Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,086 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Metuh's Handcuff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metuh's Handcuff (699 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Refuses To Remove Handcuff, Come Down From Van / Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics / Metuh’s Handcuff Meant To Subdue Opposition − PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Metuh's Handcuff by czaratwork: 7:44am On Jan 20, 2016
METUH'S HANDCUFFS
If I knew how to use the coraldraw application in my computer, maybe I will be one hell of a cartoonist. Nigeria is becoming so unbearable that words are no longer enough to paint our grief, we better speak in pictures, abstract as they may be.
Yesterday was so hot for me, that I hit my bed too early, so I didn't get the news of Olisa Metuh's humiliating experience with prison warders till early this morning, and I found myself shedding tears again for this ...country. Tears have become so regular with me these days, as I watch my country slide down a dangerous slope. The little leaps we made in building a democratic nation are being lost in leaps, and those who should talk have quickly queued in. Gani Fawehmi is sorely missed, even our own beloved Wole Soyinka is keeping quiet in the face of this tyranny, and I dare to ask: Has the man died in Wole?
Human rights is not for saints alone, even condemned ciminals have their rights which must not be tampered with for whatever reason. We have the courts, and our Constitution makes it clear that only a judge can pronounce punishments on anyone, not some uniform wearing and gun wielding touts, or their vindictive superiors.
When I look at Olisa Metuh's handcuffs, I do not see manacles, I see terror, I see Nigeria being ridiculed before the world, I see vendetta, I see power drunkenness, I see authoritarianism being enthroned, I see Nigeria's descent to darkness, I see, I see everything we should not pray for nor wish our country.
Metuh's handcuffs is our handcuffs, we are being warned; shut up, queue up or this or even worst will be your fate. Metuh is a big man, and he is obviously being persecuted the big man way. What about some of us, poor and unknown wailers, whose father's names are not known? When they get hold of us, they may just feed us feces and nobody will know.
Metuh's handcuffs are not his, it is Nigeria's. Nigeria is handcuffed, Nigeria is in handcuffs, free speech is in handcuffs, our democracy is in handcuffs. You may not be affected now, but I assure you, you shall be affected, you must be affected, one way or the other. If you are enjoying the sight of another man's dehumanization, one day, and that is very soon, you shall be dehumanized by the same man who is dehumanizing Metuh, who is dehumanizing Dasuki, who dehumanized Dikko. Metuh may not be your friend, he might have even hurt you in the past, but Nigeria is not your enemy. Nigeria is under trial, Nigeria is in handcuffs, not Metuh. Do not speak up, enjoy your silence, relish the persecution of all those you assume have enjoyed power, enjoy your own power today, tomorrow shall meet all of us here, no one knows who will be on the other divide.
WE MUST PREVAIL!
(Copied)
Re: Metuh's Handcuff by gsport: 7:51am On Jan 20, 2016
U see ur self sounding like a supporter of of losing team
Re: Metuh's Handcuff by DaBullIT(m): 9:31am On Jan 20, 2016
You go soon see end

(1) (Reply)

Benue South Rerun Updates: I Will Win Again - Mark Boasts After Voting (PHOTO) / Suicide Is In My Mind / The Hypocrisy Of Wailers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.