Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent (21823 Views)

Danfo Conductor Strips To Fight A Lady Over Money In Lagos (video) / A Notorious Kidnapper Nnadi Daniel Arrested By Police In Enugu / Anambra Police Commissioner Gives Money To Lady Who Dumped Her New Baby In Bush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by dont8(m): 6:04am On Jan 20, 2016

As if it was in a literary plot, award-winning writer, Chijioke Amun-Nnadi, on Tuesday, apologised to a lady who accused him of forcefully kissing her.

An Abuja-based freelance writer, Miracle Adebayo, had on Monday accused Amun-Nnadi of harassment, saying the incident happened in November 2014, during the Ake Arts and Book Festival held in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

Amun-Nnadi, who works with the Niger Delta Development Commission, is a prolific and popular writer whose collections of poems, including Through the Window of a Sandcastle and A Field of Echoes, are well acclaimed. Apart from winning the Association of Nigerian Authors prize, he has also been a finalist of the Nigeria Prize for Literature.

Adebayo noted that the Port Harcourt-based poet had committed the act while she was in his car.

She wrote, “I was in his car with two other people. He specifically asked that I sit in the front seat while we drove to get food and I didn’t object because I saw no big deal in it.

“Along the road, we stopped for the other occupants to get something from a shop. In those few minutes, Amun-Nnadi, a man I thought I could trust, forcefully kissed me. I was so stunned and repulsed I couldn’t speak.”

While some people wondered why it took Adebayo two years before speaking out, some two other ladies also later posted messages narrating similar experiences with the writer.

It was, however, a sober Amun-Nnadi that, on Tuesday morning, apologised to the accusers in a Facebook message.

He wrote, “My dear friends and colleagues, I have read and heard a lot that has been said about how my manner of interaction with some younger female writers within our literary commune has been quite inappropriate. With sincerity, I accept responsibility for the hurt a writer’s excesses have caused you all. I wish to humbly seek a lasting healing for all affected and all concerned because it was not my intention to hurt anyone. I truly regret this. I am deeply sorry and I apologise without reservation to all affected. Do forgive. Thank you all for reading and for your understanding.”

http://www.punchng.com/writer-apologises-to-lady-over-kissing-without-consent/

Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by Cutehector(m): 6:09am On Jan 20, 2016
Dat was a wrong move...

Stealing a kiss.

2 Likes

Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by AwajisEJ(m): 6:10am On Jan 20, 2016
Hmmm. Endtime kiss
Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by dont8(m): 6:13am On Jan 20, 2016
Cutehector:
Dat was a wrong move...

Stealing a kiss.
The guy is a potential rapist, God knows how many girls he would have done that to.

5 Likes

Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by bewla(m): 6:38am On Jan 20, 2016
God bless my hustle not hustler in quote
Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by haywhy911(m): 6:43am On Jan 20, 2016
Badt guy

1 Like

Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by osesology(m): 6:51am On Jan 20, 2016
Why do some men behave that way? I seriously dont get it.

6 Likes

Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by jordyspices: 6:57am On Jan 20, 2016
U dnt force a kiss u Jst let it flow only the dude na bahdt guyss
Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by mobaladf: 11:08am On Jan 20, 2016
This guy will soon graduate to a #rapist

1 Like

Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by bimbochoco(m): 11:08am On Jan 20, 2016
See as e dey look like ofio whey Aboki pour for wheelbarrow... Na hin dey spoil good men name for outside, dey make people generalize say all men are this... All men are that...
Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by cutetopsey(f): 11:09am On Jan 20, 2016
cheesy grin grin Are you kidding me?
Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by free2ryhme: 11:09am On Jan 20, 2016
Kissing na by force?Decorum is required here.Sad when man allows the urge of the flesh to take control.However,his ability to apologize is commendable.

8 Likes

Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by youngguru23(m): 11:10am On Jan 20, 2016
Oya... Badt guy
Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by Sijo01(f): 11:10am On Jan 20, 2016
A freelancer and also a free kisser! Ass'hole

5 Likes

Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by Adesiji77: 11:10am On Jan 20, 2016
"Forceful" kissing...what pleasure would he derive from that? angry

2 Likes

Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by merits(m): 11:10am On Jan 20, 2016
see this stupid he goat,must u kiss?see his thick lips like "range rover tube"you beta go for delieverance b4 you turn rapist.bcuz social media apology can't save you.all what u need is total delieverance from this your act "kissing".

1 Like

Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by modestdude(m): 11:11am On Jan 20, 2016
His looks though undecided (A randy look)
Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by geraldhumphrey(m): 11:11am On Jan 20, 2016
kiss kwa!
Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by suyamasta(m): 11:11am On Jan 20, 2016
If i no seen greenlight why kiss?

4 Likes

Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by daughterofzion(f): 11:12am On Jan 20, 2016
hmmm
Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by brunofarad(m): 11:13am On Jan 20, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by AmakaDNB(f): 11:13am On Jan 20, 2016
shocked
Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by oluwasegun007(m): 11:15am On Jan 20, 2016
kiss don turn by force.....konji don get am.....

Good thing he apologized, but the woman sef no try, you wan crumble d man home abi?
Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by Gelengelen: 11:16am On Jan 20, 2016
dont8:

http://www.punchng.com/writer-apologises-to-lady-over-kissing-without-consent/
Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44
make una no disturb me with this una story.
if una dey fvck una no dey tell us ooo.

1 Like

Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by Omotayor123(f): 11:17am On Jan 20, 2016
Mtcheww... undecided I think he's sick upstairs.
Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by Mpanyi: 11:19am On Jan 20, 2016
This guy is a fool. See his lacklustre appology. Why did admit he was wrong? Watch out for many accusers to come along and soon he will be sued for all he is worth.

Nigeria is gradually becoming US where girls would, to make money and useless name for themselves, accuse guys they once dated for something that was not really serious? Forfunately or unfortunately Nigeria's judicial system doesn't run like the US's.

3 Likes

Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by TheRealStuff: 11:23am On Jan 20, 2016
Never ruin an apology with an excuse. If what he said can even be termed an apology

Writer's excesses indeed!
Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by xtervaganza(m): 11:23am On Jan 20, 2016
He has apologised. Let's move on

2 Likes

Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by Remyboyhefty(m): 11:35am On Jan 20, 2016
End time lassa kissing cry
Re: Amun-Nnadi Apologises To Lady Over Kissing Without Consent by darkid1(m): 11:37am On Jan 20, 2016
With ladies, you never can know...poor guy, i like his appology....now to u dummies calling him a potential rapist, the words to drscribe your stupidity havent been invented yet...it could happen to anyone

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen And Farmers Clash In Ogun, 4 Dead, 2 Policemen Injured / Ogun: So-Safe Corps Arrests Okada Rider For Attempting To Rape, Kill Passenger / BIAFRA: I Got N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter – Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.