Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,097 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:05 AM

Baby Dies In Biscuit Carton In Akwa Ibom - Graphic Photo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Baby Dies In Biscuit Carton In Akwa Ibom - Graphic Photo (872 Views)

Man Beheads His Uncle In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photo) / Newborn Baby Abandoned In A Carton In Kaduna (Viewers Discretion) / Suspects Hide Hemp Worth N35m In Biscuit Cartons (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Dies In Biscuit Carton In Akwa Ibom - Graphic Photo by FCTumunze: 2:13pm On Jan 20, 2016
A baby girl, dressed and abandoned by her mother in a biscuit carton near Eco Bank, along Ikot Ekpene Road, Uyo, died after hours of battling for survival.

The baby, who was said to have been abandoned by her mother at about 11:30pm on Friday, died around 11:58am on Saturday after many hours of crying for help.

A resident of the area, Mr. Okon Isaac, told our correspondent that the baby became pale after a long period of crying for her mum’s comfort before passing out.

Isaac said he wanted to check if Total Filling Station along Ikot Ekpene Road, Uyo had begun to sell fuel when he heard a baby cry near the refuse bin, dressed neatly and dumped in the biscuit carton.

According to him, he was perplexed and had to suspend buying fuel and kept watch over the baby since 5:47am thinking that the mother might change her mind and come back for the baby.

He stated that the baby’s cry from the carton drew the attention of a large number of people.

Isaac added that people were scared to touch the baby to avoid being accused by the police of trying to steal or kidnap the baby.

“I have been here since 5:47am. I wanted to buy fuel from Total, which only sells the product when available between the hours of 4 and 6:20am. After this time, they stop selling pretending not to have the product.

http://www.viviangist.com/baby-dies-in-biscuit-carton-in-akwa-ibom-graphic-photo

lalasticlala

Re: Baby Dies In Biscuit Carton In Akwa Ibom - Graphic Photo by FCTumunze: 2:13pm On Jan 20, 2016
People Just wicked cry cry cry
Re: Baby Dies In Biscuit Carton In Akwa Ibom - Graphic Photo by chidifyn(f): 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2016
God have mercy!
Re: Baby Dies In Biscuit Carton In Akwa Ibom - Graphic Photo by whirlwind7(m): 2:17pm On Jan 20, 2016
I can't fvcking believe what I'm reading!

So, the crowd all watched and waited till the baby cried herself to death??!
What makes them better than whoever dumped the baby? They hung around and rained curses on the mother and stuck their fingers up their ass.....till the baby died!!
And they gave fear of police as their excuse for doing nothing. Jeez!!! Lost generation.
Re: Baby Dies In Biscuit Carton In Akwa Ibom - Graphic Photo by choco212(m): 2:32pm On Jan 20, 2016
The mum didn't kill dis cute baby but d crowd did! Instead of rescuing d child they watched her die, may her soul RIP

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wanted Imo State Kidnappers Arrested Inside Owerri Prison, Gang Members Confess / EFCC Arrests Amosu’s Wife, Recovers $1mn From Soakaway Pit / Help He Is After My LIFE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.