7,000 Civilians Return To Homes After 2 Yrs Of Displacement / Political Correct Mental Illness On Display. / Police Detain Danfulani Over Facebook Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.