Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,374 members, 7,836,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself (44829 Views)

Okorocha Rejects Appointment Given To His Daughter, Uju Rochas Anwuka By FG / Dogara Needs To Go Back To Law School Because Budget Padding Is Corruption / Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Modsenemy(f): 9:28pm On Jan 20, 2016
Can sm1 define tax for the OP?
Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Sweetlemon(f): 9:29pm On Jan 20, 2016
What I feel is that the amount is a little too much. N25 maximum is fine

1 Like

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
Tokt:
[s][/s]

Rubbish. Who is ur own dilector?
Again, if u are aggrived, go to court and lament there.
What the govt is doing is implementing existing laws and not creating new ones.
oga u beta kip quite and stop talking rubbish.this present goverment are hell bent on suffering the common man.I wonder y some nigerians defend this people that don't fucking care about us.or are u been paid.

3 Likes

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by dammytosh: 9:32pm On Jan 20, 2016
Senseless post.

Enforcing a law is corruption ?

When all they read is headlines and whatever summary people give the body.

The eediots prefer to run to UK or Canada and go and pay tax but cut corners in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by scachy(m): 9:33pm On Jan 20, 2016
Yorubago:
LOL

OP

We all know this abeg

FTC

Before dem lalasticlala and co carry this thing to OP

*modified*

Don't take this to OP again lalasticlala

I am not the FTC again

Two men above me stole my position and I'll suffer them

No dinner for u tonight cos u missed FTC grin grin
Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Utchman1: 9:33pm On Jan 20, 2016
idupaul:

I see your director has mandated you guys to intercept and engage any dissenting view.? 50 naira stamp duty is nothing but brazen thievery by the govt. .what have the done with VAT they collect on every single service and sale ... as a father if u need to improve urgent household will you tax the children's pocket money they got from you or you will strive to earn more from outside the home

Please FG is not your father. The earlier you understand that the better for you. You are complaining about 5% VAT where as you will pay 20% VAT in the UK.

It is your responsibility to pay tax to the government.

4 Likes

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Akainzo(m): 9:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
fotadmowmend:

some people would not see nor think. Is there anywhere in the world that government charges bank customers for using banks ? I am of the opinion that banks shoulddd be charged and not customers

Let me just share this to help you, if you do more than 5 transactions from any bank in the US, you will incur charges for subsequent transactions.

In Canada, Most of the banks have the 1st 10 transactions as free, subsequent one will incur charges.

At least, this are the one I know. So clearly, it is not only in Nigeria that customers pay for bank transactions.

To prevent this charges, most people use their Credit Cards and then use one transaction from their bank account to pay it off.

2 Likes

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
Tokt:

U will be surprised that none in ur lineage have ever achieved what i have so far. Go to court if u are aggrived.
guy cool down,oga calm down wetin u don achieve?una go dey nairaland dey clame achievement and don't be surprise u never chop this night.

2 Likes

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by scachy(m): 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
Super1Star:
Are you this daft!!!!

Something is an Act, a law in its own right and your are here debating something that is not debatable.

FG only implemented the law. How is that a crime?

We are too used to lawlessness in this country to the extent that we now believe it is the right way of life.

U r completely wrong Sir, not every Act, Law is genuine n in the interest of average person. Some Act n laws r meant to benefit few elites n suffer poor majority in d country.

SureP was established by an act, which many ordinary Nigerians benefited from. yet, the then opposition said it was an avenue for GEJ to syphon our common wealth.

1 Like

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by uhiochris1(m): 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2016
As a student if you parents send you N2000, FG will take 50 if you withdraw the money bank will take its share + SMS charges after that how much are you gonna go back with.

Nawa oooo

Best Regards,
Chris.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Akainzo(m): 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2016
scachy:

U r completely wrong Sir, not every Act, Law is genuine n for the interest of the average person. So Act n laws r meant to benefit few elites n suffer many poor in d country.

SureP was established by an act, which many ordinary Nigerians benefited from. yet, the then opposition said it was an avenue for GEJ to syphon our common wealth.

