Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,081 members, 7,867,106 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:47 AM

Parable Of The Talents: Did Jesus Christ Support Corruption? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Parable Of The Talents: Did Jesus Christ Support Corruption? (611 Views)

Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man? / Prophet T.B. Joshua As A Parable For MMM – By Abimbola Adelakun / 5 Key Life Lessons From The Parable Of The Talents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Parable Of The Talents: Did Jesus Christ Support Corruption? by Elparaiso(m): 5:55am On Jan 20, 2016
Good day all, I am asking this question with reference to Matthew 25: 14-30.
The Master in this story was revealed to be a harsh man who took money from places he shouldn't, somehow reminds me of Nigerian politicians.
This very master, just like his Nigerian counterparts, distributed money to his servants and trusted men. One of his servants, knowing that his master was wicked man, refused to aid his master in increasing ill-gotten wealth. I would have expected our Lord Jesus Christ to support this sincere servant and reproach the rest. Instead, he was reproached and those who had their share in the riches were promoted. Is this not what is happening today? Pastors and prophets no longer care where the money is coming from, as far as seeds, partnership, tithes, offerings and other monetary schemes are yielding fruit. A spiritual head can simply take the advice that the wicked master gave, simply close his eyes to the source of the money and according to the bible verse just accept the money and use it wisely.
My question is, knowing fully well that there were other examples to use, why did Jesus use this particular one and this particular scenario?

For those who will say I am reading too much meaning, I say, that is why it is a parable.
Anybody can answer me please, thanks.
Re: Parable Of The Talents: Did Jesus Christ Support Corruption? by busky101(m): 6:34am On Jan 20, 2016
lol, As far as say E-money dey pay, skiibii oh pop champagne oh
Re: Parable Of The Talents: Did Jesus Christ Support Corruption? by orisa37: 6:43am On Jan 20, 2016
Jesus Christ is the Covenant on Isaac. That's to say JC is law and that God loves agreements and contracts. The Parable of the Talents is a demonstration that God judges humans by their Agreement and Contracts with themselves and with Him God. There is nothing like corruption in contacts. You elected a Politician by choice and agreement and if he fails to honour your . preferences, you just need to pray to God to open the politicians spirits to Righteousness.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Pastors Deceive Their Members? Bible Never Recommended Money For Tithe / Can You Miss Going To Church On Sunday For Whatever Reason? / Some Famous Christians Of All Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.