Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:23 PM

Metuh Has The Right To Remain Silent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metuh Has The Right To Remain Silent (656 Views)

Metuh Has Admitted Collecting N400m From Dasuki – EFCC / EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary / Metuh Has No Right To Announce Date Of PDP Convention — Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Metuh Has The Right To Remain Silent by meforyou1(m): 9:52pm On Jan 19, 2016
Ever since Metuh was shown paraded on handcuffs, I have been reading so many obnoxious posts about the reason of the show of shame being because Metuh did not 'co-operate' with EFCC by telling them what exactly he did with the money given to him to carry out an assignment.
And I have read where they said that Dasuki wasn't given same treatment be cause he 'co-operated'.
For the majority that do not know, Metuh has the Right To Silence.
Below is the full explanation of the universal right to remain silent.

"The right to remain silent is a legal right recognized, explicitly or by convention, in many of the world's legal systems.
The right covers a number of issues centered on the right of the accused or the defendant to refuse to comment or provide an answer when questioned, either prior to or during legal proceedings in a court of law. This can be the right to avoid self-incrimination or the right to remain silent when questioned. The right usually includes the provision that adverse comments or inferences cannot be made by the judge or jury regarding the refusal by a defendant to answer questions before or during a trial, hearing or any other legal proceeding. This right constitutes only a small part of the defendant's rights as a whole. Also can be defined as the Miranda Rights ."

To read further, use the link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_silence
Re: Metuh Has The Right To Remain Silent by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 19, 2016
I don't care.. All we just want is our yam.
Re: Metuh Has The Right To Remain Silent by Wizlove(m): 10:33pm On Jan 19, 2016
A certain moderator banned me. Non of my business. I still know what I know. As for Metuh's case the world is watching.
Re: Metuh Has The Right To Remain Silent by DaBullIT(m): 5:15am On Jan 20, 2016
Nairaland lawyers

. Una Weldone o

If na Yankee you dey, you got remain silent

If Nigerian police torture you with cutlass and tear gas,

Walahi

You go remember how many people come for your naming the day wey dem born you grin

(1) (Reply)

We Will Shut Down Imo State – Nigeria Labour Congress Warns Okorocha / BREAKING: Olisa Metuh's Trial On Stand Down / Ochanja Market In Anambra State Boils As Electioneering Tears Traders Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.