The only way to prove an Act or Law is not in the best interest of the average Nigerian, is to challenge the law in a law court.
Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by jerecrown(m): 9:43pm On Jan 20, 2016
Stop babbles dt is d change u voted for. Why murmuring

1 Like

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by m1amr(m): 9:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
hmmm good analysis but rotten brain
Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by linusbnn(m): 9:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
Tokt:

The account in question is domiciled in CBN. Isn't it? That's the first bus stop before onward delivery into TSA. Even monies deposited into the TSA have their initial bus stop. Don't they?

Don't say what you don't know just to justify your ignorance

2 Likes

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by rhapsody: 9:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
It's very disgusting when I see headlines and posts like this. The stamp duty act has been in existence since God knows when and Nipost has been battling for years to implement it.The money goes into TSA. And it has noting to do with budget. It's like crying wen custom enforce custom duties.

Until we begin to embrace taxes in this country we are goin now wer. Som1 wasted 2.1 billion on election u say it's witch hunting, if you had paid 100k tax u will Def see tins differently.

We travel all over the world and pay taxes on everything we do but we don't complain, to pay N50 for one transaction u enter Naira land dey talk rubbish.
Smh

6 Likes

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Donliv: 9:51pm On Jan 20, 2016
Super1Star:
Are you this daft!!!!

Something is an Act, a law in its own right and your are here debating something that is not debatable.

We are too used to lawlessness in this country to the extent that we now believe it is the right way of life.
FG only implemented law that will favour them not the masses. A poor man that receives 10k as his monthly salary and a senator that receives millions/per month will be charged the same amount.

1 Like

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by enone(m): 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2016
I think people need to be sensitized on this,this will will discourage the FINANCIAL INCLUSION and CASHLESS POLICY we are trying to achieve.
Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Donliv: 9:55pm On Jan 20, 2016
This is change indeed and some mofos are supporting FG for their wicked @act.

1 Like

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by richard870(m): 9:55pm On Jan 20, 2016
Super1Star:
Are you this daft!!!!

You are the daf-t. one here! .Kindly tell me the rationale behind the new policy #Mumu#

1 Like

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by SeanDada1(m): 9:55pm On Jan 20, 2016
NavierStokes:
As someone aptly put it: this govt gave us 50kobo on pms and are taking 50naira from our bank transactions.
"Change"

I can feel fashola's presence in the useless affairs of this country. Taxing everything from money, electricity, roads, water,

2 Likes

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Etizz: 9:56pm On Jan 20, 2016
obasiken:

From yur post i can deduce you have not left your fathers house so u dont understand what increase in taxes mean. A bag of rice is now 13500. Very soon you will be paying taxes on vegetables in yur parents farm.

Abeg tell am make he hear well...
Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Righttalk: 9:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
If u say it is a law, can u quote the section pls.

1 Like

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by nnemmpi(m): 9:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
I have said it again and again that these APC change name wayioo

2 Likes

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Emyogalanya: 10:02pm On Jan 20, 2016
Pls barcanista do not come here and start typing trash northerners dont do bank transactions cos its against islam so hope you wont start calling me anti nigerian jobless ipobian ask ur president to charge for farm produce instead if he wants to raise money. The problem of tonye is that he is born and resident in port now he wants to form a nationalist but he is lost
Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Mmadu111: 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
Tokt:
[s][/s]

Rubbish. Who is ur own dilector?
Again, if u are aggrived, go to court and lament there.
What the govt is doing is implementing existing laws and not creating new ones.
Agent of Darkness, a suppressor and a thief.. ... may your taste follow you all round
Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Khan1993: 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
How i wish we could be charge for every post on social media. Cos its always either slander or arrant nonsense. That said, can somebody please help me understand why the law wasnt implemented before because as said by some1 here, its not a new law.
Again OP, did you say you read the whole budget, well i did too but on social media so i cant tell if its 1800 pages. From the budget, it palpable that more of this is iminent. I know i sound indifferent but with the price of crude oil nosediving(in case you havent noticed, its now below the assumed benchmark price) and the devaluation of naira each day, more of this expedient laws are pending.
Lets learn to sacrifice for our country.
Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by christconscious: 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
gcof:
won't it be better if you give facts to support your argument instead of cursing someone's lineage
As far as am concerned ,that guy is an IDIOT or a KID...butress your point with fact anf figures .one can Bill gate in faceless forum like this....nonsense
Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Mboi: 10:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
Super1Star:
Are you this daft!!!!

