Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme (2381 Views)

What's Your Most Memorable Experience As A New Immigrant? / Rep Your Generation And Share Stuffs Dat Made It Interstin And Memorable... / The Memorable Quotes And Advice You Learnt In 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by absoluteSuccess: 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2016
Happy new year folks. Time to turn back the hands of time.

Well, as for me, january happens to be my month, it's ideal time for reflections, the month is also a time to put resolutions to paper.

It's good to do that. Most times we want to accomplish set goals all at once. I don't know if we can but we try.

Someone did impress it on me that success is complete accomplishments of little tasks on your to-do list, day by day.

Hope you keep a 'to-do' on a daily basis? It's profitable. One thing I've learned is, little things count. Time is nobody's friend too.

A fitting Yoruba poetry on time management says,

Ja itanna ton tan,

To tutu to si dara,

Maduro d'ojo ola,

Akoko sure tete.

A'o mon to'mbo,

kile ola to mo.

Akoko sure tete.

This is one of my favourite nursery rhymes, it has stuck on my mind from childhood. One of my internal dialogue and mantra.

Do you have an old piece of poetry that talks to you? Don't hesitate to share. Mine is an antique now. Thanks to my teachers.

Have some wonderful time.
Re: Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by 14teenK: 7:21pm On Jan 19, 2016
Ur post reminds me if one funny ajebo vid

AJEPAKO
Re: Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by absoluteSuccess: 7:25pm On Jan 19, 2016
14teenK:
Ur post reminds me if one funny ajebo vid

AJEPAKO

Bad guycheesy

I'm ajebopako

hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by Swissheart(f): 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2016
I love this ehn.....

My Grandfather's clock was too high on the shelf
So it took 90 years on the floor..... ..
It was bought on the month and the day that he was born blah blah blah

1 Like

Re: Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by absoluteSuccess: 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2016
Swissheart:
I love this ehn.....

My Grandfather's clock was too high on shelf
So it took 90 years on the floor..... ..
It was bought on the month and the day that he was born blah blah blah

I only overheard my seniors singing the Yoruba version,

it makes me think the song was about my grandpa

not until I heard another kid sang it in an isolated instance.

agogo babami egbe ogiri loduro

pelu owo meji re nilewe alagogo.

Okan nka wakati ekeji ka iseju,

pelu owo meji re, nilewe alagogo.

Na evening school I go.
Re: Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by Swissheart(f): 8:37pm On Jan 19, 2016
I learned the English version I wrote up there in nursery school. Recently my 5 year old son started reciting the yoruba version. It stirred this amusing emotion that resulted into a long hug.
Re: Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by absoluteSuccess: 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2016
Swissheart:
I learned the English version I wrote up there in nursery school. Recently my 5 year old son started reciting the yoruba version. It stirred this amusing emotion that resulted into a long hug.

Hmm, mother's love. I remember mum stroking and rocking my head on her tommy.

We can never hide the beauty of our language away from those children.

They'll surprise you by finding the secret, that little chap will bring you joy, joy, joy.

Let's not hide the beautiful languages from them.
Re: Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by Swissheart(f): 9:01pm On Jan 19, 2016
absoluteSuccess:

Hmm, mother's love.

We can never hide the beauty of our language away from those children.

They'll surprise you by finding the secret, that little chap will bring you joy, joy, joy.

Let's not horde the beautiful languages from them.
Yes, it came as a surprise especially because I wasn't taught the yoruba version. Amen to your prayer. Thanks
Re: Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by absoluteSuccess: 9:15pm On Jan 19, 2016
Swissheart:
Yes, it came as a surprise especially because I wasn't taught the yoruba version. Amen to your prayer. Thanks

I believe children have their guardian angels, some form of hypersonic intelligence that fade off as they gradually come of age.

Angels because you don't know the frequencies that retain old songs and share it with those children.

Why does his song awe you? cause it's the last song you expected from him, who taught him, a boy blocks away, and the boy?

Children have their spiritual frequencies.
Re: Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by Nobody: 5:58am On Jan 20, 2016
Swissheart:

Hmmm, shocked
Re: Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by Swissheart(f): 6:38am On Jan 20, 2016
SwissIBRA:

Hmmm, shocked
.. ....... Do I have to guess why you are surprised? How have you been
Re: Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 20, 2016
cry
Re: Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 20, 2016
Swissheart:
.. ....... Do I have to guess why you are surprised? How have you been

5yr old and you are still this cute.
Never would I have guessed it. shocked

I'm doing ok and how have you been?
Re: Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by Swissheart(f): 9:22am On Jan 20, 2016
SwissIBRA:

5yr old and you are still this cute.
Never would I have guessed it. shocked

I'm doing ok and how have you been?
....... Yeah I knew that was the reason for the face.

I am doing well too. Thanks.
Re: Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 20, 2016
Swissheart:
....... Yeah I knew that was the reason for the face.

I am doing well too. Thanks.

I admire you a lot.
Re: Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by Swissheart(f): 5:47pm On Jan 20, 2016
SwissIBRA:

I admire you a lot.
Thanks very much. I admire your sincere nature too.
Re: Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
Swissheart:
Thanks very much. I admire your sincere nature too.

Choiii, see as I dey blush grin
Re: Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme by absoluteSuccess: 10:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
SwissIBRA:

Choiii, see as I dey blush grin
It's natural,
She's beautiful.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ogu Language / Original Human Hair at Affordable Prices.... / IGBO AMAKA! This 5 Photos Will Make You Fall In Love With Igbo Culture. (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.