He did not say it's not the law. Free your mind and read to understand.

1 Like

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Mboi: 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
Tokt:
[s][/s]

Shut up and use ur brain please.
You couldn't use urs
Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by Naskiid(m): 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2016
easrael:
Early this morning, I read a directive by the Central Bank of Nigeria to all Banks in the country where it ordered all banks in Nigeria to start charging N50 on all transactions that are above N1,000 from ALL Nigerians.

Now, as many of us may now know this until the banks start charging it and they give you tons of excuses for it.
Here are three facts why THIS charge is a FRAUD in totality!

1. This charge is to be under a particular stamp duty which is illegal in banking transactions! At least, I know stamp duties are charged under postal orders and not on some bank transactions.

2. The account number the money is to be remitted into (CBN NIPOST Stamp Duty Collection Account No 3000047517) is not the popular TSA account number which was created as the ONLY Government transaction’s correspondence! What this means is that the Federal Government is as corrupt as anything you can imagine, using this scheme to deprive the middle class off their hard earned money!

3. This scheme of generating funds was not listed as one of the means to be used to generate funds this year in the 2016 budget! I have read the 1800 page document page to page in details that I can almost tell where a particular item is placed. You all can take the pain to read it too. This government never listed this means as a non-oil revenue making means.

What this scheme is scheduled to do is to suffer the middle class and the lower class in Nigeria to feed some greedy, corrupt and selfish upper class. Why hasn’t the FG set up a tax on luxury items which the upper class in our strata is entitled to?

There are so many questions begging for answers that, some of which many among us will avoid answering them. I’ll leave you with this: Do not ever think you’ll benefit from the N5,000 to be given to the unemployed people because it is strictly a Northern affair! That is where we have the poorest of the poor!

Salem

Israel Oladipupo Ogunseye tweets via @LadiSpeaks

[b]In a bid to boost Federal Government revenue base in the non-oil sectors of the economy against of falling revenue in the from oil sector, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has directed banks operating in the country to reduce stamp duty charges to N50 per eligible transaction in accordance with provisions of the Stamp Duties Act.

CBN in circular issued yesterday explained that it was in recognition of this fact that banks and other financial institutions were enjoined to support governments’ revenue generation drive through compliance with the provisions of the Stamp Duties Act, LFN 2004 as reinforced by the court judgment in Suit No FHC/L/CS/1710/2013.

The apex banking regulating body noted that with immediate effect, all Deposit Money Banks (DBMs) and other financial intuitions should commence the charging of N50 per eligible transactions in accordance with provisions of the Stamp Duties Act and Federal Government Financial Regulations 2009, that is, all receipts given by any bank or other financial institution in acknowledgement of service rendered in respect of electronic transfer and teller deposits from N1, 000 and above.

The circular expressed that for the avoidance of doubt the following receipts are however exempted from imposition of Stamp Duties: Payments deposit or transfer by self to self-weather inter or intra bank and any form of withdrawal/ transfers from saving accounts.
The circular noted that, “each DMB shall open an account designated as NIPOST Stamp Duties Account into which all charges collected shall be paid.

“Other Financial Institution shall remit their Stamp Duty collections to any DMB of their choice,” the circular explained.[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself by demarc001: 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2016
Super1Star:
Are you this daft!!!!

I believe when that act was signed, #1000 was not an amount anybody can come by easily everyday! So it was not an a charge to everybody. Today who pays in less than a thousand naira in the bank? They should simply say for every transaction.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju: 'We Have Been Attacked By Police & SSS At June 12 Protest' / See The Crowd That Welcome President Muhammadu Buhari In Maiduguri / Adam Namadi Asks Delegates To Return His Money After Losing PDP Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.